Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Oscar Pistorius arrested after girlfriend shot dead

Oh A*O that's evil

Brookie- Right? Keeping your balcony window open is just the thing you'd do if you were as paranoid as him eh? He went to the balcony just on his stumps but came back and put his legs on and still didn't see she wasn't in bed! Ok.

Arie- Yes neighbours heard arguing. We might not hear all about that until the actual trial.

^^ The Dlisted article says he put his legs on after he returned to the bed and realized his girlfriend wasn't there. In other words, after he figured out he may have shot her... he takes the time to put his legs on.
    Lenny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    ^^ The Dlisted article says he put his legs on after he returned to the bed and realized his girlfriend wasn't there. In other words, after he figured out he may have shot her... he takes the time to put his legs on.
    ... and call a few chums to report that he shot her, instead of calling paramedics.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Ah ok, I'm sure I'd read it the other way around somewhere else.

Instead of carrying someone down the stairs why not get your phone call the paramedics and then put pressure on the wounds?

I'm a paranoid person by nature. I read way too many true crime books and watch too much Discovery ID. I live in a very quiet area where there is next to no crime (although, lately it's been a little crazy) but I would never go to bed with my windows or balcony open if I knew there was a good chance of a robber entering. That makes no sense. Also, if my loved one was sleeping next to me, I would certainly wake them up for the old "did you hear that?" question we all ask in the middle of the night if the cat knocks something off the counter. I can't believe he would just get up and start shooting. I would make sure that my partner/lover/whatever was safely in the bed still before shooting.

I guess none of this makes sense.
    MmeVertigina and rollo like this.

Just read on Yahoo that he's being charged with premeditated murder.
    Brookie and Butterfly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I'm a paranoid person by nature. I read way too many true crime books and watch too much Discovery ID. I live in a very quiet area where there is next to no crime (although, lately it's been a little crazy) but I would never go to bed with my windows or balcony open if I knew there was a good chance of a robber entering. That makes no sense. Also, if my loved one was sleeping next to me, I would certainly wake them up for the old "did you hear that?" question we all ask in the middle of the night if the cat knocks something off the counter. I can't believe he would just get up and start shooting. I would make sure that my partner/lover/whatever was safely in the bed still before shooting.

I guess none of this makes sense.
    1. As a long-time married person, my approach has always been, when I hear a strange noise in another part of the house is to look to where my spouse is, ask "Did you hear that?" and then go investigate.

2. If you are really concerned about security, and you don't have to be rich, you can have a home security system that has glass-break sensors, motion sensors, and window/door-open sensors all around the house. And then enable or disable different areas or floors while you are sleeping. If he had that kind of system, there wouldn't have been much of a question about who was in the bathroom or how they got there.

3. I don't get the "shoot first and ask questions later" mentality either, but it's not unprecedented. I actually read (years ago) of a case where someone shot and killed a kid under the Christmas tree who had gone down early to check out presents.
    MmeVertigina and KrisNine like this.

Re 3 - and who shoots a burglar 4 times anyway, other than Americans? *ducks bullets*
    Karistiona likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

The second bail hearing is about to begin soon with more evidence?

Oscar Pistorius bail hearing day two

Whatever really happened I think Pistorius is nuts.
    In my head the most likely scenario is that he got mad at Reeva, snapped and killed her on purpose. But I do believe that he regretted it immediately after.

On the other hand I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe his crazy story is true and he took Reeva for an intruder. He lives in a dangerous country and grew up with a lot of violent crimes around him and he is disabled, which certainly does make him feel helpless. Add steroids to all this and perhaps the dude suffers from some kind of pathological paranoia. But then again, if you felt threatened and feared for your safety 24/7 wouldn't you leave SA? He had the money to do so.

This case really fascinates me. Pistorius overcame such a huge obstacle and despite his disabilty he became an extraoridinary athlete. And now it seems like he threw everything he had away just because he couldn't control his bad temper. I don't want to believe that.

Ok the real shit is coming out now. Both phones found in bathroom and

@barrybateman: #OscarPistorius ... the phones seized show no record of calling the police or paramedics. BB

Hoping he is definitely toast now.

So who called the police and paramedics? The neighbors who heard the shots?

^ I have no idea.
    Here are some more tweets (Botha is the guy giving this evidence)

@barrybateman: #OscarPistorius Botha to get to the bathroom from the balcony you have to go passed the bed.

@barrybateman: #OscarPistorius Botha the window leading from the toilet looks onto the backyard where there were two dogs.

@barrybateman: #OscarPistorius Botha: it appears the trajectory was down - from top down. (Angle from door to toilet seat) BB

@barrybateman: #OscarPistorius Botha: the bullets went through the top part of the door. BB

@BBCAndrewH: Botha thinks bullets were fired "down" and through top part of door suggesting #OscarPistorius had prosthetic legs on.

So he did have his legs on!
    Lalique likes this.

omg, this is shocking! Poor girl, and how sad for her family to hear all this.

It's awful hearing all this from Botha.

Following this hearing live from that link ^. The witness testimony is very damning.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information