Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Police to interview Burke Ramsey RE: JonBenet. Possible break in the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Exactly. These cases can be addictive to follow as you want to find out the truth. For most people there is no pervy alterior motive to being interested in the case and it would be wrong to suggest there is..
    Well said. That earlier comment by Novice was pathetic and that's an understatement. Of course nobody here has a pervy ulterior motive.
    I don't think this case will ever be solved, unless there is a DNA match. It's one of America's most famous homicide cases and most people have an opinion one way or another.
    Last edited by Wiseguy; October 16th, 2010 at 10:13 AM.

There's a world full of people, and naturally people are interested in different things. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I'm really interested in this case, but I can totally see how somebody who is not would find it creepy. There are interests that other people have that I find totally creepy. It's not pathetic to say so, just an opinion. Unless I missed something, Novice said it was creepy, not pervy. There's a big difference.

Not trying to make light of the fact that a child was murdered, but this case just has all the elements of a good murder mystery. Because there is tons of available evidence that's public, and because people are so polarized on the issue, AND because after all this time it hasn't been solved, I don't think it's hard to understand why the debate continues.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    There are interests that other people have that I find totally creepy. It's not pathetic to say so, just an opinion. Unless I missed something, Novice said it was creepy, not pervy. There's a big difference
    Novice did say she finds it creepy, a bit like the case where the poster turned out to be a paedophile. Which to me could insinuate pervyness a little, intended or not. That's what I thought was a little unnecessary.
    Last edited by Sarzy; October 16th, 2010 at 12:29 PM.

Me too Sarzy. And I don't know about other forums because I don't really go off researching this shit, but nobody here is being creepy about it.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

I'm massively interested in true crime, got it from my mom. Ironically enough, I ended up working in major crimes so it was good training.

Some find reading about Ted Bundy, JonBenet, etc. boring and creepy but I find it fascinating because I work in it (not those cases of course). Other people find the Duggars, child beauty pageants, etc. repellant but fascinating.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by eforest View Post
    Does anyone else think that perhaps Islamic mafia was involved?
    nope

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Elite Member

JonBenet and Islamic Mafia seems quite a stretch.

But it was a small foreign faction! And who's more foreign than the ~*~*~Islamic Mafia~*~*~
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Quote Originally Posted by eforest View Post
    Does anyone else think that perhaps Islamic mafia was involved?

are you for real?
    what the fuck is the islamic mafia?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Why, they're a small foreign faction. Everybody knows that, duh
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Splitters!
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I think the most disgusting part of this whole investigation is the way it was bungled in the first hours. Why was everyone allowed to stay in an active crime scene .... even before they found her body, it would have been the active crime scene of a kidnapping, at the least. Why did the officer that was left there ask all the family and friends to search the house for her???? That was probably the biggest blunder of all. I remember I read that John's friend (my mind is blanking on his name .... Terry White?) had gone into the wine cellar where she was found and never saw her ... and then John Ramsey disappeared for 20 or 30 minutes and came back with her dead body. And then the officer let Patsy hold JonBenet and drape herself all over the body (which, I agree, is a natural human reaction, but the cop should have known better). Then within MINUTES of finding his dead daughter, John Ramsey was on the phone with his pilot telling him they were leaving right away. Who does that?? It just amazes me; you'd think they'd want to find out who did it or make funeral arrangements or something. I also think without a shadow of a doubt in my eyes that Patsy wrote that ransom note for many of the reasons that others have already said. It's just a shame .... I will always wonder if the Boulder police hadn't screwed up in such a big way (allowing the crime scene to be trampled all over and not following procedure and allowing the victim's family to find a dead JonBenet) if this case would have been solved.
    Last edited by Nevan; October 18th, 2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: ETA: FLEET White, now I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I think the most disgusting part of this whole investigation is the way it was bungled in the first hours. Why was everyone allowed to stay in an active crime scene .... even before they found her body, it would have been the active crime scene of a kidnapping, at the least. Why did the officer that was left there ask all the family and friends to search the house for her???? That was probably the biggest blunder of all. I remember I read that John's friend (my mind is blanking on his name .... Terry White?) had gone into the wine cellar where she was found and never saw her ... and then John Ramsey disappeared for 20 or 30 minutes and came back with her dead body. And then the officer let Patsy hold JonBenet and drape herself all over the body (which, I agree, is a natural human reaction, but the cop should have known better). Then within MINUTES of finding his dead daughter, John Ramsey was on the phone with his pilot telling him they were leaving right away. Who does that?? It just amazes me; you'd think they'd want to find out who did it or make funeral arrangements or something. I also think without a shadow of a doubt in my eyes that Patsy wrote that ransom note for many of the reasons that others have already said. It's just a shame .... I will always wonder if the Boulder police hadn't screwed up in such a big way (allowing the crime scene to be trampled all over and not following procedure and allowing the victim's family to find a dead JonBenet) if this case would have been solved.
    I hadn't heard that. Are you sure it was the father? I know that John Andrew Ramsey caught a flight with his wife Melissa, but not John Ramsey.
    Also, that ransom note was written in a calm, calculated way. I can't imagine Patsy murdering her daughter (in an extremely brutal way) then writing that note afterward.
    I believe an intruder gained access to the house (which was massive) and may have hidden in there for a while until the family went to bed. He possibly planned on abducting JonBenet, and wrote the ransom note beforehand. The killer then changed his mind and killed JonBenet before leaving via the basement window.
    There is still no evidence linking any of the Ramsey family, yet so much evidence pointing to an intruder.
    How can anybody explain male DNA on three separate items of JonBenet's clothing, none of which belonged to any member of the Ramsey family??

Yes, I'm positive it was the father. I read it in two books, one of them being by the author that has a goatee (or at least a large mustache) and glasses, can't remember his name. I believe he had the pilot on standby because they were all supposed to be going to their vacation house for the remainder of the holiday or something the next day or later that day, but he called within minutes of finding the body and told the pilot to ready the plane because they were leaving, I think, within the hour.

I can't explain the male DNA. The second set of male DNA was found after I had to walk away because I, too, was getting obsessed with the case and the loss of justice for this poor little girl. I have also been on both sides of the fence, but like someone said earlier, I keep getting stuck on the ransom note. I truly believe that Patsy wrote that note.

The pineapple also keeps coming back to me. I think Patsy gave JonBenet pineapple as a late night snack and something happened. Something bad. If that really is the timeline, Patsy had all the time in the world (in the reality of a killing) to write that ridiculously long letter. As far as my research went (until I had to walk away), she was never exonerated from writing that letter. IIRC, the pineapple was undigested in her stomach, so her death had to have happened close to the time she ate the pineapple. And whose prints were on the bowl of pineapple .... I believe just Patsy's and Burke's. FWIW, I don't believe that Burke killed his sister. I never did. I never believed that Patsy killed JonBenet on purpose, either. I think something happened and Patsy just flipped.

Like I said in my original post, I blame LE for bungling this case. They soooooo screwed it up and with basic common sense stuff, like keeping everyone away from the body, the biggest source of evidence. Just like I blame LE (and the prosecution) for letting OJ get away with a double murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    The pineapple also keeps coming back to me.
    It could be acid reflux.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information