Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Ohio police post shocking photos of adults who overdosed with 4-year-old in vehicle

I don't know that taking the picture is the problem, it's posting it online that is disturbing and intrusive for the kid. Police take photos of "crime" scenes all the time and with the erratic driving, endangering themselves and others, and any potential liability claims from these smackies alleging the police knocked them out, it's smart to have photographic evidence of what they found. It only takes 5 seconds and hopefully they didn't leave the kid strapped in the car while the cops were choosing angry emojis to post with the pics.
    twitchy2.0 and panic like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I'm still in shock that those two aren't dead, especially the woman. She looks like a few days old corpse.

I'm so happy the boy is in a better place. I agree, though, that he should have been taken out of the picture. I'm not a heroin addict (I've never done anything stronger than pot in HS) so I can't speak to the scaring straight aspect, but I really doubt this is going to make many heroin junkies clean up their act.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Elite Member

I just do. not. get. heroin. At the point where you have to stick a fucking needle in your arm, doesn't it occur to you that that might be a bad idea?

I understand that some of it comes from pill addiction. And I'm fortunate that pills don't do a damn thing for me, not even what they're supposed to (I'd rather take ibuprofen - might be a problem if I ever have a serious illness or injury, they really don't kill pain at all for me.) But good grief, shooting something into your veins for fun? What the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I just do. not. get. heroin. At the point where you have to stick a fucking needle in your arm, doesn't it occur to you that that might be a bad idea?

I understand that some of it comes from pill addiction. And I'm fortunate that pills don't do a damn thing for me, not even what they're supposed to (I'd rather take ibuprofen - might be a problem if I ever have a serious illness or injury, they really don't kill pain at all for me.) But good grief, shooting something into your veins for fun? What the fuck?
    That's the difference between an addict and non addict. They're chasing that high, doesn't matter how it's achieved.

Child's bio mom gave an interview. She's a stripper with her own drug history and lost custody of all her children.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    This junkie bitch had a baby at 46 and so many of us are struggling.
    And now I am in tears and very angry. How can live be so so unfair... Did they even want a child?
    Kittylady likes this.

Elite Member

Apparently, the best birth control on the planet is having the desire to have a baby and the means to raise them. It's so unfair.
    MmeVertigina and Kittylady like this.

Apparently, the best birth control on the planet is having the desire to have a baby and the means to raise them. It's so unfair.
    Right?!?!?!

i know what you mean, but i actually totally "get" heroin and its appeal. it's actually the only drug whose effects seem interesting to me (you could probably get those with the right prescription drugs as well, though). i'd obviously NEVER actually try it, though. hell, i haven't even smoked pot.

the "fun" part - i think at that point it isn't for fun anymore. most heroin addicts have probably tried other drugs before, but keep looking for a stronger high. they're already addicted before they try, and then they're hooked.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Also, most (some anyway) heroin addicts don't start out shooting up, they'll smoke it or snort it. Usually by the time they've started injecting they don't really give a shit about needles or veins or the children in their cars.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    And now I am in tears and very angry. How can live be so so unfair... Did they even want a child?
    That 50 year old woman in the car was the child's grandmother who was just awarded custody six weeks before. Apparently the mother has substance abuse issues too. Hopefully the great aunt and uncle can provide him with a stable home and they live a few states away, which is good to keep him away from those other family members. Poor kid, he should just be given up for adoption now while he has a chance.

I'll take him. This is just sickening. Poor little guy. Lord knows what he's seen in his short life.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    That 50 year old woman in the car was the child's grandmother who was just awarded custody six weeks before. Apparently the mother has substance abuse issues too. Hopefully the great aunt and uncle can provide him with a stable home and they live a few states away, which is good to keep him away from those other family members. Poor kid, he should just be given up for adoption now while he has a chance.
    The first reports named her as his mother. Either way, this poor kid has been through the ringer with his bio mom and now grandmother. I read that the grandmother's sister or brother (can't remember which) now have custody. They stated they were blown away, they never had an inkling that the grandmother had an substance abuse issues.

You all have said everything I could about this. It makes me feel physical ill to see those pictures, truly heartbreaking.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

That's the difference between an addict and non addict. They're chasing that high, doesn't matter how it's achieved.
    They're chasing that first high, because nothing can compare to that first time and they keep trying and trying even though they'll never get it again and then it becomes less about the high and more about avoiding the withdrawl.

I fucking hate heroin. It's a scourge on society. Addicts lose all sense of right and wrong. The only thing they understand is getting more and they'll rationalize any crime against anyone because they neeeeeeeeed it, man! There's a guy that Bloke went to school with who had everything he could have wanted as a kid and threw it all away on heroin. I used to see him staggering up the street looking like a jaundiced extra from The Walking Dead around the same time every day as he made his way to his dealer. His family have tried over and over to help him and have been through hell, most recently when he vanished for a month or two and there were police appeals trying to find him, but every time they get him in to rehab or on a programme he goes straight back to it as soon as he can. It's a sad, sick, pathetic waste of a life.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

The first reports named her as his mother. Either way, this poor kid has been through the ringer with his bio mom and now grandmother. I read that the grandmother's sister or brother (can't remember which) now have custody. They stated they were blown away, they never had an inkling that the grandmother had an substance abuse issues.
    The grandmother ?!?!?!?!, that is almost worse than the mum.
    Makes me feel bad that I am always angry at my mum for giving the kids 'Lions' and other crap cereal for breakfast .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information