Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree996Likes

Thread: Paris shootings and explosions near Stade de France kill 18

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Tell me about it - it seems to be the only way to die in certain parts of Philadelphia.
    That's where I'm talking about too. I live here. One lady was babysitting sitting outside ( I can't remember if it were the lady, or baby that died), another girl got killed getting her hair done. I'm sure there are more, but those are the two incidents that came to mind.

I wonder how many of the ISIS members made it through the migration. Remember so many people got upset and didn't want to register properly.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    ^But should we welcome every-fucking-one and say "oh, there may be a dozen jihadis among them, never mind them..."?
    You surely know why,dont you?It is your government,s policy to blame,The US and British destroying countries and wrecking economies ,driving people to exile .No parent will put their kid on a boat if the land was safer..And while i do mourn for France i mourn equally for those killed by france,s policies..
    BelledeJour and HWBL like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

I never said France wasn't to blame. They created this havoc, whether in the Middle East or in Europe.
    effie2 likes this.

A*O

The Saudis and their Wahabi brand of extreme Islam are arming and funding ISIS and around the world are building the religious schools their kids are brainwashed in and the mosques they worship and are recruited in.

Here's a pic of the shiny new Saudi built mosque in the still strategically important British outpost of Gibraltar where I briefly visited last month. It's for the benefit of the many North Africans who are either now working in Gibraltar or passing through on their way to greener pastures in Northern Europe.

I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

As a Greek I don't feel guilty that we let that fucker through. We're not mind readers.
    Kittylady and Kathie_Moffett like this.

I'm not accusing Greeks of anything, Yanna, I hope you didn't take it personally.
    yanna, effie2 and Kathie_Moffett like this.

A*O

I totally understand why countries this flood of people transit through are happy to pass them on to be someone else's problem/responsibility. Unfortunately there comes a point where Europe's landmass runs out. In any event some 1.4 MILLION people have entered Europe this year alone - 4 x more than last year - so authorities can't possibly process and monitor who they are allowing in. I'm just amazed that anyone would be shocked this happened. I note the "Come One, Come All, Open Borders" lobby is keeping very quiet.
    Dame Edna Everage

The reports I've read say only one of the involved terrorists was registered as a refugee. I'm sure if that guy didn't make it through, we'd still have dead french people.

I have no idea if there are more precautions Europe can take on the refugee front but I will never believe that if they had, people would be perfectly safe.

Probably best to figure out how to stop the war in Syria so people don't have to flee. It's like blaming small buckets for not stopping water damage from a leaky roof rather than fix the roof.
    effie2, A*O, faithanne and 7 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

They're saying two now were registered as refugees.

Two men linked to Paris attacks registered as migrants in Greece: police

Athens (AFP) - Two men who French police are seeking to identify in connection with the Paris attacks registered as migrants with Greek authorities earlier this year, the Greek police confirmed on Saturday.

French authorities had asked their Greek counterparts to check a passport and fingerprints of one man who died in the attacks and the fingerprints of another.

A*O

Of course the chaotic problem in Syria needs to be resolved but as usual with these impossibly complicated situations there isn't an obvious way forward. Like Iraq under Saddam, you wonder if the comparatively stable, albeit brutal Assad regime might have been preferable to the current disaster.
    joebob likes this.
    Dame Edna Everage

Ok,i am done with this shit!Our borders are European borders.We take people in,care for them,feed ,cloth ,cure them,house them and BEG the rest of Euros to share the burden.We are a small,poor,bankrupt country,thanks to our bastards politicians and Euro policies.Our people struggles.And yet we help any fucking way we can.We didnt create the situation in the Middle East and we were always supportive to their various causes.Now,what the fuck are we supposed to do.Upturn the boats the Turks are leading to our islands?Throw babies and pregnant women to the sea?Or shoot them as they land?Do we have to SINK the boats?What can we do?Turks are in talks with Germans and French,they all agree refugees cannot stay in Turkey,so they must come here..If the war wont stop in their countries they will keep coming,they have no option.And we will have to take them in.If Europe does not like it,then they must find a way to stop it.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Practically the last country I'd blame, if any, would be Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    They are interviewing a sportscaster on 20/20 who was in the press box at the France/Germany soccer game. He is saying they continued to play and finished the game, and then there was confusion when they tried to empty the stadium and announced people should not use certain exits. There were two explosions right near the stadium, but they kept playing???
    I read on a Dutch news site that they didn't want chaos and let the game continue as planned. According to French police, chaos was exactly what the terrorists were waiting for. Initially one of them was supposed to go in the stadium and blow himself up, but when trying to enter security found his explosives belt so he blew himself up outside instead, and the other two would be waiting outside by the exits for the people fleeing in the chaos to try to take out as many as possible by also blowing themselves up. Terrifying.

The German national team spend the night at Stade de France out of safety concerns before they left to fly back to Germany
    effie2, maryk, BelledeJour and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

I think ISIS is on everyone's mind, but what about Al-Shabaab (al-Queda ally of sorts)? Maybe I think about it more because I live in a community where people have been recruited. They are responsible for horrifying acts of terror and may be waiting to strike in Kenya, their popular target. Or elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Of course the chaotic problem in Syria needs to be resolved but as usual with these impossibly complicated situations there isn't an obvious way forward. Like Iraq under Saddam, you wonder if the comparatively stable, albeit brutal Assad regime might have been preferable to the current disaster.
    Isn't that Putin's position? Let the dictators contain this shit?
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information