Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Nine Dead in Shooting at African-American Church in Charleston SC

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I'm sure they will try, but he said he wanted to start a race war. It will be pretty damn hard to spin.
    Awww he wants to be like Charles Manson, fucking piece of shit.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I still can't get over that his parents gave him the gun for his birthday. Is it possible they were not aware that he was a little boiling bomb of hate? How could he have hidden that? And if not, how can they justify giving him a tool capable of such destruction?
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Sadly I believe this is going escalate. About 20 years ago I had a class in cultural geography where we studied the census and predictive trends. We all laughed when the professor, a middle aged white man, said that by 2050 white middle class men will be a minority, and that they will not take it well. He asked us to think about how one who supported equal rights in the 60s may change their attitude when they found themselves on the other side. We all wrote our papers, but I'll bet not person in the class really thought the day would come that this would be true.

Now we look at birth records for 2014 and see that for the first time more Hispanic babies were born in California than white. Fortune 500 companies are becoming more diverse in upper management positions - there is still a long way to go but it is changing. Middle class white men are suddenly realizing that just going to college and getting a job will not guarantee them a career and position of leadership. They are threatened and starting to show fatigue. A black President is really driving their fear. They can make sexist jokes about women, but can't fully turn on us because they need us. So far Hispanics are growing in numbers but are not yet perceived as a threat to their livelihood. But black people are a threat and becoming better educated and are rightfully earning their positions of leadership. I fear we will see an increase in backlash and it makes me sad.
    I don't disagree, but I think we also need to take into account the kids now that will be middle aged in 2050. I believe the climate will be different then. My son is 15. He doesn't "see" color. Or sexuality for that matter. He doesn't get what the big deal is about gay marriage. He doesn't get the big deal over race, because many of his friends now are mixed race. His one friend is "Blasian." (their words). They are not overly religious. These kids are much more tolerant than when I was a kid. Now, I a talking from middle class, suburban Iowa, so I don't know what its like to live in the South. But I really believe the country will turn more progressive as these kids age and are able to get a voice.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I hope so

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I live in the South and the kids I know are just like yours Louis. They don't see color and they are all for gay rights, etc. There will always be exceptions and everywhere not just here where the parents are such assholes that they turn around and raise the same maybe until their generation takes over. That's what I look forward to in the future.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I don't disagree, but I think we also need to take into account the kids now that will be middle aged in 2050. I believe the climate will be different then. My son is 15. He doesn't "see" color. Or sexuality for that matter. He doesn't get what the big deal is about gay marriage. He doesn't get the big deal over race, because many of his friends now are mixed race. His one friend is "Blasian." (their words). They are not overly religious. These kids are much more tolerant than when I was a kid. Now, I a talking from middle class, suburban Iowa, so I don't know what its like to live in the South. But I really believe the country will turn more progressive as these kids age and are able to get a voice.

My 15 and 19yo boys are exactly the same. When gay marriage became a big thing on tv a few years ago, they were honestly confused what all the fuss was about and had no idea that gay people couldn't get married. Then they dismissed the subject with their best teenaged disgust and a "that's stupid" comment.

Still, when my 15yo describes someone at school to me, he never mentions color or ethnicity. He just says brown hair, brown eyes, skinny...stuff like that, but never race.
    KrisNine likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I hope so, but this kid is 21. He is one who will be middle age when the tide turns. The men who are becoming frightened now are raising boys and teaching them their fear. I do not beleive the bigots will win, but I do believe we will see things like this shooting as a result of whites losing the majority. It is easy for the current generation of white kids to not see color when they are still the majority. Let's hope they continue to feel that way when they are the minority and lose their white priviledge.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That's the thing. Just like the people at the pool party hat swear they weren't saying racist shit and all the fuckers on the Interent, these are adults and they are raising children to think this shit is okay. If my son ever ran his mouth in a racist or discriminatory way I would set his ass straight so fast but there are people that think their"silent" discrimination is okay. They don't think their kids pick up on their shit about illegals taking jobs, and to cuz they're "black" and welfare and xenophobic bullshit? If you look at the comments on most news stories you'll see that tolerance is in the minority. What percent of that can we write off as trolls? Hateful bullshit is everywhere, and people are openly and aggressively mocked for being against this crap.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I'm so sorry Bitter, I just hate this and these racists make me embarrassed to be white.

Omg, spot on.

Are they being serious? Michael Ian Black is a comedian that I thought was funny and hot, but he retweeted that.
    Looks like Michael Ian Black retweeted her for a reason other than supporting her point of view.

@AJDelgado13 As a columnist for the Miami Herald, can you please inform this ignorant celebrity what race the Boston bombers were?
    — Michael Ian Black (@michaelianblack) June 18, 2015

@AJDelgado13 I asked a simple question about race, not ethnicity. What race are they if not white?

@AJDelgado13 But please, continue with your implication that I'm being sexist by challenging you.

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Michael Ian Black Goes In on Twitter Re: Charleston Shooting

Ok, so I can like him again.
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Ok, so I can like him again.
    Michael Ian Black is a very smart, very sarcastic guy. I can see how people might not have seen his Tweets in context at first. By the way, his mom came out to the family as a lesbian when he was in his teens. I think he ended up pretty progressive politically because of it. And the same thing happened to Rob Cordry.
    Clubber Lang and SHELLEE like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I live between NV and Cal throughout the year and things are pretty progressive here, but while traveling for work back 2011 we were at a stop in Birmingham, AL and there were massive flash floods happening all around the state. We were staying at the same hotel as many families misplaced due to the floods. There was a black family that didn't get there early enough to get a room while there were still vacancies, so the hotel let them and some others camp out in the lobby.
    My husband and I started talking with the family and offered them one of the rooms we had originally for us, -we always two rooms while working, one for us and our daughter, and one for the nanny- but we all just roomed together that night to help out the large family. As we were talking to the family we looked around to see a group of white men in cowboy hats over by the bell desk staring at us and giving us all the DEATH STARE... Not just dirty looks, no, staring us up and down with absolute hate in their eyes. The father from the family we were talking with noticed first and excused himself to stand with some other black families waiting on rooms. While we started walking back to the elevators we noticed the men following us around and we eventually had to call security *just in case*.
    This was one of the most bizarre/frightening experiences I've ever had, truly fucking creepy and wrong on all levels. Now I'm not saying all of the South is like that, or even all of Birmingham, it could've just been a group of rouge, backwards, hate-filled asswipes making the whole town look bad. Either way, I've never forgotten this terrifying experience and my heart really goes out to that family and all others who've experienced racism.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

at least they had pink cheeks.

Something else that makes me wonder about this is just how normal racism seems to be for some people. I went to 4chan the other day when the picture was first released and there was a comment from someone who recognized him, had been shown the gun, had heard the guy say that he wanted to kill black people and thought the guy was just joking. Then the same story showed up in news articles from people he knew, went to school with, the roommate, etc. Nobody thought it was anything more than a joke. It's just what you say.

“They were just racist slurs in a sense,” he said. “He would say it just as a joke. … I never took it seriously,"

"Just" racist slurs.
    SHELLEE likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I haven't heard a racist spout any shit in my area but I'm sure they are out there just way underground because they are the minority now. Many years ago the fucking KKK had a rally in my town. The Grand Wizard died in a car accident on his way out of town. Poetic justice eh.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I spent way too much time reading about AJ Delgado last night. I realize now she wasn't even making a shitty joke, she really is a complete fucking idiot.
    Brookie likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information