Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree426Likes

Thread: Oscar Pistorius "Trial Of The Century" Starts Today

not surprising.it was heading this way,damn the asshole!
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Barry Raoux wasn't too happy with sending Oscar for Psy Test lol
    snoopqueen likes this.

A*O

This is a clever ploy. The aim is to prove OP does NOT have any psych issues that he may later rely on to mitigate a guilty verdict. Being a trigger happy douche with a huge ego and a bad temper isn't a mental illness, even in South Africa.

It's interesting, I know two SA women now living in Oz but who are following this case closely. One is a dyed in the wool Boer/farmer with Afrikaans as her first language and who grew up in the Pistorious milieu with people who think and behave like him. She thinks this is a huge media beat up and poor Oscar is the victim and Reeva probably asked for it. The other is a metropolitan professional woman who would cheerfully sentence him to hang if SA had the death penalty.
    arie_skop and snoopqueen like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I couldn't call which way this will go right now because he's a celebrity but there's a smell of desperation from the Pistorius side. He's playing every card he can think of (howling, vomiting, deep seated psych issues etc) to try and save his arse completely or get a lighter sentence in a softer prison/hospital.

Personally I hope he goes down harder than he ever could have imagined possible, but we shall see.
    rollo and snoopqueen like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I think he will (go down hard, that is).
    Kittylady likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

After all of this, all this time, my gut tells me he will walk. I think he killed her, I think he knew what he was doing and I think he acted with purpose when he murdered her, but I still think he'll walk.
    effie2 and darksithbunny like this.

me too.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    After all of this, all this time, my gut tells me he will walk. I think he killed her, I think he knew what he was doing and I think he acted with purpose when he murdered her, but I still think he'll walk.
    Doubtful.

*snigger*
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I can see him getting a soft sentence, but I don't see him being totally acquitted of the culpable homicide charge, nor on the possession of the illegal ammunition.

A*O

Apart from his loyal cheersquad I think most people have already decided he killed her in a fit of anger. Even if he is let off his career is over and he will become a pariah just like OJ. Mud sticks.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    Dame Edna Everage

So how come he gets psych evaluated in the middle of the trial? Come on now.

A*O

I assume it's allowed under the SA system. Remember this psych evaluation has been requested by the Prosecution, presumably to preempt any attempt at a temporary insanity or similar defence. I repeat, he's never denied he shot her. He says it was a case of mistaken identity and he didn't know the person in the locked toilet was HER.

I spoke to a SA friend on the weekend and asked what he and his contacts there think. They laugh at the idea that a burglar would quietly break into a tiny upstairs bathroom window as OP claims. The local burglars just chuck a heavy deck chair through a downstairs glass patio door and blast away with an AK47.
    snoopqueen and rollo like this.
    Dame Edna Everage

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    The tears are self-pity, not remorse. Hes a nasty piece of work.

With no jury to convince the prosecution/defence counsel will have to impress only the judge and based on what I've seen the defence is winning. Oscars drama skills in the dock don't fool anyone but his lawyer is very commanding and persuasive. The prosecutor seems unable to frame his questions clearly, is repetitive, disorganised and sometimes doesn't have the necessary documentary evidence/exhibits to hand (his minions should get a bollocking for that).

However, he's also picking some big holes in OPs story so let's hope he doesn't blow it by irritating the judge too much.

Fortunately the judge will rely on the evidence. The presence of arterial spurt/spatter on the stairwell proves OP's story is a lie. Arterial spurts require a heartbeat, even if faint or erratic. The appearance of this spatter is often pathognomonic. Reeva's heart could not have kept beating long after the shot through the brain. there were at least 12-20 minutes from the time of the first bang noises, to when he was witnessed carrying her down the stairs. Although he maintains the first set were the gunshots the evidence doesn't support this. The first set had to be the cricket bat (him terrorizing her). The second set of bangs 3:16 were the gunshots which stopped the concommitant screaming. OP then opened already damaged door, put the gun down made a few phone calls, stopped security from arriving by telling them "everything is fine" and started carrying her downstairs. 3:22-26 am. 4 deadly gunshots with hollow points were delivered with relative accuracy through a locked door with the victim standing against the door, likely holding it shut or listening for his approach. (both the defense and prosecution ballistics experts agree she was standing against the door, with the shot to the hip first).

Why would people make up hearing screaming and gunshots and have to deal with affadavits, providing testimony at court and the enormous pressure associated?!

I hope this judge throws the book at him.

The fact that he greets the psycho fans with their cards and baloons is in appallingly poor judgment, imo. His displays with his psycologist in view of the public seating is also self serving, there is a provate area where she can 'console' him. Beyotch even clapped her hands after on of his sessions on the stand....complete qwack...totally unprofessional

This panel of psychiatrists is going to see through his egotism and lies in a hot second. jmho.

Why would people make up hearing screaming and gunshots and have to deal with affadavits, providing testimony at court and the enormous pressure associated?!
    who knows why, but people have and do. maybe they like to feel involved, or a connection.
    McJag and snoopqueen like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by snoopqueen View Post
    Fortunately the judge will rely on the evidence. The presence of arterial spurt/spatter on the stairwell proves OP's story is a lie. Arterial spurts require a heartbeat, even if faint or erratic. The appearance of this spatter is often pathognomonic. Reeva's heart could not have kept beating long after the shot through the brain. there were at least 12-20 minutes from the time of the first bang noises, to when he was witnessed carrying her down the stairs. Although he maintains the first set were the gunshots the evidence doesn't support this. The first set had to be the cricket bat (him terrorizing her). The second set of bangs 3:16 were the gunshots which stopped the concommitant screaming. OP then opened already damaged door, put the gun down made a few phone calls, stopped security from arriving by telling them "everything is fine" and started carrying her downstairs. 3:22-26 am. 4 deadly gunshots with hollow points were delivered with relative accuracy through a locked door with the victim standing against the door, likely holding it shut or listening for his approach. (both the defense and prosecution ballistics experts agree she was standing against the door, with the shot to the hip first).

I hope this judge throws the book at him.

The fact that he greets the psycho fans with their cards and baloons is in appallingly poor judgment, imo. His displays with his psycologist in view of the public seating is also self serving, there is a provate area where she can 'console' him. Beyotch even clapped her hands after on of his sessions on the stand....complete qwack...totally unprofessional

This panel of psychiatrists is going to see through his egotism and lies in a hot second. jmho.
    I agree with you and hope you are right. It seems there's a lot of showmanship trying to muddy the waters and I have a feeling there is more to come.
    snoopqueen likes this.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information