Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree996Likes

Thread: Paris shootings and explosions near Stade de France kill 18

Talked to my French relatives and they are considering coming over to their flat in Athens for Christmas..this is a first.They always spent winter holidays in Paris..My cousin is terrified,one son lives downtown and the other just outside but visits daily..The boys are very upset too,younger one was very close to the Bataclan venue and saw some things right after.He is the most keen to come and stay here some..i cant begin to imagine what families of missing people are suffering..
    rollo, Alysheba, Brookie and 2 others like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Just heard the statement of responsibility that concludes stating they will continue to target Paris. The concert was targeted because it was a gathering of adulters.
    Adulterers, as in marital infidelity? Crazy, but yet it's okay for them to molest young boys, while married.

It's good to know attending a concert makes me a cheater. When I go, why do I not feel sexually satisfied or guilty. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    Adulterers, as in marital infidelity? Crazy, but yet it's okay for them to molest young boys, while married.

It's good to know attending a concert makes me a cheater. When I go, why do I not feel sexually satisfied or guilty. hehe
    No, in their backwards way of thinking adulterers are anyone that engages in sex outside of wedlock, cheating is not required. What 'our' religious nuts would call 'fornicators'.
    sluce, sputnik, gas_chick and 1 others like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

A Greek official confirmed that one of the terrorists is a Syrian was registered as a refugee in October. I'm livid. I could kill those who say that the refugees pose absolutely no threat whatsoever...
    HWBL, Sarzy, Belt Up and 6 others like this.

This is what we're going to be talking about when the mullahs nuke us.
    I'm trying to figure out where this statement comes from in the middle of Steyn's jeremiad. The mullahs aren't going to nuke us. It would mean the end of their civilization, full stop, to nuke a country that has, and always will have 100 times the nukes that they ever (prospectively) acquire.

When the Allahu Akbar boys opened fire, Paris was talking about the climate-change conference due to start later this month, when the world's leaders will fly in to "solve" a "problem" that doesn't exist rather than to address the one that does.
    And this - so dumb to conflate the issue of global warming in a discussion of militant Islam. Especially, describing it as a problem that doesn't exist, when it is comprehensively documented.

With his usual killer comedy timing, the "leader of the free world" told George Stephanopoulos on "Good Morning, America" this very morning that he'd "contained" ISIS and that they're not "gaining strength". A few hours later, a cell whose members claim to have been recruited by ISIS slaughtered over 150 people in the heart of Paris and succeeded in getting two suicide bombers and a third bomb to within a few yards of the French president..
    I can't believe that Steyn is dumb enough to not know what Obama meant by containing ISIS. ISIS is a group that bases ALL of their legitimacy on holding and gaining land. Containing them, and then rolling back their territorial gains is a huge blow against them. Terrorist attacks against France are meant to intimidate them and cause them to sit on the sidelines rather than bombing ISIS's asses off in Syria and Iraq.

but at a certain level most of them either wish or are indifferent to the death of the societies in which they live - modern, pluralist, western societies and those "universal values" of which Barack Obama bleats.
    So, while he graciously acknowledges all Muslims don't actively plot our destruction, he manages to imply that most of them are okay with it.

What's their roadmap for fewer "acts of violence" in the years ahead? Or are they riding on a wing and a prayer that they can manage the situation and hold it down to what cynical British civil servants used to call during the Irish "Troubles" "an acceptable level of violence"? In Pakistan and Nigeria, the citizenry are expected to live with the reality that every so often Boko Haram will kick open the door of the schoolhouse and kidnap your daughters for sex-slavery or the Taliban will gun down your kids and behead their teacher in front of the class.
    The irony here is just incredible. Because in America, due to our gun laws, we have an acceptable level of violence where some angry or deranged a-hole can aquire a gun and shoot a teacher in front of a class. Or kill an entire class.
    sputnik, olivia, faithanne and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Are France's borders still closed this morning?
    Dutch TV crews said they were surprised they could just drive into France without any border control........
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    A Greek official confirmed that one of the terrorists is a Syrian was registered as a refugee in October. I'm livid. I could kill those who say that the refugees pose absolutely no threat whatsoever...
    Welcome to the new normal in Europe.

Yep. It was damn obvious this would happen. Very easy for ISIS to slip into Europe with the refugees. Makes me very angry as this will only keep happening now.
    Glad you are ok, LaFolie.
    dowcat, LaFolie, sparkles and 2 others like this.

It's the new Trojan horse. No wood this time but very transparent. Muslims in The Netherlands have taken a stance against the terrorists saying "This is not our religion. These are terrorists and not real muslims. They must be stopped."
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

All those limp wristed liberals who let this happen have blood on their hands as far as I'm concerned.

It was only a matter of time, sadly.
    LaFolie, Sarzy, A*O and 4 others like this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

An actor said we should welcome them all with open arms because among them there could scholars, engineers etc.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    The British leadership is weak and flaccid, also many European countries. And America and Australia for that matter. They just don't get it. So these fanatics will take full advantage and these atrocities will continue to happen.
    The larger problem inside the USA is not with Muslims. We have our own variety of crazy extremist youths with guns or bombs (or even cops with guns) who massacre school children or shoot up movie theaters. US Muslims aren't even a blip on the radar of our violence problem.

The disconnect from reality for US Americans is that no one here will blame the Saudis. Saudi Arabia is a more protected sacred cow than Israel, as far as the media goes. That I'm still informing people that the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi, not Iraqi, and there was no evidence that Saddam was supporting terrorism anywhere and that he actually killed extremists in Iraq, is shocking to me. People here are too invested in their "America always does the right thing!" rhetoric to change. If you show them, step by step, that Saudi Arabia and Islamic extremism in general were the only benefactors of our invasion of Iraq, they will go into convulsions rather entertain that idea.

Saudi Arabia is the financial engine for Islamic Extremism, yet the West protects the Sauds, cozens them, rocks them to sleep at night. That's the shit that makes me sick. Every bellowing imam in London is collecting Saudi money. Every new Sunni mosque in Europe is built with Saudi support. All the training camps in Syria and Iraq have Saudi money funneled in (while Saudi Arabia refused to house any refugees from any conflict and lets Europe absorb them instead, I wonder why.)

My handyman is Muslim. He's a licensed structural engineer who is older but still wants to work. He's wonderful. We talk about religion some and I've asked when he is going on his Haj to Mecca. Never. It took him a while to say why, but he hates the Saudis. He says that he cannot voice that opinion at his mosque, that discussions about world politics there must always avoid Saudi Arabia. Blame Jews, blame the USA, blame Obama, never say shit about Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Truly no safe places in the world anywhere anymore.
    When were there ever? Take heart in the fact that while random violence and armed conflict are always around us, at least we aren't dying in massive plagues and most diseases are now treatable. In some ways, we really are living in the best of times, biologically speaking.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

One of the terrorists was French..that proves nothing.Of course there might be some extremists between the refugees but most of them are just FLEEING the jihandies..sorry but i cannot blame refugees for the killings,though my country suffers the most.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

^But should we welcome every-fucking-one and say "oh, there may be a dozen jihadis among them, never mind them..."?

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Let me ask my European friends, but is Paris an easy target? I say that because I can't see something like this happening in Germany. Mainly because my experience in Germany is that Germans don't fuck around, military/police wise. I could see London get hit before Germany. Is this a correct assessment?
    The French (armed forces & Police "SWAT") are hard bastards & have been at the forfront of bombing ISIS in Syria. They have thousands of troups abroad fighting. We never really hear about this side of the French, but remember the French Foriegn Legjon? Hard, non-French bastards.
    Unfortunately, they also never really assimilated the french-algerians & french-morrocans, I still remember some (white) french-algerians being surprised that we (self & college friends) would mix with them as they were some what ostrisised, even 20 yrs ago.
    Every religion has a sect of radicals. I just returned from Belfast where the peace between Catholics and Protestants is very fragile. The majority has accepted integration but the radicals from both sides still live in communities separated by a wall where the gates are closed at 630 each night for their own protection. Last year right before Christmas a bomb was placed in a car at a large shopping area in central Belfast. The detonator failed to ignite the bomb. The locals all talk about how the peace would have been shattered had the bomb gone off - and that is in the name of Christianity.

And in the name of safety, the US has killed many civilians with drone strikes intended for the terrorists.
    Nearly 90 Percent Of People Killed In Recent Drone Strikes Were Not The Target

ETA - my daughter is living in Belfast right now and this situation puts me on edge, but life goes on.

This morning I woke to the news that US strikes had most likely killed Jihad John and the talking heads of the news said "now our operatives will go silent and listen to the "chatter" to confirm that we got him." The attacks in Paris were clearly planned before we got Jihad John, but did no intelligence from any country picked up chatter about these orchestrated attacks?
    Not many Americans seem to wush to acknowledge the terrorist/freedom-fighters of the IRA who regulary killed innocents.
    The LA Times had a headlibe about europe being under attack as if the IRA, Barda-Meinhoff, Basque Seperatists, etc never existed.
    They are interviewing a sportscaster on 20/20 who was in the press box at the France/Germany soccer game. He is saying they continued to play and finished the game, and then there was confusion when they tried to empty the stadium and announced people should not use certain exits. There were two explosions right near the stadium, but they kept playing???
    See, hard bastards!
    A. Lot of people thought initially that yhe bombs were fire crackers.

Re Interal Movement, there is an agreement called (sp) the Schengan agreement that is all about internal freedom of movement. Hence the check at the port of entry (Iceland) & then "free movement".
    Hope that helps. Its the same for goods too.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    I woke up this morning, the shock has worn away and now the anger sets in. This is how I felt on 9-12. France isn't my home country, but they are an important part of our world and history. They are my extended world brothers and sisters. A note to all those in France... if I had my way, hell and fire would burn and everyone worldwide would be free of this insanity.
    Who's insanity? ISIS? PLO? KKK? Fundy Christians? Those weird anti-gay baptists? West Bank Jews? Jews in general? Neo-Nazis? The Facists of ex-Yugoslavia???
    Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    The larger problem inside the USA is not with Muslims. We have our own variety of crazy extremist youths with guns or bombs (or even cops with guns) who massacre school children or shoot up movie theaters. US Muslims aren't even a blip on the radar of our violence problem.

The disconnect from reality for US Americans is that no one here will blame the Saudis. Saudi Arabia is a more protected sacred cow than Israel, as far as the media goes. That I'm still informing people that the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi, not Iraqi, and there was no evidence that Saddam was supporting terrorism anywhere and that he actually killed extremists in Iraq, is shocking to me. People here are too invested in their "America always does the right thing!" rhetoric to change. If you show them, step by step, that Saudi Arabia and Islamic extremism in general were the only benefactors of our invasion of Iraq, they will go into convulsions rather entertain that idea.

Saudi Arabia is the financial engine for Islamic Extremism, yet the West protects the Sauds, cozens them, rocks them to sleep at night. That's the shit that makes me sick. Every bellowing imam in London is collecting Saudi money. Every new Sunni mosque in Europe is built with Saudi support. All the training camps in Syria and Iraq have Saudi money funneled in (while Saudi Arabia refused to house any refugees from any conflict and lets Europe absorb them instead, I wonder why.)

My handyman is Muslim. He's a licensed structural engineer who is older but still wants to work. He's wonderful. We talk about religion some and I've asked when he is going on his Haj to Mecca. Never. It took him a while to say why, but he hates the Saudis. He says that he cannot voice that opinion at his mosque, that discussions about world politics there must always avoid Saudi Arabia. Blame Jews, blame the USA, blame Obama, never say shit about Saudi Arabia.

When were there ever? Take heart in the fact that while random violence and armed conflict are always around us, at least we aren't dying in massive plagues and most diseases are now treatable. In some ways, we really are living in the best of times, biologically speaking.
    Olivia, great post.
    Unfortunately David Cameron is up the Saudi's arse too & will continue to be while we are SO reliant on them for oil.
    Free Charmed.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information