Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passengers say they never heard man shot by air marshalls say the word 'bomb'

Default Re: Passengers say they never heard man shot by air marshalls say the word 'bomb'

air marshals are undercover and in plain clothes. unless something has changed. and the exact number employeed is kept secret.

and air marshals ride on the planes covertly. (again unless something has changed). there is more to this story than what we are seeing. was he shot by an "air marshal" or an agent that was already in the terminal? don't know if that's been said anywhere yet........

pacific - not sure who you saw "swaggering" through the airport recently but it wasn't an air marshal. unless they also give that job title to uniformed officers. i do see unifomed officers all of the time because i travel frequently but they are either local/federal agents with an arm patch signifying their organizaton.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
    Miss Piggy
    US Muppet and Pig

Default Re: Passengers say they never heard man shot by air marshalls say the word 'bomb'

more of my two cents - I'm here to tell ya, the news media will flat get facts wrong when it comes to a sensational story, and that's what this is. At this point they are only getting their facts from "eye witnesses" and then piecing together a story for their deadline. The more controversial, the better, especially when it involves air travel. The topic itself is very sexy to read about ... it's common enough that we can all do it, but it's also somewhat glamorous; it's dangerous because we have little to no control over our personal safety, but it's exciting for the same reason. We all love to talk about how we got the shaft the last time we flew, but we still wish for the days when people dressed to fly. Complain about the food and are angry when there is none. Articles about the airlines sell. Articles about people getting killed must surely sell even more.

Another thing to think about -- those air marshals must by neccesity be on the alert always. If they aren't, that's when the kid with the razor in his shoe gets missed. They are very highly trained to recognize subtle signs that trigger their suspicions and are quite accustomed to the usual crazy on an airplane. Again, I trust their judgement as a whole and feel better knowing they are around. As someone else said, they will not win no matter what, but they did what they were trained for and it doesn't matter if they were on the ground inside an airport. The rules don't change until you get in your car and drive away.

I bet the next man's wife makes sure he takes his meds.
    Buying is a profound pleasure. Simone De Beauvoir

Well, one of the symptoms of bi-polar disease, which this man suffered from, is denial of illness and refusal to take medication, particularly in the manic phase that feels damn good. I have known several people with this condition and simply asking them to take their meds is impossible. And it's pretty hard to force feed them to someone much bigger than yourself. If treating mental illness were that easy, then a lot of the social problems in the world would be much less common.

As for the swaggering macho attitude, I have been around cops and military for a lot of years. I can spot them a mile away, undercover or not. It's really not that difficult to the trained eye. There are lots of giveaways.

God I love men who "swagger". Guess that's why I end up with them!
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
    Miss Piggy
    US Muppet and Pig

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
    God I love men who "swagger". Guess that's why I end up with them!
    me too....they call it cocky for a reason

too bad they suck else where though. like in relationships beh.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Swaggering men? No thanks...
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information