Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Police look for ex-LAPD cop in shootings

Anyone else think the guy looks a lot like LL cool j?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Silver Member

That is what I thought as soon as I saw the photo.

I guess we'll know who'll play him in the tv movie. Seriously though, it's scary not knowing where he is or if he'll kill another person before he's caught. I can't imagine how hard it is to track someone like him if he's trying to not get caught.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Get caught? They have no intention of catching him, and he knew that before they proved it by shooting up civilians.
    KrisNine, Callalily, stef and 1 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^Yup!! Exactly.

Well, to me, getting caught includes capture dead or alive.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

^^Gotcha. I'm wondering where this guy is.

Cops shoot at another person thinking it was this guy, and write it off as "oh well."

David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.

Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.

His pickup, police later explained, matched the description of the one belonging to Christopher Jordan Dorner — the ex-cop who has evaded authorities after allegedly killing three and wounding two more. But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He's several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black.

"I don't want to use the word buffoonery but it really is unbridled police lawlessness," said Robert Sheahen, Perdue's attorney. "These people need training and they need restraint."

The incident involving Perdue was the second time police looking for the fugitive former LAPD officer opened fire on someone else. The shootings have raised concerns that the fear Dorner has instilled has added another layer of danger.

"Nobody trains police officers to look for one of their own," said Maria Haberfeld, a police training professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. "I wouldn't want to be in their shoes and I don't think anybody else would."

Torrance police said the officers who slammed into Perdue were responding to shots fired moments earlier in a nearby area where LAPD officers were standing guard outside the home of someone targeted in an online manifesto that authorities have attributed to Dorner.

In the first incident, LAPD officers opened fire on another pickup they feared was being driven by Dorner. The mother and daughter inside the truck were delivering Los Angeles Times newspapers. The older woman was shot twice in the back and the other was wounded by broken glass.

In Perdue's case, his attorney said he wasn't struck by bullets or glass but was injured in the car wreck, suffering a concussion and an injury to his shoulder. The LAX baggage handler hasn't been able to work since, and his car is totaled, Sheahen said.

"When Torrance issues this ridiculous statement saying he wasn't injured, all they mean is he wasn't killed," his attorney said, referring to a press release reporting "no visible injuries" to Perdue.

A department spokesman said Saturday that the shooting is still under investigation. In a statement to The Times, the department said: "The circumstances of the incident known to the responding officers would have led a reasonable officer under normal circumstances — and these were far from normal circumstances — to believe that fellow officers were being shot at and that the vehicle traveling toward them posed a serious risk.

"In the split seconds available to them," the statement continued, "action was appropriate to intervene and stop the actions of the driver of that vehicle."

According to the police department, Perdue's car was headed directly for one of their patrol vehicles and appeared not to be yielding. When the vehicles collided, Perdue's air bag went off, blocking the view of the driver, and one officer fired three rounds.

The Torrance police chief apologized to Perdue and offered him a rental car and payment for his medical expenses, the statement said.

Similarly, an LAPD spokesman said Saturday that Chief Charlie Beck will provide a new truck to the two women injured by officers in pursuit of Dorner.

Cmdr. Andrew Smith said he and Beck met separately with the two women Saturday. The truck will be purchased using money from donors, Smith said.

The action does not necessarily preclude a lawsuit from the women or a settlement. The women's attorney, Glen T. Jonas, said, "The family appreciates that Chief Beck apologized on behalf of the LAPD."

The search for Dorner has spanned the region, with authorities hoping they had tracked Dorner down in Big Bear only for the trail to go cold there. His alleged campaign to take revenge on those he blamed for his dismissal from the LAPD has stoked fears among local police, many of whom are involved in the search. The sense of chaos has been amplified by police around the state and beyond being forced to chase down bogus leads and erroneous sightings.

Connie Rice, a civil rights attorney, said it's not surprising when police make mistakes during manhunts.

"They don't know where he is, and they're going to be edgy and jumpy," she said. "Don't get in their way. They're in a special state of consciousness right now, and they're not used to being hunted."

Perdue's attorneys said their client was shot at without warning.

"As you know, officers of the Torrance Police Department attempted to kill Mr. Perdue" Thursday, the attorneys wrote in a letter to the agency's chief.

Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity - latimes.com
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It's almost unbelievable, but it's the LAPD. If the LAPD shoots first and asks questions later, at least I would hope they would get something other than the same style of vehicle correct . The only thing they had in common with Dorner was that they both were driving pickup trucks. Not even the same make, model or color. And the fact that a shorter white man and two older hispanic women were the people on the vehicles, well, I think my two year old could figure out the difference there.

This isn't a warzone and we're not under Martial Law. This guy may be scary, but he's no worse than a lot of other criminals out there. This one has just decided to make cops his target. Honestly, I'm more afraid of the police than the man they are looking for.
    sluce and darksithbunny like this.

he states in his manifesto that the kilings will stop once the LAPD admits to the cover-ups and lies. that's his agenda. if the police really cared about the victims they'd just hold the damn conference and get it over with (no matter if it's true or not, even though i believe every word of it, especially since their latest actions have proved his point).

after reading the manifesto it's obvious he's lost everything that was important to him, he has no faith in the system and as he said, this is his last resort. NOT trying to defend his actions in any way, i'm just trying to understand where he's coming from. he won't stop this anytime soon and since he knows exactly how the police are working, he's unpredictable and that's pretty scary.

I have exhausted all available means at obtaining my name back. I have attempted all legal court efforts within appealsat the Superior Courts and California Appellate courts. This is my last resort. The LAPD has suppressed the truth andit has now lead to deadly consequences. The LAPD’s actions have cost me my law enforcement career that began on2/7/05 and ended on 1/2/09. They cost me my Naval career which started on 4/02 and ends on 2/13. I had a TS/SCIclearance(Top Secret Sensitive Compartmentalized Information clearance) up until shortly after my termination withLAPD. This is the highest clearance a service member can attain other than a Yankee White TS/SCI which is onlygranted for those working with and around the President/Vice President of the United States. I lost my position as aCommanding Officer of a Naval Security Forces reserve unit at NAS Fallon because of the LAPD. I’ve lost arelationship with my mother and sister because of the LAPD. I’ve lost a relationship with close friends because of theLAPD. In essence, I’ve lost everything because the LAPD took my name and new I was INNOCENT!!! -----, -----, -----,----- and ----- all new I was innocent but decided to terminate me so they could continue Ofcr. -----. I know about themeeting between all of you where ----- attorney, -----, confessed that she kicked ----- (excessive force). Your day hascome.I’m not an aspiring rapper, I’m not a gang member, I’m not a dope dealer, I don’t have multiple babies momma’s. I aman American by choice, I am a son, I am a brother, I am a military service member, I am a man who has lost complete faith in the system, when the system betrayed, slandered, and libeled me. I lived a good life and though not a religiousman I always stuck to my own personal code of ethics, ethos and always stuck to my shoreline and true North. Ididn’t need the US Navy to instill Honor, Courage, and Commitment in me but I thank them for re-enforcing it. It’s in my DNA.Luckily I don’t have to live everyday like most of you. Concerned if the misconduct you were apart of is going to bediscovered. Looking over your shoulder, scurrying at every phone call from internal affairs or from the Captains officewondering if that is the day PSB comes after you for the suspects you struck when they were cuffed months/yearsago or that $500 you pocketed from the narcotics dealer, or when the other guys on your watch beat a transient nearlyto death and you never reported the UOF to the supervisor. No, I don’t have that concern, I stood up for what was rightbut unfortunately have dealt with the reprocussions of doing the right thing and now losing my name and everything Iever stood for. You fuckers knew ----- was guilty of kicking (excessive force) ----- and you did nothing but get rid of whatyou saw as the problem, the whistleblower. ----- himself stated on video tape ( provided for the BOR and in transcripts)he was kicked and even his father stated that his son said he was kicked by ----- when he was released from custody.The video was played for the entire BOR to hear. You’re going to see what a whistleblower can do when you takeeverything from him especially his NAME!!!Look what you did to Sgt. ----- (now lieutenant) when he exposed the truth of your lying, racism, and PSB cover-ups toframe and convict an innocent man. You can not police yourselves and the consent decree was unsuccessful. Sgt. -----, I met you on the range several times as a recruit and as an officer. You’re a good man and I saw it in your eyes anactions.Self Preservation is no longer important to me. I do not fear death as I died long ago on 1/2/09. I was told by mymother that sometimes bad things happen to good people. I refuse to accept that.From 2/05 to 1/09 I saw some of the most vile things humans can inflict on others as a police officer in Los Angeles.Unfortunately, it wasn’t in the streets of LA. It was in the confounds of LAPD police stations and shops (cruisers). Theenemy combatants in LA are not the citizens and suspects, it’s the police officers.People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. How ironic that you utilize a fixed glass structure as your command HQ. You use as a luminous building to symbolize that you are transparent, have nothing to hide, or suppress when in essence, concealing, omitting, and obscuring is your forte.-----, this is when you need to have that come to Jesus talk with Sgt. ----- and everyone else who was involved in theconspiracy to have me terminated for doing the right thing. you also need to speak with her attorney, -----, and hisconversation with the BOR members and her confession of guilt in kicking Mr. -----. I’ll be waiting for a PUBLIC response at a press conference. When the truth comes out, the killing stops. Why didn’t you charge me with filing a false police report when I came forward stating that ----- kicked Mr. -----? You filecriminal charges against every other officer who is accused and terminated for filing a false police report. You didn’tbecause you knew I was innocent and a criminal court would find me innocent and expose your department for suppressing the truth and retaliation, that’s why. The attacks will stop when the department states the truth about my innocence, PUBLICLY!!! I will not accept any typeof currency/goods in exchange for the attacks to stop, nor do i want it. I want my name back, period. There is no negotiation. I am not the state department who states they do not negotiate with terrorist, because anybody with aSecret or TS/SCI has seen IIR’s on SIPR and knows that the US state department always negotiates by using CFcountries or independent sovereign/neutral country to mediate and compromising.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Anyone else think the guy looks a lot like LL cool j?

Yea,..I do. I said that back on the first page of the thread. A chubbier version of LL.

Well, conveniently the LAPD has said they are going to re-open his case and look into his firing.

Cynical me says its because if it's an open case, freedom of information requests don't apply.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

He can't really expect sympathy since he killed two innocent people. And the daughter of a cop? No, they aren't gonna let him live. Even if his grievances are valid, he killed an innocent person.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    He can't really expect sympathy since he killed two innocent people. And the daughter of a cop? No, they aren't gonna let him live. Even if his grievances are valid, he killed an innocent person.
    To me, hunting down and killing the completely innocent/un-involved daughter of someone you have a vendetta against is unconscionable and belies whatever legitimate grievances this guy has. It's basically a terroristic act.
    BITTER, eeyore0101, laynes and 2 others like this.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information