Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Police look for ex-LAPD cop in shootings

I disagree. Whatever this guy has done is entirely separate from the validity of his claims. If the LAPD is corrupt, they shouldn't get a free pass just because Dorner did something bad too.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I disagree. Whatever this guy has done is entirely separate from the validity of his claims. If the LAPD is corrupt, they shouldn't get a free pass just because Dorner did something bad too.
    Definitely no free pass for the LAPD. That being said, his wildly over-the-top reaction to being fired, and targeting completely blameless people, is a huge disconnect. To the point, where I don't think this guy sees reality the way most people see it.

It appears some L.A. residents have started wearing shirts/placing signs to avoid being shot by the police. I can't say I blame them.

lizzybabe likes this.
    Rock the fuck on!

Funny as hell. What else can you do but laugh in a situation like this?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

If I had a pickup truck, I would do the same thing!

I'm with NWA on this.

Seriously they can't just go around shooting people first, questions later style without repercussions.
    The LAPD needs to get some serious shit over this. What if they'd killed someone, it wasn't even a close call or a remotely necessary situation for violence.

I think this dude has already killed himself. They will probably find his remains in the woods somewhere.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I go between thinking he's dead and thinking he's waiting for everyone to let their guard down.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    To me, hunting down and killing the completely innocent/un-involved daughter of someone you have a vendetta against is unconscionable and belies whatever legitimate grievances this guy has. It's basically a terroristic act.
    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    He can't really expect sympathy since he killed two innocent people. And the daughter of a cop? No, they aren't gonna let him live. Even if his grievances are valid, he killed an innocent person.
    Seriously. It's one thing to say "yeah, LAPD is still a messed-up organization"; I don't doubt that for one second! But I don't care if Dorner was the most mistreated motherfucker that ever worked for them--he's STILL a lunatic and a vicious murderer. NOTHING excuses what he's done, nothing--how the hell can anybody feel sympathy for his ass?! Fuck him and fuck his whiny manifesto! I'd have fired him too.

(And moreover, Ted Kaczinsky still reigns as the unrivaled king of batshit crazy paranoid mass murderer manifestos, Dorner. You lose.)

What I think reallllly invites questioning is not only how many ill-trained LAPD idiots should get fired for shooting up innocent bystanders....but also, how the hell did Dorner ever get hired to begin with? Hiring protocol FAIL.

Two more points:

Like tends to attract like, so I see no disconnect in Dorner's having wanted to work for one of the most historically troubled police agencies in the country. Just reinforces my low opinion of this nut.

And, despite LAPD's lousy rep, I tend not to believe a word Dorner says. Why? Well, I wouldn't automatically buy anything Ted Bundy said either. Just common sense. Crazy, violent, murderous people also tend to be big fat self-aggrandizing liars. Of COURSE the world is against him. Of course nothing is his fault. Yawn. Throw him in front of the waaaaambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I think this dude has already killed himself. They will probably find his remains in the woods somewhere.
    I bet you're right. Among other things--how would someone who looks like this vanish? Sheesh. And there's only so long he can hide out. I DO imagine that there's lots of empty vacation cabins up there, and he is smart enough to have planned well ahead and stashed weeks' worth of provisions and so forth. But still...it's most reasonable to assume that his body will surface when the snow melts.
    dexter7 likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Seriously. It's one thing to say "yeah, LAPD is still a messed-up organization"; I don't doubt that for one second! But I don't care if Dorner was the most mistreated motherfucker that ever worked for them--he's STILL a lunatic and a vicious murderer. NOTHING excuses what he's done, nothing--how the hell can anybody feel sympathy for his ass?! Fuck him and fuck his whiny manifesto! I'd have fired him too.
    And I agree with this, knowing that most police forces, big and small in this country, have a history of abusing people of color, guilty or not. Philly is Frank Rizzo town, and when he was police commissioner, he had a reputation for beating first, asking questions later when it came to black folks. Many suspects died on his watch as a result, and not all of them were guilty.

Dorner must have felt like he had no options - but I cannot condone murdering innocents.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Nobody is condoning that from what I've seen.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Bitter is probably not referring to people here, but rather people like those in the story below:

Christopher Dorner Fans On Facebook, Twitter Call Alleged Cop Killer A 'Hero,' Citing Police Brutality

I think you can be totally against the LAPD in this situation and not be pro-Dorner. The LAPD has zero credibility and I wouldn't be surprised at anything they did. That would include firing an officer for reporting excessive force against another. They can come out with all kinds of shit about Dorner and it still doesn't change my opinion of the LAPD. They are a scary organization and they prove it over and over again, including shooting three totally innocent people while looking for this guy. Just because this guy is a loon doesn't mean he isn't correct about the LAPD.
    BITTER, DeadDwarf and laynes like this.

I think he's dead too. I think he wanted to put the fear of god into people more than he actually wanted to kill all the people on his list. He could have killed them without naming them if that's what he wanted to do. I could be talking complete BS, but that's just a thought I had.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    It appears some L.A. residents have started wearing shirts/placing signs to avoid being shot by the police. I can't say I blame them.

I don't blame them either. How irresponsible of the the LAPD to just go firing off their guns in the direction of anyone who might be Dorner or drives a car that might be Dorner's. LAPD didn't even apologize for shooting at innocent civilians - way to feed into the theories most people already have about them as a lawless police force.

Dorner is scum however - even if he is right about the LAPD, that's no excuse to go off killing innocent people, especially the daughter of the man who tried to help you get your job back.

Thread Information