Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Oscar Pistorius arrested after girlfriend shot dead

So, he used the mallet to smash the door open, where does it say he bashed her head in with it, or did I miss that somewhere??

Elite Member

This is a preliminary hearing, not the trial itself. It's the same in the USA, prelims are heard by the judge who sets bail or remand. What the judge is deciding here is whether there is enough evidence to hold Pistorius on the SA version of first degree murder (murder with intention?)

If there is enough early evidence to warrant a 1st degree charge, then Pistorius will be held without bail in a jail until his trial.

The trial could begin many, many months from now. Pistorius' lawyers are trying to get him bail (on a lesser charge) so he doesn't spend all that time locked up.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

BBC Apologizes for Playing ‘Hey Joe’ Right After Report on Oscar Pistorius

The BBC was forced to issue a formal apology today on behalf of one of its radio stations — BBC Radio 6 Music — after it played the Jimi Hendrix song "Hey Joe" immediately following a news report on the murder trial of Oscar Pistorius.

The lyrics of the song, which revolve around a man name Joe who expresses an intent to shoot his "old lady" for "messing around with another man," bear a striking resemblance to the accusations brought against the Paralympian.

BBC Apologizes for Playing 'Hey Joe' Right After Report on Oscar Pistorius
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Why on earth would they play that song. I love me some Hendrix but jeez.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

fgg

OMG, people are way too sensitive. unless these people are assholes and did it on purpose.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

MohandasKGanja likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

fgg

^i'm proud of myself for guessing an onion story without even clicking it.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Brookie and MmeVertigina like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Why on earth would they play that song. I love me some Hendrix but jeez.
    Well now I'm going to go home and play it, and I'm not much of a Hendrix fan. I think he's overrated.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Well now I'm going to go home and play it, and I'm not much of a Hendrix fan. I think he's overrated.
    A lot of his stuff is too trippy/unstructured for me. But I love "Hey Joe" -- really cool sense of foreboding with the chorus. "Fire" and "All Along the Watchtower" are really tight, too.

Hendrix is too good for him. He'd better not get bail.
    MmeVertigina and Lalique like this.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Oscar Pistorius Tells His Side Of The Story And It Doesn't Make Any Sense | Dlisted

Oscar Pistorius Tells His Side Of The Story And It Doesn't Make Any Sense

Not that shooting your girlfriend for any reason makes sense, but you know. Oscar Pistorius was in court today to be officially charged with premeditated murder and during the hearing his lawyer read a statement written by him. It turns out the burglar story that the media was throwing around is the story that Oscar is going with.
    Oscar says that the night before the murder, he and his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp spent the night at his house. She did yoga, he watched TV and afterward they went to sleep together. Oscar said in his statement that he knows everybody gets robbed in his neighborhood and he has gotten several death threats before, so he keeps a 9mm pistol under his bed. In the early morning on February 14th, Oscar woke up to close the balcony door when he heard a noise in the bathroom. Now a normal person who thinks normally would just assume that their piece was taking a middle of the night piss. But Oscar, who wasn't wearing his legs at the same, got scared, grabbed his gun from under the bed and went to the bathroom.
    Oscar claims he didn't turn the lights on, but he did shout at the person in the bathroom. When he didn't hear anything back, he shot through the bathroom door several times. Oscar went back to the bed and realized that Reeva was in it. So he put on his legs, beat the locked bathroom door open with a cricket bat, called the paramedics and then carried her down the stairs. Oscar says that she died in his arms.
    Oscar says he now knows that Reeva went to use the bathroom when he went to close the balcony door. He claims he's innocent and that he never meant to kill Reeva, because he was in love with her and shit.
    The prosecutors were not moved and they told the court that Oscar meant to kill Reeva. Bail was denied and Oscar will stay in a cell.
    Most of that shit makes no sense and if Oscar claimed that aliens with guns from District 9 killed her, I'd believe that story before I'd believe the story he told in court. Reeva really didn't shout back when he shouted at her through the bathroom door? And when he went to get the gun from under his bed, he didn't notice that she wasn't in it anymore? Is Jodi Arias on his defense team, because that story is a full-on fairytale.
    All the times that I got up in the middle of the night to take a 2am piss, the piece in my bed would either stay sleeping or tell me to piss quieter. I guess I should feel lucky that he never shot my ass.
    Click here to read Oscar's full statement if that's what you need today.

Posted by: Michael K
    Login or register to post comments •

Oscar PistoriusReeva Steenkamp
    arie_skop and Sarzy like this.

A*O

He doesn't have a leg to stand on.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

So everybody gets robbed in the 'hood, but the balcony door is wide open. And when does he strap on his legs again?
    Sarzy, rollo and shedevilang like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    The no jury thing is a bit troubling. I read on another site that a lot of corruption goes on in SA justice system with people getting paid off etc. Hopefully that wouldn't happen with such a high profile case, but..
    I hope he doesn't get special treatment because he is a "sports hero".

His story doesn't add up especially because he shot her 4 times!! I'm sure there was a report that the neighbours heard yelling before the shooting, and the gunshots were heard 10 minutes apart. As if he didn't know Reeva was in the bathroom. This doesn't make sense.

It will be interesting to hear the prosecutions case today and any further evidence.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information