Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree426Likes

Thread: Oscar Pistorius "Trial Of The Century" Starts Today

Quote Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
    Nor is continuously lying about how it happened instead of coming clean.
    Only a complete idiot would come clean in a trial with a scenario that can be played the way this one can, and no competent defense attorney would allow their client to do so.
    KrisNine and stef like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If everyone would just come clean, there would never be a need for a trial.

A*O

Come clean about what? The prosecution says it was cold blooded murder, he says it was a tragic accident. He's not on trial for being a controlling, arrogant douche with a temper and a hardon for guns, although that was probably a contributory factor to what happened.

I think they had a big fight (screaming and shouting heard by witnesses), she knew he was capable of violence so ran to lock herself in the bathroom until he calmed down. She didn't bank on him grabbing one of his many guns, nor that he would start shooting in a fit of crazy anger. I don't buy his Burgler Story for one second: he knew damn well she was in there. He therefore knew who he was shooting 4 catastrophic "zombie stopper" bullets at in a very confined space. To me, that's murder but there are enough extenuating circumstances raise questions about his intent. I don't envy that judge.
    arie_skop likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

No. That judge is going to get bashed no matter what she rules.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I agree with A*O's scenario. They fought, she stormed into the bathroom to get away from him or just because she was pissed off and wanted some space. I can see him demanding she open the door, she refuses, he starts shooting it up.

He murdered her.
    Last edited by CornFlakegrl; April 11th, 2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typo
    HWBL, BITTER, rollo and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Only a complete idiot would come clean in a trial with a scenario that can be played the way this one can, and no competent defense attorney would allow their client to do so.
    I know that, but my point was that having him keep up the pretense of the intruder story (which is probably untrue) and lying in court could be preying on his mind as well as the guilt of having killed Reeva.

I am not sure any of us understand the South African mind set as far as intruders. Luckily the Judge will have a better grasp.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

fgg

Oscar Pistorius’s 19-year-old girlfriend ‘helps support him’ through murder trial

For most of this week, Oscar Pistorius has been testifying on his own behalf in the murder trial of Reeva Steenkamp. South Africa has that weird court thing where you can’t see video of the person testifying, but you can hear a live feed of their testimony. I’ve been paying attention to the coverage sporadically, because (as you may remember) I’ve already made up my mind about this case and I get sick to my stomach whenever Pistorius turns on the waterworks or chokes up with emotion. Do I believe he’s sorry about what went down that night? Sure. But I believe he’s mostly sorry for himself, and I still think he’s lying his ass off.

The basics of Oscar’s testimony: Oscar’s story about what went down the night of Reeva’s death/murder has barely changed. His defense is still that he was disoriented, grabbed his gun and shot like crazy through the bathroom door and only realized afterwards that Reeva was not in bed with him. But… Oscar’s story about his romance with Reeva started to fall apart when the prosecutor really went after him about Reeva’s texts, which detail a very dysfunctional relationship with a violently jealous narcissist. You can read some coverage here.

But really, I wanted to talk about this detail that I only learned of recently, but it’s apparently gotten wide coverage in the past two weeks. Oscar already has a new girlfriend. And she’s 19 years old. Because of course.

Olympic star Oscar Pistorius is on trial for allegedly murdering his girlfriend – but that hasn’t stopped South Africa’s infamous “Blade Runner” from finding a new 19-year-old sweetheart! Incredibly, The ENQUIRER has learned the teen beauty’s family approves of the relationship.

The 27-year-old double amputee, who gained international fame after competing in the London 2012 Olympics on prosthetic legs, met his new squeeze, Leah Skye Malan, in December.

Pistorius was free on bail after being charged with murdering model Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine’s Day last year. But Leah, a University of Johannesburg paramedic student, doesn’t seem fazed by the scandal.

“She’s helped support him through this difficult time and has introduced him to all her family,” said a source. “They have embraced him.”

Sources say Pistorius spends a lot of time at Leah’s apartment, and on weekends the two often visit her parents, Beverley-Ann and Andre, at their small farm in Potchefstoom, about two hours from Johannesburg.

“Leah’s parents, especially her dad, treat Oscar like a son,” the friend continued. “He’s able to relax in their company and be himself.”

That might seem unnerving to some, considering that Pistorius admits shooting Reeva to death through the bathroom door in his bedroom, claiming to have mistaken her for an intruder. And, ominously, just three weeks earlier, Reeva had sent him text messages saying she was afraid of him.

“To be Oscar’s girlfriend after what happened is like playing Russian roulette with five of the six chambers loaded,” said an insider. “I don’t know how Leah can get a good night’s sleep under the same roof with Oscar.”

[From The National Enquirer]

According to other reports, Oscar and Leah met in December (ten months after he killed Reeva) and when they go out, he “wears disguises.” There are even some reports that Leah has been in the courtroom a few times these past few weeks. My God. Just FYI: Oscar is 27 years old. When you were 19 years old, would your parents have been cool with you dating a 27 year old on trial for murdering his previous girlfriend?!!?!?!? NO I’M REALLY ASKING.

Cele|bitchy | Oscar Pistorius’s 19-year-old girlfriend ‘helps support him’ through murder trial
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Wow. Her parents must be nuts. Either way this happened,it did happen.

Hey, he's famous. Wouldn't want to let a little thing like murder get in the way of their daughter's 15 minutes.
    Kittylady likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Reeva SteenKamp's Sister Describes Oscar Pistorius as a 'Disgusting Liar'

By Priya Joshi | IB Times 9 hours ago

• View PhotoReeva SteenKamp's Sister Describes Oscar Pistorius as a 'Disgusting Liar

Reeva Steenkamp's sister Simone Steenkamp has described Oscar Pistorius as "a disgusting liar."
    29-year-old model Reeva was shot four times by the athlete in the apartment they shared, on Valentines night in 2013. Pistorius, who now stands trial charged with her murder, has claimed the shooting was an accident after he mistook Reeva for an intruder.
    In an interview with The Mail on Sunday, Simone Steenkamp said that after seeing the athlete in court, she and her family are certain he is putting on a performance in a bid to evade a life sentence.
    The 27-year-old sports star has been seen breaking down and retching as graphic details of the tragic killing of his girlfriend were recounted in court.

By comparison, Reeva's grieving mother June Steenkamp, sitting just a few feet away from the accused, has displayed a dignified silence while listening to his testimony.
    Simone Steenkamp, 48, who was living in the UK prior to her sister's death, returned to South Africa to live with her parents. Unable to face the daily ordeal of the trial, she remains at the family home in Port Elizabeth caring for her father, who suffered a stroke brought on by grief.
    She revealed that while the family had originally been prepared to offer forgiveness for Pistorius, his arrogance and his lies have left them enraged.
    "He is trying to convince the court that they were really close and that he cared for her. It's not true. He is a disgusting liar," she said. "I wouldn't be able to control my feelings. I would be sobbing, distraught and angry listening to his continuing lies."

On seeing him for the first time during the preliminary hearings she said: "It was so scary. My heart stopped as he walked past, ignoring us. Then he sat in the dock, smirking. He killed my sister and yet he still seems to be enjoying his celebrity status. I don't understand how anyone could commit that act kill someone and behave like that."
    Simone said she did not believe Pistorius's claim that Reeva did not scream when she was shot or that he did not hear her.

"I believe that she was screaming and that he knew it was her he was shooting. I believe they were arguing and that he is an insecure, unpredictable man who might have been thinking he couldn't live without her if the row ended badly. So he picked up his gun and shot her in a fit of rage, and now he is lying his head off in the witness box, saying that Reeva didn't scream to let him know she was behind the toilet door.
    "Our Reeva was very vocal, very assertive. She would have screamed. I know she would ... she didn't hold back."
    Reeva met Pistorius in Johannesburg in November 2012 and became his girlfriend. The couple had only been together for four months before she was killed.
    Simone said that her family have been astonished at Pistorius's claims that he and Reeva were planning to move in together.

"She told my mother everything. Why wouldn't she tell her that?" said Simone. "Reeva had only been going out with Pistorius for a short time. Living in England, I didn't even know she was in a relationship with him that's how new it all was."

Simone revealed that the support they have received from the public has been a source of some comfort as they come to terms with their loss.
    "'I'm so grateful for the support and sharing of grief that comes to us from local people and others all over the world. It's what keeps Reeva's memory alive," she said. "It helps to know other people really care. Their kind words help so much."
    "We will never really know why he did it, why he destroyed her life and his own. Nothing will ever be the same for his family or ours, we know that. But now we want it to be over. We'll be so glad when it's over."
    She revealed that the family plan to open a shelter in Reeva's memory for women who are victims of domestic abuse.
    "My sister's death has been our first experience of domestic violence and we have since learned that four women are killed every day like that in South Africa. We are going to provide help and support in a practical way, give women somewhere safe to run to when they are in danger.'
    Simone says that, despite her anger towards Pistorius, she has no bitterness towards his relatives.
    "Our hearts go out to Aimee and Carl, Pistorius's brother and sister, who sit in court every day. They clearly idolised him and I can see they are falling to bits. They didn't kill my sister. I feel nothing but sympathy for them. His family is destroyed just as ours is."
    The trial continues.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/reeva-stee...1.html#ROu5cui

The other day as I was listening to his testimony, and I decided he was guilty. Here is the reason why I believe this. I live with just my husband. We have no small children in the house. When I go to the bathroom, I close the door but I don't lock it. Why would I? There is only me and my husband in the house. He isn't coming in if the door is closed with the light on inside. They also lived with just two adults in the house. So, Reeva is in the toilet in the early hours of the morning. I don't believe that she would get up at 3 am to use the toilet and lock the door behind her. I think they were arguing and she ran to the toilet and locked the door because she was scared. In a fit of rage, he attempts to open the door and finds it locked. He grabs his gun and starts shooting through the door because he was so angry with her. After he has calmed down he realized what he had done. He got scared and concocted his story. Oscar Pistorius is a guilty man. Maybe my reasons for thinking he is guilty is ridiculous , but it is what I believe.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

^ Not ridiculous. Devil is in the details. Locking the door at that hour in the morning when the other other person is allegedly asleep ... might show something.

The sister is very articulate. I like what she said about his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet296 View Post
    The other day as I was listening to his testimony, and I decided he was guilty. Here is the reason why I believe this. I live with just my husband. We have no small children in the house. When I go to the bathroom, I close the door but I don't lock it. Why would I? There is only me and my husband in the house. He isn't coming in if the door is closed with the light on inside. They also lived with just two adults in the house. So, Reeva is in the toilet in the early hours of the morning. I don't believe that she would get up at 3 am to use the toilet and lock the door behind her. I think they were arguing and she ran to the toilet and locked the door because she was scared. In a fit of rage, he attempts to open the door and finds it locked. He grabs his gun and starts shooting through the door because he was so angry with her. After he has calmed down he realized what he had done. He got scared and concocted his story. Oscar Pistorius is a guilty man. Maybe my reasons for thinking he is guilty is ridiculous , but it is what I believe.

Not to mention, if you were in the bathroom and your husband started shooting at the door, wouldn't you say/scream/yell?

He's most definitely guilty. I don't think it was premeditated, but I do think it was out of a complete fit of anger and he wasn't thinking straight. I do think he's remorseful and that his emotions on the stand are genuine. After all, he did have a relationship with this woman and I think that anyone who's murdered someone out of a fit of anger is going to be sickened by what they've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Not to mention, if you were in the bathroom and your husband started shooting at the door, wouldn't you say/scream/yell?

He's most definitely guilty. I don't think it was premeditated, but I do think it was out of a complete fit of anger and he wasn't thinking straight. I do think he's remorseful and that his emotions on the stand are genuine. After all, he did have a relationship with this woman and I think that anyone who's murdered someone out of a fit of anger is going to be sickened by what they've done.
    Agreed, but is he sickended because of his act of violence that cost him the woman he dated and caused her family tremendous pain, or is he sickened that his "mistake" may cost him his career and at least his "hero/rolemodel" status? In other words: are the tears and projectile vomiting for himself?
    Kittylady likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information