Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree996Likes

Thread: Paris shootings and explosions near Stade de France kill 18

^^^ also because, like it or not, such violence and loss of life is viewed as much more common and par-for-the-course in the Middle East etc. than in Western democratic nations.
    sluce, Sarzy, sputnik and 4 others like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

“Everybody’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s a really easy way: stop participating in it.”

Noam Chumsky (link for reference
    -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPj89C7bzO0)

It's horrible what's happened, but the West shouldn't be surprised that our actions have effects, and that the effects can turn on us.

Old Noam isn't tracing the "actions" back far enough....

I find it incredible that the people blaming Muslims in general for all these things - the ones scared to take in Syrian refugees and saying that all this points at a problem with Islam in general - seem to live in a parallel universe where 99.99% of victims of terrorism aren't Muslims.
    What happened in Paris is sadly commonplace in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, the list goes on. Do you think people in this part of the world like having entire schools full of children massacred (Pakistan last year), marketplaces blown up (Baghdad this year), peaceful protests turned to bloodbaths (turkey this year), and residential neighbourhoods blown up in a city that hadn't seen an attack like this in over 25 years (Beirut, last week)? Not to mention Boko Haram's horrific enslavement and massacre of girls, IS' massacre (and probable genocide) of the Yazidi...

not or only do their lives not matter, when the west does take notice (like after the Paris attacks), they want them to show everyone that they're not like the terrorists, then they proceed to ignore the many condemnations and accuse them of being indifferent to the suffering of poor white people who aren't used to acts of terror that are all too common in other parts of the world. and you start getting the inevitable, disingenuous "why aren't moderate Muslims condemning terrorism?" questions. It's not just media bias, people wilfully ignore the social media campaigns like "not in my name", the many condemnations, not to mention the millions of people fleeing terror in their countries to seek safety in other countries. Do you want to know how moderate Muslims feel about terrorism? Why don't you ask all the people who have lost relatives and loved ones in any one of the terror attacks I mentioned? See how they feel about IS blowing up the people they loved. Why don't you ask the relatives of the many french Muslims who were themselves victims of the Paris attacks.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

And where do they think the Syrian refugees are going to go? Home?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    ^^^ also because, like it or not, such violence and loss of life is viewed as much more common and par-for-the-course in the Middle East etc. than in Western democratic nations.
    True. People get desensitised to it as it goes on so much in the middle east. It's more of a shock when it happens in Western countries. But i do think there's a lot more to it than that.

It's ironic, considering the annual gun deaths here in the US. But hey, we all like the smell of our own farts
    sluce, OrangeSlice, olivia and 2 others like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Washington Post had an article (yesterday, I think) saying that terrorists get a lot of weapons from us. And that the NRA has fought vehemently to prevent people on terrorist watch lists from having their right to purchase guns taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Because due process. What the fuck, people? They're not "human right laws", they're the basic tenets of democracy and a fair judicial system. You know, the little things that separate western democracies from, say, North Korea. If you want to give that up then you might as well surrender to IS and let them take over.
    You are right. I am sorry. I was stupid to make statements like this. I truly believe in Human rights, it is what separates us from them!

I used the wrong translation. It has nothing to do with the International Human laws. What I meant was that Europe needs a law like The anti terrorism Act . Although I think the Act goes a little too far but Europe needs a toned down version of this.

Maybe because my motherland (Belgium) has been in the news the last few days as THE place for the terrorist and when I visited my friends and family last month, they were really pessimistic about how Belgium is handling this.

I just think the laws on self proclaimed jihadist should be made a lot more severe.

How can this guy (and there are 100 more they know of) be protected by a law

Abdelhamid Abaaoud (born in Sint-Jans-Molenbeek) is an Islamic terrorist from Belgium suspected of organizing the thwarted 2015 Thalys train attack and other plots in Belgium and France.[1] He is in his late 20's.[2] Abaaoud also goes by the name Abou Omar Soussi and Abou Omar el-Beljiki.[3]
    n 2014, independent journalists Etienne Huver and Guillaume Lhotellier visited the Turkey-Syria border where they obtained photos and video of Abaaoud's time in Syria. One portion of this material showed Abaaoud and others loading bloody corpses into a truck and trailer before Abaaoud grinned and told the camera: "Before we towed jet skis, motorcycles, quad bikes, big trailers filled with gifts for vacation in Morocco. Now, thank God, following God's path, we're towing apostates, infidels who are fighting us.

and roam the streets freely.

These Jihadist get FREE housing and an minimal 'unemployment income (about $1000 a month) from the Belgium government.
    I am by no means against poor unemployed people getting that but the moment guys make comments like Abaaoud (and there are 100's more like him) is when the country needs to step in to protect the rest.
    Last edited by kasippu; November 17th, 2015 at 10:41 AM.
    sputnik, LaFolie, olivia and 2 others like this.

"Before we towed jet skis, motorcycles, quad bikes, big trailers filled with gifts for vacation in Morocco. Now, thank God, following God's path, we're towing apostates, infidels who are fighting us.
    What a world we live in where going from towing jet skis and quad bikes on vaction, to towing dead bodies of your murder victims is considered getting your act together.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    And where do they think the Syrian refugees are going to go? Home?

I look at this and think of all the homes destroyed in the past that has since rebuilt. Took time but it can be done.
    That is my hope for the currrent suffering.

There HAS to be a way to help the innocents and stop the terror.
    Notice the words I used? I'm not labeling. There's so much finger pointing I am sick of it.
    It really is this black and white to me. Innocents versus terrorists.
    I've said when I first noticed the fleeing, help not the people but their country.
    I couldn't believe that so many were talking about the people, all alarmed that they were coming into their countries but (especially leaders) saying and doing nothing about the terror itself..............until now, that it's hit close to home (Paris). My first thought was "NOW you notice??!!"

I'm so glad I had seen a movie "My name is Khan" which stuck in mind. It taught me the difference rather than making a blanket assumption.
    To blame muslims is like blaming christians for the idoicy of the Westboro baptist church.
    Because the terrorists are extremists using religion as a basis for their acts just as the WBC does, I honestly believe that if the world band together with muslims, it will show these terrorists the power of good people. WE are the good guys, not them!
    Meanwhile,
    I am SO SO sorry to anyone who had/have to endure fear, injury, and/or loss during this horrific time in our world.

There MUST be way to stop the terrorists and not wait a minute longer or another innocent is lost. imho
    sluce and olivia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    What a world we live in where going from towing jet skis and quad bikes on vaction, to towing dead bodies of your murder victims is considered getting your act together.

Seriously, in Belgium we have a more then a dozen of them. We (well the Belgians) know their names, heard the stories, yet the government cannot do anything.

Jejoen Bontinck at his home in Antwerp, in December, 2014. The Belgian authorities who interrogated him emerged with a portrait of the radical Islamist recruitment process.

Same guy roaming the streets FREE with his lawyer. funny fact (or maybe not) he did go to jail, not because of his fighting in Syria with ISIS NOOOOOO, He beat up his girlfriend.

if you interested the link to an English article about Jeroen and a lot of others. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...urney-to-jihad

Last edited by kasippu; November 17th, 2015 at 11:41 AM.
    panic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Washington Post had an article (yesterday, I think) saying that terrorists get a lot of weapons from us. And that the NRA has fought vehemently to prevent people on terrorist watch lists from having their right to purchase guns taken away.

International arms transfers

According to research institute, SIPRI, the volume of international transfers of major weapons in 2010–14 was 16 per cent higher than in 2005–2009. The five biggest exporters in 2010–14 were the United States, Russia, China, Germany and France, and the five biggest importers were India, Saudi Arabia, China, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Pakistan. The flow of arms to Africa, the Americas, Asia and Oceania, and the Middle East increased significantly between 2005–2009 and 2010–14, while there was a notable decrease in the flow to Europe.[4]

SIPRI has identified 60 countries as exporters of major weapons in 2010–14. The top 5 exporters during the period were responsible for almost 74 per cent of all arms exports. The composition of the five largest exporters of arms changed between 2005–2009 and 2010–14: while the USA and Russia remained by far the largest exporters, China narrowly, but notably, replaced Germany as the third largest exporter, and the United Kingdom dropped outside the top 5. The top 5 exported 14 per cent more arms in 2010–14 than the top 5 in 2005–2009.[4]
    In 2010–14, 153 countries (about three-quarters of all countries) imported major weapons. The top 5 recipients accounted for 33 per cent of the total arms imports during the period (see table 2). India, China and the UAE were among the top 5 importers in both 2005–2009 and 2010–14. Asia and Oceania accounted for nearly half of imports in 2010–14, followed by the Middle East, Europe, the Americas and Africa (see figure 3). SIPRI also identified seven groups of rebel forces as importers of major weapons in 2010–14, but none of them accounted for more than 0.02 per cent of total deliveries.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_i...arms_transfers
    sluce, olivia and panic like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    If my son chose to join the military then obviously I'd hate for him to be deployed into a war zone but, err, that's what the military may be called on to do? It's their job. If he's prepared to fight for his country and it was his informed decision (conscription is a different matter) to sign up then I'd have to respect that decision, risks and all. The fact I wouldn't sleep a wink every night is my problem.

And why is it always the US that has to do it? Send your own soldiers. You don't have a leg to stand on to tell Americans what to do with their troops. If you want that right then start paying taxes here.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I am fed up with being the international military.
    greysfang, SHELLEE, czb and 6 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information