Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree996Likes

Thread: Paris shootings and explosions near Stade de France kill 18

I teach in a high school. One of my fellow English teachers nearly lost his daughter. And a student in a class I don't teach has lost his father...

A*O

Estimated % Muslim population in major European cities. Excluding the 4+ million new arrivals from Syria and surrounding region. And countless more illegals nobody knows about.

Amsterdam Netherlands 14% - 24%
    Antwerp Belgium 16.9%
    Berlin Germany 6% - 9%
    Birmingham UK 14.3% - 26.9%
    Blackburn UK 28.4%
    Bradford UK 15% - 32.4%
    Brussels Belgium 15% - 25.5%
    Cologne Germany 12%
    Copenhagen Denmark 10%
    Frankfurt Germany 11.8%
    Haskovo Bulgaria 20%
    Leicester UK 18.6%
    London UK 8.3% - 13.1%
    Luton UK 24.6%
    Malmö Sweden 20%
    Manchester UK 15.8%
    Marseille France 20% - 35%
    Milan Italy 7% - 10%
    Paris France 10-15% in metro area
    Rotterdam Netherlands 13% -25%
    Roubaix France 20%
    Slough UK 23.3%
    Stockholm Sweden 20%
    The Hague Netherlands 14.2%
    Utrecht Netherlands 13.2%
    Vienna Austria 8% - 10%
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Nuking Syria isnt going to help, and even Putin isn't going to. The very idea is ridiculous. For numerous reasons. And Putin, who has become the western right's new hero, hasn't even focused on DAESH, his bombings have been mainly targeting other rebel groups.

You’re never going to stop DAESH by nuking them. Never. All that will do is help their recruitment. Cut off the money. Keep rolling them back with airstrikes. But be realistic, troops on the ground will be needed. Western or otherwise.

Iran isn't going to help DAESH, that Sunni/Shia hatred runs deep, as deep as their hatred of the west. Maybe deeper, because there's no feud like a 'family' feud. The Iranians are in the fight against them, and have been for quite a while.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Silver Member

>Islam needs a Reformation and Enlightenment to bring it kicking and screaming away from the 7th century and into the 21st. The fractured "leadership" can do that if they choose to but it doesn't suit their agenda of world jihad and submission to Allah. Even the new multiculti politically progressive lefty pope says this is the start of WW3. Everyone always thought that the world would destroy itself over Left/Right political ideology and yet here we are facing a war based on our old friend religion.<

i so agree. I also think one of these crazy groups will decide to bomb or nuke Mecca someday, maybe then the rest of the Muslim world will wake the f*{k up and have that reformation. But I won't hold my breath. And I also agree that Saudi Arbia has a LOT to do with all this turmoil in the past several decades.

A*O

Yeah, I suppose Iran would prefer to wipe Israel off the map instead.

I know I'm coming across as very hawkish right wing nut job here and admit that I fall on that side of the fence rather than the appeasing kumbaya peacenik stance. But I'm very concerned at the inertia and naive complacency being shown by the media, some world leaders and the twitterati until something like this inevitably happens and then the anguished handwringing and cries of "why?" starts up yet again. All very worthy but it doesn't help. They are laughing at the Infidels and their stupid FB photo filters and candlelit vigils and next time it happens maybe one of these savages will turn up with a candle in one hand and a stick of Semtex in the other. I'm not joking or being facetious, that's the real tragedy.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    So nuke 'em. No "boots on the ground" necessary. Obama doesn't have the balls to do it, but I bet Putin does, especially after the recent bomb on a civilian Russian aircraft over Egypt.
    LOL wut? Come on, a*o.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Nuking Syria isnt going to help, and even Putin isn't going to. The very idea is ridiculous. For numerous reasons. And Putin, who has become the western right's new hero, hasn't even focused on DAESH, his bombings have been mainly targeting other rebel groups.

You’re never going to stop DAESH by nuking them. Never. All that will do is help their recruitment. Cut off the money. Keep rolling them back with airstrikes. But be realistic, troops on the ground will be needed. Western or otherwise.

Iran isn't going to help DAESH, that Sunni/Shia hatred runs deep, as deep as their hatred of the west. Maybe deeper, because there's no feud like a 'family' feud. The Iranians are in the fight against them, and have been for quite a while.
    this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

TYSM for saying this. If we, the West, treats all Islam like it's the same entity then we will lose, big time. Iran is fighting against ISIS. It is the only ME country that has set up it's own refugee camps for people fleeing Syria and Iraq. None of the hugely wealthy Arab states are doing a damn thing for refugees.

Iran will not join a coalition of Western and/or Chinese forces. But we cannot deny that they have a clear, vested interest in shutting down ISIS as well. Iran considers itself a civilization capable of controlling it's assets, like nuclear material, just as well as any Western country. Why not give them the chance to be at least as good as Russia in containing and negotiating their own nuclear treaties? It can only benefit us and the whole West to treat Iran as the different ME country that they are trying to become. That's why the treaty with Iran was incredibly important. They will never be our best allies, but they do share our interests.

We must stop fear mongering over Iran. They didn't bomb our buildings or boats or stadiums. They never attacked us with their air power (which is considerable) or threatened us with their weapons. They have NEVER shared intel or weapons with Sunni Islamic extremists to use against us. Under those conditions, Iran has to be treated with respect. They obviously don't want war with anyone and haven't engaged in any military efforts since the Iran-Iraq war. Frankly, I think they are the country in the ME with the least aggressive rhetoric and that doesn't glorify conflict and war as a sacred duty. Iran is not perfect, but they are the a hell of a lot better than the alternatives, and we need a safe spot right now in that region.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

A*O

I know nuking them isn't an option and it won't happen. But dropping a mimsy 20 bombs on an IS stronghold isn't really an adequate response either. If this was a straightforward inter-Muslim Shia/Sunni clusterfuck I'd say let them get on with it. They've been at each other's throats (literally) for centuries. But their agenda involves the submission and conversion of the infidel West, not just Christians, any non-Muslim is considered fair game. And the puppet masters are indeed America's BFF the Saudis who have just as much blood on their hands as Jamal the Jihadi suicide bomber.

Iran may not be the biggest bad guy but their anti Israel rhetoric is pretty unequivocal. They want Israel wiped off the map. There's a lot of anti semitism in this toxic mess too.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think the plan was as deutsche explained. but i think they always knew that security not letting them in was a possibility so they blew themselves up anyway because any kind of explosion at an iconic place like the stade de france (with the president in attendance to boot) would cause a major distraction from the other attacks in the city. it wasn't dumb at all imo.
    where the french were very smart was in letting the game go on despite the blasts and i'm pretty sure they jammed cell phone reception in the stadium too because people reported that they couldn't text or receive messages and didn't start to find out about what was going on until late in the second half when the game was almost over. very smart move on behalf of french security, it avoided mass chaos.
    Cell service is dropped as standard & the emergency services have special coverage in these situations.
    Think bombs triggered by electronic detenators or phones.
    Estimated % Muslim population in major European cities. Excluding the 4+ million new arrivals from Syria and surrounding region. And countless more illegals nobody knows about.

Amsterdam Netherlands 14% - 24%
    Antwerp Belgium 16.9%
    Berlin Germany 6% - 9%
    Birmingham UK 14.3% - 26.9%
    Blackburn UK 28.4%
    Bradford UK 15% - 32.4%
    Brussels Belgium 15% - 25.5%
    Cologne Germany 12%
    Copenhagen Denmark 10%
    Frankfurt Germany 11.8%
    Haskovo Bulgaria 20%
    Leicester UK 18.6%
    London UK 8.3% - 13.1%
    Luton UK 24.6%
    Malmö Sweden 20%
    Manchester UK 15.8%
    Marseille France 20% - 35%
    Milan Italy 7% - 10%
    Paris France 10-15% in metro area
    Rotterdam Netherlands 13% -25%
    Roubaix France 20%
    Slough UK 23.3%
    Stockholm Sweden 20%
    The Hague Netherlands 14.2%
    Utrecht Netherlands 13.2%
    Vienna Austria 8% - 10%
    The muslim population in those british cities go back 4+ generations so I am really not getting your poibt.
    Plus, as we all know, not all Muslims are ISIS or its supporters......

This.

Another reason why the US should NEVER have gone into Afganistan, but never let it be said that they are willing to learn from the brutst (19C) and Russia (20C).
    Free Charmed.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

The muslim population in those british cities go back 4+ generations so I am really not getting your poibt.
    Plus, as we all know, not all Muslims are ISIS or its supporters......

A 4th generation radicalised jihadi is just as lethal as a new arrival from the Middle East. Maybe more so as they can hide in plain sight with a British, French, German, etc citizenship and passport. The two barbarians who tried to hack off soldier Lee Rigby's head outside the Woolwich barracks are British born and bred.

Of course not all Muslims are IS supporters and I wish these people would stand up to be counted, except they don't dare. But all of IS is Muslim.
    Dame Edna Everage

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I may not agree with everyone but I learned a few things from your responses.

I'm reluctant to post this because I generally don't want to invite the typical anti-Catholic comments. However, their call for action stunned me.

VATICAN CITY — Vatican spokesman Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ, has issued a first statement in response to Friday evening’s terrorist attacks at six locations in Paris, which have left an estimated 160 people dead and a possible 100 additional people injured. Five attackers are also reported dead.

Fr. Lombardi’s statement came at 2am Saturday morning Rome-time and reads as follows:

“At the Vatican we are following the terrible news from Paris. We are shocked by this new manifestation of maddening terrorist violence and hatred which we condemn in the most radical way, together with the pope and all those who love peace. We pray for the victims and the wounded, and for all the French people. This is an attack on the peace of all mankind which requires a decisive and supportive response by all of us to counter the spread of homicidal hatred in all of its forms.”
    Flygirl, Kathie_Moffett and Froogy like this.

Elite Member

I know nuking them isn't an option and it won't happen. But dropping a mimsy 20 bombs on an IS stronghold isn't really an adequate response either. If this was a straightforward inter-Muslim Shia/Sunni clusterfuck I'd say let them get on with it. They've been at each other's throats (literally) for centuries. But their agenda involves the submission and conversion of the infidel West, not just Christians, any non-Muslim is considered fair game. And the puppet masters are indeed America's BFF the Saudis who have just as much blood on their hands as Jamal the Jihadi suicide bomber.
    Except we've tried that, over and over again, in Middle East - let the various sects, divisions and tribes duke it out, feed our favorites horrible weapons to use as they please. And everyone only hates The West even more and blames us for every single act of violence they perpetrate on each other in the ME.

We need to get the hell off Saudi oil. Completely. If our politicians in the USA weren't so stubbornly resistant to public oil companies in Venezuela, it could happen overnight here. I'm not saying that Venezuela is a great country to deal with and isn't thoroughly corrupt, but it's a damn sight better than Saudi Arabia. We need to develop alternatives to oil, and fast. Our addictions to plastics derived from oil, from canned foods to clothing, is over the top. It's so unhealthy, politically and environmentally.

Then we would be in a position to abandon Saudi Arabia to it's fate as a broken corrupt country will no military power or working social order. They have been terrible allies, our enemies are causing us less damage than Saudi Arabia.

Iran may not be the biggest bad guy but their anti Israel rhetoric is pretty unequivocal. They want Israel wiped off the map. There's a lot of anti semitism in this toxic mess too.
    Israel has systematically killed off Irani scientists, names that were given to the USA as a part of the first nuclear talks. Israel somehow got those names. The Israel of Netanyahu isn't our best friend. That could change. But right now, I think overriding Israel and ignoring their saber rattling ("Hitler killed Jews because...Arabs!") is a very good idea. They need a massive return to sanity. Until they do, treat them like an afterthought especially after Bebe decided to speak in our Congress like he was a Republican representative in our government. We can make our own treaties with whomever we please without Israel's permission.

As an aside, Israel has never revealed it's nuclear capability or it's scope. It refuses to allow international oversight. At this point, Iran is far more compliant with the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty than Israel, who refuses to participate - along with Pakistan, North Korea and India. I understand why Israel refuses to comply, but it made signing a treaty with Iran much easier. Israel can't have it both ways.

A 4th generation radicalised jihadi is just as lethal as a new arrival from the Middle East. Maybe more so as they can hide in plain sight with a British, French, German, etc citizenship and passport. The two barbarians who tried to hack off soldier Lee Rigby's head outside the Woolwich barracks are British born and bred.

Of course not all Muslims are IS supporters and I wish these people would stand up to be counted, except they don't dare. But all of IS is Muslim.
    Great Britain is in a hell of a mess. I like the YouTube videos of Pat Condell. I'm sympathetic with his fury (it helps that he is hilarious as well.)

I couldn't believe it when I heard about some largely Muslim town or neighborhood demanding that dogs, photos of dogs, ads with dogs must be eliminated from their area...and the UK complied. WTF??? Why was this ignored? If I was a young Brit, I'd start slapping puppy photos all over that place at night. I'd mass mail the whole town postcards of retrievers. I'd Banksy the biggest dog portrait on the highest building in the area, an ugly slobbering hound of retribution.

These weren't extremist Muslims who demanded this. They were average Muslims who love pushing the Euros around. They don't help separate themselves from extremist by making demands like that...and much worse. All children must learn how to swim in Germany. Oh no! Muslim girls aren't allowed to swim even for their own saftey (I guess male juice could be in the water or something.) Did the Muslims rent their own swimming pool to guarentee the separation of boys and girls? Of course not. They just loved creating the problem and demanding special treatment. It's those religious demands that cause a lot of us to put them in the same catagory as terrorists. It feels like another prong in the effort to turn all of Europe Muslim.

If these 3rd of 4th generation Muslims want to be purely Islamic, there are about a dozen countries they can move to to practice all the "wonderful" aspects of perfect Islam. So go and make a life there if The West is too dirty for the pure Muslim soul. Then leave the rest of us the hell alone. But no, they love the healthcare and the regular food and the money. So comply, fuckers.

Would they really rather deal with the Chinese or the Russians or Mexicans, who think inalienable human rights are flexible if they exist at all? Because if Muslims really destroy the cultures and secular freedoms of Europe, the USA and Canada, THOSE will be the folks they have to deal with next. What Islam has to watch out for is if they push the West into making allies with other countries who are not very concerned with any Muslim communities or their religious piety.
    A*O, LaFolie, Slushie and 10 others like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

A*O

Pat Condell really does tell it like it is, and very eloquently. Watch his recent piece about Sweden and the daily rapes of women and girls carried out by gangs of deranged Middle Eastern men while the authorities do little or nothing and the media doesn't report it. I think he speaks for a great many Brits who feel betrayed by their sooky lala politicians who are too cowed and afraid to stand up to a vocal religious minority (only just a minority in some places). The most common boys name registered in the UK for the last year or so is Mohammed. Many local councils are controlled by Muslims and/or their supporters/apologists so special dispensations or rules apply to "respect" Muslim customs and beliefs. The word "Christmas" is actively banned in many schools and isn't acknowledged or celebrated in public for fear of "offending" delicate Muslim sensibilities.

Here in Oz local public swimming pools are closed for "Muslim Women Only" sessions. No other religious group is given the same special treatment. The nominal leader of Australian Muslims, the Grand Mufti - who despite living here for 20 years still doesn't speak a word of English - has issued a press release saying the events in Paris are a direct result of the West's persecution of Islam. More Muslim victimology.
    olivia, LaFolie, Belt Up and 4 others like this.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    Are guns legal in France? I can't find a definitive answer on the googels.
    No!! and scum of the earth Trumps uses that. What if it was legal then the people could have defended themselves. DOES this guy live in a spaghetti western???

In reply to the muslim situation, Most Muslims HATE ISIS and are themselves a victim of them.
    A month ago Europe was under scrutiny when countries started closing the border, now they should have closed them sooner.

Actually to quote Putin (I cannot cannot believe I will quote Putin and even agree with him as he is a nutter but this one he got right.)

Then I HATE HATE HATE #prayforparis, as it is praying that started this mess in the first place. Religion was and always have been dangerous because you will have those who always take it to a higher level. We had the crusades in the Middle ages, so christianity is not of the hook, Buddhist have their fair share warfare. All in the name of God! Well if God is this good and he wants all his children to be happy why are we in this bloody religion wars?
    olivia, A*O, Sarzy and 5 others like this.

^ Oh I hate that too. This was a Charlie Hebdo cartoon

Kittylady, joebob, sputnik and 5 others like this.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information