Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree426Likes

Thread: Oscar Pistorius "Trial Of The Century" Starts Today

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Good! Wave buh-bye to your uncle's nice mansion, you P.O.S.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Fuck yes! Always should have been convicted of murder. Not going to get too excited by this result though. He can still appeal.
    HWBL and garysgirl1999 like this.

A*O

This is great news. Reeva speaking from beyond the grave at last.
    arie_skop and garysgirl1999 like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

good.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

Good riddance.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

And they said this case didn't have legs...oh, wait...
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

i see mo's dad jokes are rubbing off on you
    BITTER likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Pistorius bailed ahead of murder sentencing

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/pistorius-bailed-ahead-of-murder-sentencing/ar-AAg9t0B?li=AA4RE4&ocid=

Sky News
    1 hour ago

Oscar Pistorius has been granted bail at the High Court in Pretoria as he waits to be sentenced for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

The athlete's initial conviction of culpable homicide (or manslaughter in other countries) was overturned last week by the Supreme Court of Appeal, after five judges unanimously ruled that Judge Thokozile Masipa had made a judgement which was "fundamentally flawed".

Siphiwe Sibeko/Reuters) Oscar Pistorius sits in the dock at the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria, South Africa for a bail hearing.

With the courts about to go into Christmas recess and no new sentencing date for his murder conviction set, there was confusion about what would happen to Pistorius in the meantime - and whether he would remain under house arrest at his uncle's home, in one of Pretoria's most exclusive neighbourhoods.

The runner was granted bail in March 2013, a month after he shot Reeva dead on Valentine's Day at their home, and in October this year, he was released from jail after serving 12 months of his five-year sentence behind bars.

This time, prosecutors emphasized that Pistorius may pose a higher flight risk because he now faces a further, lengthier spell in jail. But they have agreed that electronic monitoring would provide some security with regards to his whereabouts.

Deputy Judge President Aubrey Ledwaba said he did not find Pistorius to be a flight risk but one of the conditions of his bail is that he hand over any passports and will not be allowed to apply for any further passports or travel documents until the case has been dealt with.

Other conditions include that he will be under house arrest and electronically monitored. He will be allowed to leave the house between 7am and midday but will only be allowed to travel within a 20km radius.

It's understood Pistorius intends to go to the Constitutional Court as a final resort against his new murder conviction and both sides have agreed to return to court on 18 April for an update on whether the court will hear the appeal.

If leave is not granted to appeal, a date will be set at the High Court for sentencing on the murder conviction.

Any appeal could take many months and run well over a million rand and it is not clear who would pay for this, as Pistorius's lawyer told the court the athlete was struggling financially and bail was set at 10,000 rand.

After Pistorius' conviction was changed to murder, Reeva's mother June Steenkamp told Sky News that she felt justice had finally been done.

The 29-year-old now faces a minimum sentence of 15 years, but Ms Steenkamp said: "I really don't care how long it is, as long as he pays for what he's done and takes responsibility for what happened."

Pistorius has always insisted he shot his girlfriend dead after mistaking her for an intruder, but the appeal panel said it was irrelevant who was behind his toilet door.

The judges said his experience with firearms meant he should have been aware that death was an inevitability after firing four times into such a confined area, which had left Reeva Steenkamp with "nowhere to hide".

Sentencing, when a date is decided upon, will be conducted by Judge Masipa - even though her original judgement was overturned on appeal.

She has been given this responsibility as she presided over the original trial and is familiar with the intricacies of the case, which went on for months.

Hmmm ... original judge is deciding the sentence (again.)

Elite Member

Pistorius moves to appeal murder conviction in S. Africa's top court

http://news.yahoo.com/pistorius-applies-appeal-murder-conviction-top-court-150639436.html;_ylt=AwrSbmTcVZRWZgwAEmsL5gt.;_ylu= X3oDMTByNWU4cGh1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYw NzYw--

AFP By Susan Njanji 7 hours ago

Johannesburg (AFP) - Paralympic champion Oscar Pistorius on Monday made a last-ditch attempt with South Africa's top court to overturn his murder conviction for shooting dead his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in 2013.

He has been on bail awaiting a new sentence since December, when judges found him guilty of murder, overturning his earlier conviction on the lesser charge of culpable homicide.

The double-amputee killed Steenkamp, a model and law graduate, in the early hours of Valentine's Day, saying he mistook her for an intruder when he shot four times through the door of his bedroom toilet.

Under the new conviction for murder, Pistorius, 29, faces a minimum 15-year jail term that may be reduced due to time already spent in jail and the fact that he is a first-time offender.

"We have lodged an application for leave to appeal to the Constitutional Court," Andrew Fawcett, a lawyer on Pistorius's legal team, told AFP.

Pistorius was released from jail in October to live under house arrest at his uncle's property in Pretoria after serving one year of his five-year prison sentence for culpable homicide -- the equivalent of manslaughter.

But Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) judges last month described his testimony at his trial in 2014 as "untruthful" and delivered a damning indictment of the original verdict.

Legal papers filed at the Constitutional Court on Monday by Pistorius's lawyers contended that the SCA had "acted unlawfully and unconstitutionally" by rejecting factual findings of the original verdict.

They also accused the SCA of making "errors of law" over the principle of "dolus eventualis" -- awareness of the likely outcome of an action -- which has been at the crux of the long-running case.

- Dramatic trial -

Pistorius was last seen in public at his bail hearing on December 8 in Pretoria High Court, after which he was fitted with an electronic monitoring tag.

Under his bail conditions, he is allowed to leave his uncle's house at set times with official permission, and not travel further than 20 kilometres (12 miles).

"The application has been served on the director of public prosecutions," Fawcett said.

"They will now indicate when they will be opposing the application and what the grounds of opposition will be

"Then we wait for the Constitutional Court to make a ruling on whether or not they will hear the appeal."

Pistorius denied killing Steenkamp in a rage and, during his dramatic trial, sobbed and occasionally vomited in the dock as details of his lover's death were examined in excruciating detail.

Some legal experts have dismissed his chances of success at the Constitutional Court.

"He is wasting his time. It is certainly not a constitutional matter," Tyrone Maseko, a Johannesburg attorney told AFP. "If he ever succeeds, then I will know there is no justice in this country."

Pistorius shot Steenkamp at the peak of his fame, and has since lost his glittering sports career, lucrative contracts and status as a global role model for the disabled.

Her family welcomed his murder conviction and has described his Constitutional Court appeal as a "delaying tactic" to keep him out of jail.

"The Steenkamps have faith in the justice system and the law must take its course," their family lawyer Tania Koen told AFP on Monday.

Oscar Pistorius's appeal against his murder conviction is DISMISSED by South Africa's highest court

• Constitutional Court rules athlete had no reasonable grounds of success
    • Comes after supreme court of appeal upgraded manslaughter conviction
    • Paralympian now faces possible minimum 15-year jail sentence for murder
    • He gunned down girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp at his home three years ago

By SIMON TOMLINSON FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 16:12, 3 March 2016 | UPDATED: 17:58, 3 March 2016

South Africa's highest court has rejected Oscar Pistorius's right to appeal against his conviction for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
    The Constitutional Court ruled the Paralympian had no reasonable grounds of success with his legal fight.
    Pistorius now faces a possible minimum 15-year jail sentence after he was convicted of deliberately gunning down his lover on Valentine's Day three years ago.

+2

Facing at least 15 years in jail: South Africa's Constitutional Court has rejected Oscar Pistorius's right to appeal against his conviction for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp

The athlete has been on bail since December when the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) found him guilty of murder after overturning his earlier conviction on the lesser charge of culpable homicide.
    Pistorius's lawyers had applied for leave to appeal to the Constitutional Court, the highest court in South Africa, arguing that the SCA had 'acted unlawfully and unconstitutionally'.

But the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA), which opposed the application, said today that the appeal attempt had failed.

Read more: Oscar Pistorius denied leave to appeal for Reeva Steenkamp murder | Daily Mail Online

I call shenanigans!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I call the men in white coats to come and collect the crazy lady!
    SHELLEE, greysfang, sluce and 2 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Vouch!
    sluce likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

My sweet baboo should not be in prison, he can't defend himself properly! He's going to have an 11 inch rectum by the time I finally meet him.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information