Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Police look for ex-LAPD cop in shootings

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    But at least those officers didn't just shoot first and cover up later. It's as though the LAPD is trying to live up to the points made in the manifesto.
    Yup. Reading his manifesto, it looks like his version of events kind of dovetail with their behavior while searching for him.

I just hope they find him sooner, than later. Like yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I just hope they find him sooner, than later. Like yesterday!
    I think it will be sooner rather than later. While he's probably a great combat guy, he's not a survivalist/forager, like Eric Rudolph, who could disappear and live off the land indefinitely.

But at least those officers didn't just shoot first and cover up later. It's as though the LAPD is trying to live up to the points made in the manifesto.
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Yup. Reading his manifesto, it looks like his version of events kind of dovetail with their behavior while searching for him.

I think it's things like this that is making the public look at this guy a bit differently than they look at a lot of other mass murderers, serial killers and the like. I think people are almost viewing him in a more sympathetic light. Not agreeing with what he did or how he went about "clearing" his name, but seeing that he had a legitimate issue with the LAPD. I also think after seeing the way the police handled those two incidences yesterday morning, that Christopher Dorner may not have been that off in his assessment of the LAPD.
    Seapharris7, Mercer and Callalily like this.

I can't believe those people survived those shootings. The bullet holes were where their heads would have been. Insane. I hope the people of LA start protesting, LAPD can't just go around shooting to kill like this. They didn't even look at the drivers, how do you mistake an elderly Hispanic woman for a 270 lb black man? Wtf!

Holy shit! His 11 page letter about Hollywood stories and the package he sent to Anderson Cooper is crazy. The LAPD can just like Michael K hunt this nut down if he threatens Anderson.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

The cops aren't out to bring this guy in, they are out to kill him. He knows it too since his manifesto basically says he knows he'll die soon. I don't believe they will kill him to silence him (he's already spilled what happened), they will kill him for revenge. And apparently, if some citizens die in the process... overtime and jet skies for everyone!

It looks like they seem to think he's still in Big Bear. It seems strange to me, but they must know what they're doing. Big Bear is a small community and since he burned his truck and no one has reported a stolen vehicle, they think he stayed put. The terrain is very rugged and they don't think he would have been able to get out on foot without taking the main roads. Who knows.
    Brookie likes this.

Thanks for the update, Kris. Creepy as fuck.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

He is smart, couldn't he have had a vehicle stashed somewhere close by? I wouldn't think he would want to isolate himself up there, when he has an agenda and people he wants to take out.

Just a quick update. There is an article on Huffington Post (Christopher Dorner Court And Police Records Show Ex-Cop Murder Suspect Was Sensitive, Disturbed) that is very illuminating - about people who suffer from his apparent disorder - malignant narcissistic personality disorder.

Some stuff from the article:
    Those who study the psyches of criminals said Dorner's aggressive and self-aggrandizing rant indicates a classic case of malignant narcissist personality disorder. Some people with the disorder are extremely thin-skinned and vengeful, said Mary Ellen O'Toole, a retired FBI profiler.
    They may seem insecure, she said, but in reality their rages and even tears are extreme reactions to real or imagined criticisms because they have such grandiose visions of themselves.
    "He's putting in his manifesto that he's going to use all the training he received as an LAPD officer and as a military officer to basically hold Southern California hostage, and to be there when you least expect it," she said. "Is he deadly? Yes. Of course he has killed people."
    "But is he capable of taking on some 1,000 officers looking for him? That's someone with a personality disorder," she said.

Also:

Court papers from 2006 show that Dorner requested a restraining order against a woman he had dated for six weeks after he said she posted his LAPD badge number and trash-talked about him on a website called dontdatehimgirl.com.
    Dorner attached the lengthy posting he said was by his ex-girlfriend, Ariana Williams, as well as a handwritten note she apparently placed on his belongings when she returned them after they broke up.
    In the web posting, Dorner is described as "severely emotionally and mentally disturbed," "twisted" and "super paranoid." It also said he flashed his police badge on their first date, lives with his mother and hates himself for being black at one point asking her to act more like a white woman.
    And:

In internal police papers, Evans said Dorner repeatedly asked why he was being put back on patrol without reintegration training. On one occasion, he began weeping in the patrol car and demanded to be taken back to the police academy to be retrained, according to a summary of an interview with Evans contained in 2009 court documents.
    Evans warned Dorner that she would give him an unsatisfactory rating and request that he be removed from the field unless he improved. A day after she followed up on her threat with a poor review, Dorner reported to internal affairs that Evans had kicked a severely mentally ill man in the chest and left cheek during an arrest.
    A police review panel ultimately found the allegation untrue and Dorner was fired for making a false statement.

Silver Member

I feel bad for the man who lost his daughter. What he must be thinking....

bunch of fucking goons. I'm guessing there will be no consequences?
    Those are the 'more good guys with guns' that the NRA is thinking solves gun violence. Yup, good evidence of that when police open fire on the newspaper delivery people.
    Mercer, Callalily and rockchick like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

There are no good guys in this story.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

^^That is true!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information