Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree426Likes

Thread: Oscar Pistorius "Trial Of The Century" Starts Today

On the other hand..... It's easy to forget how jumpy and paranoid people tend to be in a society where violent crime is a constant undercurrent and where you have to barricade yourself behind high walls and barred windows in order to feel even slightly "safe". It must be even worse for high profile celebrities under constant public/media scrutiny. Add in the fact that he must still feel vulnerable or at least disadvantaged with his lack of mobility if he's not wearing his legs and I can see why/how he might have panicked IF he really didn't know who was in the bathroom. This is the defence he will use.
    which shouldn't be a hard sell to other south africans, who live in a place where they have 'Hijacking Hot Spot' road signs.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I would hate to be that judge.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

One of my friends is from South Africa. There is a small community of ex-pats in Orange county. She has told me that she will never, ever go back. Not even for a visit. Her mother was car-jacked and beaten at gunpoint and a family friend was raped in broad daylight. The last time she was there she went back with a friend who was here visiting. When they arrived, her friends house was taken over by squatters. This was about 14 years ago, but still. I don't blame her.

I know there were conflicting stories about Oscar wearing his prosthetic legs, did they ever determine if he was wearing them? Couldn't they tell from the way the bullets entered the door?

A*O

We have had several South African tenants, black and white, who without exception are happy and relieved to be out of there. It's not this utopian model of tolerance and forgiveness the world seems to imagine. Even Nelson Mandela's halo isn't quite as untarnished as we choose to believe. The social, economic and racial tensions are still there and it's a dangerous place to live with endemic crime and corruption at every level, including the police and judiciary. Welcome to Africa.

A local cop here told me that many drivers stopped for running a red light are recently arrived South Africans worried about car jacking so basically they don't stop for anyone or anything.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

A*O

Update: There's some pretty damning evidence coming from various witnesses who say they heard a lot of screaming and commotion BEFORE they heard the shots. He knew bloody well she was in that bathroom. Also, his ex girlfriend (who he cheated on with Reeva) says he was an unstable gun nut. He's really not coming across as a very sympathetic character.
    Dame Edna Everage

He was vomiting all over the shop today apparently, during the in-depth post mortem evidence.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Support for Oscar Pistorius

Some people are completely off their rockers.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    He was vomiting all over the shop today apparently, during the in-depth post mortem evidence.
    Yes, and plenty of comments that it's all a big act. He's known the PM results and details for months so why are they suddenly so sickening? The bullets he used are nasty exploding type Talons, banned in many countries. He's a nasty piece of work and the more I hear the more I disbelieve his story that it was all a terrible misunderstanding/accident.
    Belt Up, Serendipity, HWBL and 1 others like this.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Yes, and plenty of comments that it's all a big act. He's known the PM results and details for months so why are they suddenly so sickening? The bullets he used are nasty exploding type Talons, banned in many countries. He's a nasty piece of work and the more I hear the more I disbelieve his story that it was all a terrible misunderstanding/accident.
    The first big Internet argument I ever got in was around 1993-1994 and about Black Talon bullets. I was arguing with a bunch of gun nuts who thought that Black Talons were the greatest things since multiple O's. They complained to my network admin and tried to get him to block my access. You can see how well that worked out...

A*O

I'm sure Oscar's fan club are also crazy gun nuts who are determined to defend "their boy" to the bitter end and in the face of overwhelming evidence that he's, er, a crazy gun nut.
    Dame Edna Everage

A*O

Update: His defence will be that the screams several witnesses heard before the shots were fired were in fact Oscar squealing like a girlie, not Reeva. He's giving evidence now apparently. Hope he's got a bucket.
    Dame Edna Everage

Someone is glad that the Malaysian flight is missing. Taken a lot of attention off of him.
    levitt likes this.

I'm sick of him. When will we know a verdict? I want this over and done with.
    rollo likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Exactly. Like there's any doubt about this. Her poor family having to listen to this hour after hour, day after day.

It doesn't help that they keep adjourning every time this fucker has to have a weep.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information