Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Police look for ex-LAPD cop in shootings

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    The cops are going fucking crazy. Two separate incidences of officers opening fire on vehicles that match the description of this guys vehicle. One truck was in a neighborhood delivering newspapers and cops were patrolling that neighborhood, apparently protecting an LAPD officer that lives in that neighborhood, and the cops shot up the truck. Another happened in the same general area. Cops saw a truck that somewhat matches the description and opened fire. Two people were injured in the first truck, and one person was in the second and not injured. Good luck to anyone driving a dark colored pick up truck. Jeez.
    bunch of fucking goons. I'm guessing there will be no consequences?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    bunch of fucking goons. I'm guessing there will be no consequences?
    I'm sure. The two people that were in the first truck we two older (one looks elderly) Hispanic women!! They were delivering newspapers at 5 a.m., driving through the neighborhood with their lights off (as a courtesy, I'm guessing).

Scary, because the LAPD Police Chief is talking about the two victims like nothing happened. Basically, yeah it was a case of mistaken identity and that one woman has already been released from the hospital. I know the cops are on edge, but come on. You can't just go shooting 30plus rounds into someone's car.

Look at the bullet holes on this truck. I don't know how the women survived.

And this is the second truck

You can see the bullet holes in the windshield.

Holy crap.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

they've found his truck, all burned, in Big Bear. Who knows where this creep is.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Holy crap.
    Sums it up nicely.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I'm sure. The two people that were in the first truck we two older (one looks elderly) Hispanic women!! They were delivering newspapers at 5 a.m., driving through the neighborhood with their lights off (as a courtesy, I'm guessing).

Scary, because the LAPD Police Chief is talking about the two victims like nothing happened. Basically, yeah it was a case of mistaken identity and that one woman has already been released from the hospital. I know the cops are on edge, but come on. You can't just go shooting 30plus rounds into someone's car.

Look at the bullet holes on this truck. I don't know how the women survived.

And this is the second truck

You can see the bullet holes in the windshield.
    WTF? Shoot first, questions later.

^^Seems like thats what they're doing. Nuts.

Anything new from the local news from our members in California??

Nope. Nothing. The police in Big Bear are about to hold a press conference. Right now we are getting hit by a pretty decent winter storm (by Southern California standards). The mountain is covered in snow and it's currently snowing. The police went door to door in Big Bear looking for Christopher Dorner. There are a lot of vacation homes in the area, so he's got plenty of places to hide.

The local news is telling us that the police in Big Bear may have zeroed in on an area, but that's not been confirmed. I personally can't believe this guy would go to the mountains, burn his truck and then stick around. Of course, I'm not an expert.

Maybe he wants the cops wandering around looking for him in the big wilderness. He probably has went back to a town and is stalking his next victim. He wants to kill people, not hide out alone in the woods. I think he is probably messing with them.
    Sylkyn likes this.

After reading his manifesto, I am convinced he was a regular poster here at some point.....
    sluce likes this.

I think you might be right, Mo.

I definitely think this guy is leading police on a wild goose chase. They'll have all of their resources spread so thin and then this guy will strike.

I swear, I'm not a conspiracy theory type, but the whole thing with shooting the two trucks yesterday morning really has me thinking the cops want this guy dead and not talking. I have never seen anything like this. Shooting a truck to kill someone the way these cops did is not the norm. I've seen plenty of standoffs with people that are just as dangerous and they've never started like this.
    greysfang likes this.

I think you might be right, Mo.

I definitely think this guy is leading police on a wild goose chase. They'll have all of their resources spread so thin and then this guy will strike.

I swear, I'm not a conspiracy theory type, but the whole thing with shooting the two trucks yesterday morning really has me thinking the cops want this guy dead and not talking. I have never seen anything like this. Shooting a truck to kill someone the way these cops did is not the norm. I've seen plenty of standoffs with people that are just as dangerous and they've never started like this.
    If you read his manifesto, this is not a dumb guy by any means. I think he is mentally ill in some way, and has been nursing some kind of well-documented grievance that has morphed into an all-encompassing worldview. Since his manifesto reads like a really long suicide note, I don't think there is anyway he is going to be captured alive, whether they were inclined to capture him alive or not.

ETA: Having lived in the era (and geographic area) of the Beltway Snipers, I've seen the pervasive fear and paranoia that result, even among police officers. I'll never forget driving home and seeing a bunch of cops with guns drawn on a guy who was on his knees with his arms over his head outside his white service van. The snipers had been erroneously reported to be driving a white van.
    darksithbunny likes this.

But at least those officers didn't just shoot first and cover up later. It's as though the LAPD is trying to live up to the points made in the manifesto.
    laynes likes this.

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information