Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree996Likes

Thread: Paris shootings and explosions near Stade de France kill 18

In the theater alone more than 100 casualties.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

MSNBC reporting 100 people dead inside that concert venue. OMFG.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Weep for Paris. Poor lambs...
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    no religion is a beautiful faith IMO, it's about delusion and control for the most part.
    We shouldn't hate Muslims as a whole but I wish religion and its associated tribalism would die out.
    Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm not religious OR spiritual, and I could still never intentionally cause bodily harm to someone else. If you really need religion to tell you not to be an asshole, that's a problem. And if you can use religion to justify it, you'd probably be an asshole anyway.

Fucking A, now they're saying 100 dead at the concert hall alone. Can you imagine walking into an event, having a good time, and then 100 of your fellow fans are just gone. What. the. fuck.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    For those who want to follow on TV, Brian Williams is anchoring on MSNBC.
    brian williams? does he give his first-hand account of how he was flying overhead and was shot by terrorists?
    sluce, HWBL, nwgirl and 7 others like this.

On my recent trip to Paris my flight went to Iceland first, where we changed planes. In Iceland we were asked long we would be in Europe, and they stamped our passports and sent us to the next flight. We left the secured area and went to another gate for the connecting flight. We near cleared security again. When we landed in Paris we grabbed our bags and left. Shockingly there was no security process after we left Baltimore. When flying home from Dublin, we cleared extensive security at the airport. Our gates was presecreen USA, where we were sent to US customs office in the Dublin airport. Our luggage was searched again, we were scanned again, and our hands were rubbed with special paper. We were interview about what we were brining to the US and then were permitted to board the flight. We were happy to get to clear customs in Dublin so we didn't have to do it when we landed late in NYC.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

A*O

They are usually uneducated, unemployed, disenfranchised losers with no future or aspirations so of course they are easily recruited as "glorious martyrs" for Allah and their promised reward of 72 virgins in Paradise, a very tempting offer as most of these young men have never had any social contact with a woman, let alone sex. Human, especially "infidel" life isn't sacred to these savages. It's a 7th century mindset which won't change because Islam still operates with that same 7th century barbarian mindset and moral values.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    brian williams? does he give his first-hand account of how he was flying overhead and was shot by terrorists?
    Just no.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    They are usually uneducated, unemployed, disenfranchised losers with no future or aspirations so of course they are easily recruited as "glorious martyrs" for Allah and their promised reward of 72 virgins in Paradise, a very tempting offer as most of these young men have never had any social contact with a woman, let alone sex. Human, especially "infidel" life isn't sacred to these savages. It's a 7th century mindset which won't change because Islam still operates with that same 7th century barbarian mindset and moral values.
    I have no doubt that if Christianity was truly under attack (not this faux War on Christmas bullshit), some number of fundies would sign right up to do the same thing. I really wish these people would join the rest of us in the 21st century. It's quite nice, minus the muslim equivalent of Cletus the Slackjawed Yokel waging holy war on the modern world.

The 21st century would nicer in the US too if religious fanatics didn't burn black churches, and synagogues, in the name of their God. I am not a fan of organized religion but respect the right of others to worship freely. I am not a fan at all of the chicken little mentality.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    The 21st century would nicer in the US too if religious fanatics didn't burn black churches, and synagogues, in the name of their God. I am not a fan of organized religion but respect the right of others to worship freely. I am not a fan at all of the chicken little mentality.
    Agreed. And I really don't think any of it is truly in the name of God. It's an excuse to lash out at people who are different, in whatever way pisses one off at the moment.
    sluce, Snarker and Clubber Lang like this.

Amen, Stella.

Has anyone heard the name of the band playing at the concert? They keep saying it was an American band. I cannot access the venue website.

Elite Member

It was Eagles of Death Metal. I'm not familiar with their work, but Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age plays with them. The band is reportedly safe, although they haven't located all of the crew yet.
    sluce likes this.

118 are now "confirmed" dead.

- Mark Twain

czb

^^^ eagles of death metal.

never heard of 'em, but maybe some of the young'ns here know them.

Dozens dead, hostages held in spate of violence in Paris | MSNBC

eta: @ sluce but stella beat me to it!

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information