Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree426Likes

Thread: Oscar Pistorius "Trial Of The Century" Starts Today

Wtf? They just got back from lunch and now she's called it a day. This is like a cliffhanger in a fucking soap opera.
    arie_skop likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I cant believe that, they take a long break and now it's over. To be continued....

Elite Member

Ugh.

There is no reasonable explanation for how he could not have known that she was in the bathroom, or at the very least, was not in bed.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Come on, this was always going to be the outcome. It's a shame for Reeva & her family but... I always knew he'd get away with this.
    Fly_On_TheWall likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Sad but true.Melanie..i was sure too.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Default Judge Finds Oscar Pistorius NOT GUILTY Killing Of Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp

Oscar Pistorius was found not guilty of premeditated murder, and murder, in the Feb. 14, 2013 shooting death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp by Judge Thokozile Matilda Masipa in South Africa’s Pretoria Court Thursday.
    Masipa said that prosecutors failed to provide “enough facts” to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the paralympian, 27, had intentionally shot the model/reality star.
    She said that culpable homicide — indicating the slaying was one of negligence — “is a competent verdict,” though did not formally declare her decision. (A culpable homicide conviction could still lead to years of incarceration.)

The double-amputee, Masipa said, likely thought Steenkamp was in his bedroom when he shot at the bathroom door, believing an intruder was on the other end.
    Watch the video on RadarOnline.com:
    The “court is satisfied that at the relevant time, the accused could distinguish between right and wrong,” she said.
    Prosecutors didn’t prove Pistorius acted with an intent to kill in the deadly incident, the judge said, also cutting down much of the testimony delivered in the case, saying that the media frenzy hovering over the proceedings contaminated recollections from the 37 witnesses who took the stand.

“Technology is more reliable than human perception and human memory,” she said.
    Watch the video on RadarOnline.com:
    In one highly-scrutinized detail in the case, Masipa said she believed that high-pitched screams witnesses heard did indeed come from Pistorius, not Steenkamp.
    “None of the witnesses had ever heard the accused cry or scream, let alone when he was anxious,” the judge said. “I continue to explain why most witnesses got their facts wrong.”

Masipa brushed off text messages the prosecution presented as evidence of the couple’s volatile interactions, saying that “normal relationships are dynamic and unpredictable most of the time, while human beings are fickle.”
    The 29-year-old model’s parents Barry and June Steenkamp were in the court Thursday, as were many of Pistorius’ relatives. As he did many times during the actual trial, Pistorius wept during the judge’s speech.
    Story developing.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

well, duh. that was always going to be the outcome. It's sad for Reeva and her family and I believe it's a complete miscarriage of justice but... KNEW it.
    Shinola and chartreuse like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I think this is utter bullshit.
    Shinola and rollo like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

We all knew this was going to happen. Even before the trial. I feel for her family.

Famous athletes get a free pass to murder apparently. Not surprised at all and that is sad.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

WHATTTTTT? OJ part 2. HOW HOW HOW.

He wasn't found Not Guilty of killing her. The judge there was not enough evidence to show it was intentional. It sucks for her family but other charges are still pending. The judges comments are rediculous though and it sure seems she was looking for ways to get him off and was disrespectful of the witnesses.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

hopefully they'll find him guilty of culpable homicide (manslaughter) tomorrow. that would be the least they could do. i do see how it would have been hard to prove premeditation and get a murder conviction but they had better at least find him guilty of homicide.
    sluce and levitt like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

there's still the culpable homicide verdict tomorrow. hopefully that's better.
    and i imagine you would still get quite a few years in jail for that.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Whatever happens, I just hope that for the rest of his life that whenever someone is using the restroom near Pistorious, they shout out, "Hey, Oscar, relax. It's just me, taking a piss!"
    effie2, BITTER, sprynkles and 3 others like this.

Thread Information