Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Oscar Pistorius arrested after girlfriend shot dead

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    ^^I don't know if it's paranoia or South Africa. He has two bats, a revolver and a machine gun. There is no way in hell I would ever feel safe.

I mentioned my South African friends before and she said she will never go back. Her family was terrorized by a gang in their neighborhood.
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around 50 murders A DAY!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

As well as all the murders there's all the rapes. I read over 40% of South African women are raped in their lifetime. That's just obscene.

There are tons of South Africans here and none of them are interested in ever going back, not even to visit. They would rather fly whole families from SA to Oz to see them - a woman I worked with flew aunt, 2 cousins + spouses and children, total 8 people, to visit her and her mother, rather than go home. The aunt and one cousin + family didn't go back.
    Last edited by faithanne; February 15th, 2013 at 04:43 PM.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

If he was THAT paranoid, why didn't he just move to another country?
    rollo and Lenny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around 50 murders A DAY!
    If you think that's bad, Honduras (where I have some relatives) has 3 times the murder rate of South Africa.

I was in SA with friends, a guy from our group went for a jog (around the hotel in a secured area) and came back with only his boxers on. He had been mugged. We went for what seemed a 'safari' -a guided city tour of Johannesburg- and we were not allowed to get out for pictures and the city just looked creepy, bit like a ghost town.
    That said SA was absolutely stunning and we had a terrific time. Such a pity about all the crime.
    Last edited by kasippu; February 16th, 2013 at 04:06 AM.

I don't think the whole of SA should be tainted over this. There are dangerous places which the locals know about and he lived in a gated community with high security. We are supposed to believe that his girlfriend of two months surmounted the security in the early hours of the morning and wasn't with him already ...

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    If you think that's bad, Honduras (where I have some relatives) has 3 times the murder rate of South Africa.
    Holy hell! This makes me so sad for the honest, good people that try to live there
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

South African police have found a bloodied cricket bat at Oscar Pistorius’ home following the shooting of his girlfriend on Valentine’s Day, it has been reported.

The global athletic star – dubbed the blade runner because of his artificial legs - has been charged with the murder of model Reeva Steenkamp , 29.
    She was fatally shot at his Pretoria home and he is due to reappear in court next week. Mr Pistorius is due to apply for bail on Tuesday, the same day a memorial service for his girlfriend is held.
    The Paralympian and Olympian faces a life sentence if convicted of premeditated murder as state prosecutors claim – but has vowed to fight the charge.
    Police sources told the independent City Press paper that Ms Steenkamp’s skull had been “crushed”, reported the AFP news agency.
    “There was lots of blood on the bat,” one source told the newspaper.
    Police are said to be looking at whether the bat was used to attack Ms Steenkamp or if she used it to defend herself.
    City Press said she was wearing a nightie at the time of the shooting with police casting doubt on initial suggestions that Pistorius, 26, might have mistaken his girlfriend for an intruder.
    A police source told City Press: “The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hip. She then ran and hid herself in the toilet... He fired three more shots.”
    The paper also reportedly claimed that police asked for blood taken from the athlete to be tested for steroids because of the possibility of his defence team claiming he acted in "roid rage" - an aggressive condition linked with taking large amounts of performance enhancing drugs.
    The holster of a 9mm pistol, similar to the weapon recovered by police, is also said to have been found on one side of the bed, along with a bullet cartridge in the bedroom.
    Another report suggested that she was sitting on a toilet when she was hit four times in the arm, head, hip and finger by three bullets fired through the bathroom door – with police removing the door as evidence.
    It also said that it was thought the model was still alive as her boyfriend carried her downstairs and tried to revive her with the kiss of life.
    In a further development, Mr Pistorius called his best friend moments after his girlfriend was shot instead of the emergency services and later sobbed: “I’ve killed my baba.”
    Details of the call to businessman Justin Divaris, who introduced Reeva Steenkamp to Mr Pistorius, were reported by the Sunday People.
    Justin, 27, told the paper that it was “all very sad” and that Oscar had called him at 3.55am saying that Reeva had been shot.
    “I said to him, ‘What are you talking about? I don’t understand you?’ He then repeated himself – ‘There has been a terrible accident, I shot Reeva’.
    “Next thing his neighbour picked up the phone and told me it was true and told me to get to Oscar’s home,” said Mr Divaris.
    “I was in total shock. I asked the neighbour, ‘Is she OK?’ Did the gun go off by accident?’ She replied, ‘No. She’s not OK. You need to get here’.”
    The businessman and his girlfriend Sam headed to athlete’s luxury home on a security-patrolled estate.
    The police were already there and holding Mr Pistorius in his garage.
    As a crime scene, they were not allowed into the house – but could see the model through the door covered in blankets and towels at the bottom of the stairs.
    But he was allowed to speak to his friend for 10 minutes, who he described as incoherent and “just kept saying, ‘My baba, I’ve killed my baba. God take me away’. He must have been sobbing there for a whole hour.”
    Mr Divaris, chief executive of luxury car sales firm Daytona Group, also told the Sunday People: “I don’t understand exactly what happened but the truth will come out.”
    The newspaper also reported that Ms Steenkamp is said to have complained that her boyfriend was becoming possessive. The couple had been dating since November.
    It said she arrived at Mr Pistorius’ house at 7pm and several hours before the shooting, neighbours complained to the estate’s security guards about loud noise from the property and asked them to stop it.
    It's also reported that Mr Pistorius called his father and sister, asking them to come to the house at around 3.20am on Thursday. His sibling, Aimee, is said to have told police that her brother told he had fired at what he thought was an intruder
    A further report has suggested that Ms Steenkamp was in a “close friendship” with a rugby star when she was fatally shot.
    Reports in South Africa linked her with Springbok Francois Hougaard, 24, who is also friends with Mr Pistorius, said the Sunday Mirror.
    Investigators are looking at whether the friendship may have sparked rows heard in the hours leading up to the shooting.

Oscar Pistorius: 'bloodied cricket bat found' at home - MSN News UK

I think he did it on purpose.

So he said he thought the person was an intruder. Did he say something before shooting? Was there a response? If he shot the first time and missed, I'd assume the girlfriend would yell out, then he would recognize her voice and stop shooting.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Bloodied cricket bat? Crushed skull? What a monster! Ugh it makes me sick. He completely slaughtered her.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    “There was lots of blood on the bat,” one source told the newspaper.
    Police are said to be looking at whether the bat was used to attack Ms Steenkamp or if she used it to defend herself.
    City Press said she was wearing a nightie at the time of the shooting with police casting doubt on initial suggestions that Pistorius, 26, might have mistaken his girlfriend for an intruder.
    A police source told City Press: “The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hip. She then ran and hid herself in the toilet... He fired three more shots.”

Another report suggested that she was sitting on a toilet when she was hit four times in the arm, head, hip and finger by three bullets fired through the bathroom door – with police removing the door as evidence.
    This is getting wierder and wierder. She tried to defend herself so crashed her own skull? That was after the first shot?
    and we need to believe this was an accident.

She was wearing her nightie too. So yeah, intruder my ass!
    rollo, kasippu, Slushie and 2 others like this.

As I called it upthread about drugs, it's looking like paranoia and 'roid rage.
    kasippu likes this.

I'm confused about the crushed-skull part. Did he hit her before or after he shot her? I would think that she would have been totally incapacitated with a crushed skull, and wouldn't have been able to run into the bathroom. So, the other scenario was that he shot her and then beat her.

From reading the newspaper this morning, it still sounds like Oscar's family is circling the wagons and trying to spin this as an intruder story. How in the world could someone be able to make those claims based on the above circumstances?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information