Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Oscar Pistorius arrested after girlfriend shot dead

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    As I called it upthread about drugs, it's looking like paranoia and 'roid rage.
    Yep-You just know that is what the defense will be. This is so fucked up. So she was shot, ran in the bathroom, he then shot her some more and crushed her skull with a cricket bat. SMDH.
    Brookie likes this.

Police sources told the independent City Press paper that Ms Steenkamp’s skull had been “crushed”, reported the AFP news agency.
    There was lots of blood on the bat,” one source told the newspaper.
    Police are said to be looking at whether the bat was used to attack Ms Steenkamp or if she used it to defend herself.
    City Press said she was wearing a nightie at the time of the shooting with police casting doubt on initial suggestions that Pistorius, 26, might have mistaken his girlfriend for an intruder.
    A police source told City Press: “The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hip. She then ran and hid herself in the toilet... He fired three more shots.
    Okay, so what's the scenario now? They were both asleep on the eve of Valentine's Day, she got up to surprise him, which awoke him. He reaches for his gun on the nightstand, shoots her in the hip. I suppose she'd then yelp, yet he then finds it necessary to shoot 3 times through the bathroom door (never once checking beside him if she's still there, assuming they spent the night together), opens it, doesn't turn the light on but first finishes the job with a bat, crushing her skull. Then turns on the light and sees a bloody mess in a nightgown and realizes he's killed his baba (!).
    Or, she didn't spend the night but somehow got into the estate to surprise him (no alarm?, in that neighborhood?), put on her nightgown and was just about to climb into bed with him to surprise him, but just before that he awakes, shoots her in the hip and then the rest of the story above?

Yeah, right.
    Lenny likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

If all this evidence is true, I can't see how his lawyers are going to put a decent case together in his defence. There is absolutely no way this was anything less than murder.

He's toast.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What a horrible story. That poor woman.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    What a horrible story. That poor woman.
    I know. Getting your skull crashed and shot 4 times... He made sure she really didn't survive

Mcjag- Hopefully he's toast! But I thought OJ Simpson was toast too. These days I don't trust that true justice will get served when it comes to celebrities.
    I hope nothing 'corrupt' happens with this case.
    Lenny, McJag and rollo like this.

There was a similiar case years back here in Germany. Bubi Scholz (a boxer) shot his wife through the door while she was in the guest toilet, he was drunk at that time. (There is a doku on it, called "Der dramatische Abstieg des Bubi Scholz", it's on YT.) He claimed they were fighting, she fled into the toilet like she had done so several times and he wanted her out. He took a rifle and shot through the door. (He had to assemble the rifle first!) If she would have been sitting on the toilet (she was taking laxatives), she wouldn't have been hit, but she was standing behind the door listening, so he hit her. He was sentenced to 3 years for manslaughter, because they couldn't prove that he wanted to kill her. (BS if you ask me.)

This case is messed up, the stories are just weird. It's crazy that his family continue to claim this was an accident and Oscar thought she was an intruder. Though his father believes Oscar acted on instinct..hmm
    Tomorrow is the bailing hearing, it will be interesting to see what happens there.

Anoia- That sounds messed up!

Anyone have any idea when Oscar's trial will be? I don't know how quick cases go to trial there.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    This case is messed up, the stories are just weird. It's crazy that his family continue to claim this was an accident and Oscar thought she was an intruder. Though his father believes Oscar acted on instinct..hmm Tomorrow is the bailing hearing, it will be interesting to see what happens there.
    His family is probably going to continue to claim it was an accident. That's their son, nephew, brother, etc. They've known the guy their entire lives, how could they possibly consider the possibility that someone they love is a murderer? They're in serious denial.
    arie_skop and stef like this.

Elite Member

Just a tidbit of info. Pistorius wasn't very good with guns, obviously. Who takes out a gun and shares it with friends at a restaurant?

Oscar Pistorius 'nearly shot boxer friend in the foot during meal at busy restaurant' - Crime - News - London Evening Standard

18 February 2013

Oscar Pistorius fired a gun in a busy restaurant and narrowly missed his friend’s foot just weeks before his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp was shot dead, it emerged today.

The incident happened last month during a dinner with friends and the 29-year-old model.
    The paralympic star was examining the weapon when it went off unexpectedly in the Johannesburg restaurant Tasha’s.
    Boxer Kevin Lerena, who was part of the dining party, told South Africa’s Beeld newspaper: “I got a huge fright, because the bullet hit the ground just centimetres from my foot. I must emphasise that the gun belonged to one of Pistorius’s friends.
    “Oscar just wanted to look at the gun, and it sort of snagged on his pants, releasing the safety catch. A shot went off. I wouldn’t call him negligent, it was just an accident. He apologised to me for days afterwards.”
    The restaurant’s manager Jason Loupis said he heard a “loud bang” but that when he went to investigate, everyone on the table denied it was them.
    Mr Loupis said he did not inform the police as he could not be certain that a gun was fired.
    The revelations came as it emerged police are investigating a theory Pistorius, 26, killed Ms Steenkamp in a fit of “roid rage” after banned steroids were found at his luxury home in Pretoria.
    Officers demanded he be tested for the substances, while detectives also reportedly discovered a blood-stained cricket bat at the house.
    Ms Steenkamp, a law graduate, is said to have suffered skull “crush” injuries as well as being shot four times in the pelvis, chest, head and hand. Police believe she was shot in the hip in the master bedroom after finding a bullet cartridge there, before fleeing to lock herself in the bathroom.
    Bullet wounds to the top of her head suggest the next three shots hit her through the door as she sat doubled up in pain on the toilet with her hands raised instinctively to protect herself.
    Phone records are also being checked after reports suggested the runner could have flown into a rage when Ms Steenkamp received a late-night text from South African rugby star Francois Hougaard.
    They were said to be close before she and the “Blade Runner” started dating in November, with him reportedly unhappy that they remained friends.
    Hougaard, 24, has insisted the “whole sad ordeal” of her death had nothing to do with him.
    As police sealed off the house, Pistorius wept down the phone to best friend Justin Divaris, 27, telling him: “There has been a terrible accident, I shot Reeva. I’ve killed my baba. God take me away.” Pistorius denies murder and claims he mistook his girlfriend for an intruder.
    His father Henke said: “There is something fundamentally wrong with our society. We build people up into heroes only to take great glee in breaking them down.”
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

His father Henke said: “There is something fundamentally wrong with our society. We build people up into heroes only to take great glee in breaking them down.”
    It kind of sounds like this delusional thing was passed down genetically.
    Lenny, arie_skop, rollo and 2 others like this.

God yeah, it's awful how people bring you down when you smash your girlfriend's skull in and fire bullets into her isn't it? People suck. *eyeroll*

I'd tell him a society there's something wrong with, one that lets you get away with anything because you're famous.
    rollo likes this.

A*O

Stories are emerging about his "dark side" so maybe the signs were there. It will be interesting to see if the police can make the "premeditated" murder charge stick. I suspect it was more like a fit of rage, maybe drink/drug induced, but smashing the skull of the fiancée you just shot 4 times isn't a good look.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information