Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Police forensics examine missing ABC staffer Jill Meagher's flat after purse found

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    So wait, he's being held on TWO rape/murders?
    No the body they found is hers. So sad.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Sickening. He seems to fit the profile and photo-fits of a few other rapes in the area too..

Poor Jill.

A*O

She was found in a shallow grave about 40 mins drive from where the CCTV pics place her. It was pure luck she was caught on a shop's internal camera because we don't have a network of them covering the streets like they do in the UK. I think that might change now because they are a deterant. Poor woman. RIP. It's possible the scrote who did it has been trying to attack other women in the area too.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

As an ex-paranoid uber-conspiracy theorist, I have always had a fear and resentment for "Big Brother" and the idea of 24/7 surveillance, but in this case... I feel like the CCTV cameras were the only reason this evil prick was caught...

AussieCriminals.com.au has a good roundup, and gossiprocks being international I'm hoping this wont break some law to plaster this dirtbag's face on the thread. I wanna because in the new picks on him in the cops' backseat, arsehole is hiding his face. So he probably shouldn't have put himself on facebook...

What happened to Jill Meagher? Raped and Murdered by blue hoody guy Adrian Bailey

Posted on September 25, 2012 by Robbo

Police allege Bayley raped and murdered Ms Meagher on the morning of September 22 in Brunswick. He led police to her shallow grave overnight

tragic update – alleged rapist and killer leads police to shallow grave this morning

September 28, 2012 6:31AM

Jill Meagher’s body found, Adrian Ernest Bayley, charged

Adrian Ernest Bayley has been charged with the rape and murder of Jill Meagher, her body was found 50km away from Melbourne. This is an image of the despicable mongrel dog found on facebook!

source: Aussie Criminals and Crooks | Australian criminals and their Crimes. Con artists, scum bags, murderers, corrupt cops, pollies, rapists and paedophiles will not escape notice either in my true-crime blog.More precisely it is about the criminals, the c
    Adrian Ernest Bayley, 41, was remanded at an out-of-sessions court hearing shortly before 3am that lasted only 90 seconds at St Kilda Road Police Station

With this disgusting crime there are more than one victim, my personal apologies and thoughts go to Tom Meagher, the husband of Jill, who had to endure the scrutiny and suspicion of being a suspect in her disappearance from early on in the investigation.

It is the first place they go looking when a partner disappears, the police the media the social media. Random Opportunistic crimes of this nature in Australia very rarely happen like this in the city, if anywhere.

How wrong a lot of us were this time.
    Robbo

THE Coroner has removed the body of Jill Meagher from a shallow grave near a remote road about 50km northwest of Melbourne.

Police made the discovery early this morning on Black Hill Road at Gisborne South, about 15 minutes drive from the Calder Freeway.

I haven't posted the pic of the coroner placing Jill's body into the coroner's vehicle because I know that offends a few GR regulars

The body was in a shallow grave near a tree about five metres from Black Hill Road.

The Coroners Office put the body into a white van just before 4am after detectives finished their five-hour investigation of the scene.

An autopsy will be conducted today.

Police say they were led to the scene by the man charged with the murder and rape of Ms Meagher.

Adrian Ernest Bayley, 41, was remanded at an out-of-sessions court hearing shortly before 3am that lasted only 90 seconds at St Kilda Road Police Station.

The bail justice told Bayley he should not be given bail given the seriousness of the charges against him.

She asked him whether he understood the charges, to which he replied a simple “yes”.

Asked whether he wanted the charges read to him, the accused said “no”.

The accused wore a blue T-shirt, jeans and red-and-black Nike runners and showed no emotion as he sat with his chin in his hand.

Police will allege Bayley raped and murdered Ms Meagher on the morning of September 22 in Brunswick.

He will appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court later today.

This morning’s events came after police swooped on the suspect’s Coburg home at 2.30pm and took him to the St Kilda Rd Police Complex where he was interviewed.

Police will allege he is the man seen on CCTV wearing a blue hoodie top and talking to Ms Meagher on Sydney Rd early on Saturday Rd moments before she vanished.

UPDATE TONIGHT 7PM 27/09/12

31 yr correction 41 yr old man from Coburg has been arrested in relation to Jill’s disappearance- More to come

POLICE have arrested a man over the disappearance of missing woman Jill Meagher.

A 41-year-old Coburg man will be charged with her abduction and murder.

Police swooped on the man late today at his home and took him to the St Kilda Rd Police Complex where he was being interviewed. No charges have yet been laid.

The Herald Sun has been told police have no other suspects and it was allegedly an opportunistic crime.

His arrest by the homicide squad missing persons unit came a day after police released CCTV video of a man wearing a hoodie, who was seen talking to Ms Meagher, 29, at 1.43am on Saturday as she walked home.

Police have not said if the man who has been arrested is the person in the hoodie.

Ms Meagher’s brother, Michael McKeon, was overwhelmed when told of the arrest. Police fear Ms Meagher was abducted while making the short walk home from a Sydney Rd bar in Brunswick.

source: Adrian Ernest Bayley | Aussie Criminals and Crooks

EDITED TO ADD:

Shit! Motherfucker was probably on the cops' radar because he has a history of sexual assault and violence! Just HANG this rabid dog from the highest tree :

Thug, 40, jailed for drunken king-hit

Karen Matthews | February 28th, 2012

A 40-YEAR-OLD thug, still on parole, claimed he was too drunk to remember king-hitting a Geelong man, breaking his jaw and rendering him unconcious, a court has heard.

Adrian Bayley, of Burgundy Dve, Wyndhamvale, pleaded guilty in Geelong Magistrates’ Court yesterday to a single charge of recklessly causing serious injury.

Police Prosecutor Leading Senior Constable David Vanderpol said that, about 1.24am on August 12, last year, the 20-year-old victim was standing outside a cafe in Little Malop St having something to eat when Bayley approached.

“Bayley started yelling and abusing the victim, then punched him with a closed fist to the face,” Sen-Constable Vanderpol said.

“The power of the blow lifted the victim off the ground and knocked him unconcious to the ground, striking his head as he fell.”

The prosecutor said Bayley then ran off and the victim was taken to Geelong Hospital with a fractured jaw.

Sen-Constable Vanderpol said the entire incident was captured on CCTV footage and there was also footage which showed Bayley earlier at the Eureka Hotel.

He said police later arrested Bayley who claimed he was too drunk to remember but recalled being involved in some sort of altercation.

Michael Brugman, for Bayley, said his client was distraught that he had harmed someone else.

“He has been losing sleep wondering how or why and trying to remember,” Mr Brugman said.

The lawyer said his client had spent most of his life in jail and was currently on parole until March 17, 2013.

“He stopped drinking on Boxing Day, is due to start a new job today and has no priors for violence,” Mr Brugman said.

But Magistrate Ron Saines rejected Mr Brugman’s claim that his client had no priors for violence.

“I have no alternative but to order an immediate custodial sentence,” Mr Saines told Bayley.

“Your past history involves sexual violence and you have been jailed for other serious matters.”

Bayley was convicted and sentenced to three months jail.

He was also excluded from entering Geelong’s CBD for 12 months.
    source: http://aussiecriminals.com.au/2012/0...-jill-meagher/
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

A*O

Without that CCTV footage they certainly wouldn't have caught him so quickly, and maybe not at all. He's obviously well known to the cops so it only took one fleeting image to nail him. He must have confessed and shown them the grave almost immediately so I'll give him a tiny speck of credit for that so her family is spared any more agony of not knowing. Now they have the agony of knowing. I hope the media backs off to let them grieve but so far there isn't much sign of it. Fucking vultures.
    Dame Edna Everage

this is awful Poor Jill and her family and friends.

Thankfully for the CCTV in that area that helped catch this man or else he'll still be out there.

A*O

But that's the thing. There isn't any street CCTV there. The images came from a camera inside a bridal shop that just happened to show the door/window he walked past outside.
    arie_skop likes this.
    Dame Edna Everage

So, awful. So glad he was caught.

That picture of him is soo creepy. I can't look at it.

What the hell is he doing wearing a Michigan State Tee Shirt?-just weird to be reading this and then see the pic and wtf? Michigan State? in Melbourne?

Not sure how Australian justice works and all. Probably will be back to the place that has been is haven most of his adult life apparently-a prison cell. Is there 'prison justice' there?

He also looks like a scarily strong and muscular predator. Every woman's nightmare, I imagine.
    Lalique and Kat Scorp like this.

It is every woman's nightmare, especially when it's made all too real like this. It's reasonably safe where I live which is sort of the Sydney equivalent of where she lived, and even though there are plenty of junkies and weirdos I don't walk around afraid all the time. It was scarier walking around at night where I grew up, because it was quiet and surrounded by bushland.

And yes, the prison justice system works the same way here when it comes to rapists and child molesters. He may have to be isolated. Or not.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

A*O

The mainstream and social media really needs to shut down this mawkish reporting now or his lawyers will be able to go for a mistrial because too much of his criminal history and personal details are already out there.

Sadly, she's not the first woman to suffer this fate and unfortunately she won't be the last. I'm still not sure why this particular crime is attracting so much attention. Actually I do, she worked for the ABC so the media are treating her as "one of us". I highly doubt she'd be getting this much coverage if she was a hairdresser.

The shop where the CCTV pics were taken is already becoming a flower decked shrine a la St Diana. Aussies do love a good mourn. Just leave her poor family to grieve in peace now please. Still, it's knocked the footy player who got drunk, sorry "disoriented" in Vegas and fell off a roof off the front page, and page 2,3,4,5,6,7.......
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    What the hell is he doing wearing a Michigan State Tee Shirt?-just weird to be reading this and then see the pic and wtf? Michigan State? in Melbourne?
    I know, isn't that creepy?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Tee shirt made him do it.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Someone on websleuths put his picture next to some of the photo-fits from other attacks in the area. I think they are pretty similar.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3
    Kat Scorp likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information