Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Newark Woman Accused Of Dumping Emaciated Dog Down Trash Chute *GRAPHIC*

Love this story. I live about 10 minutes from this animal hospital and have brought my dog there twice for emergencies. Although a bit pricey, the staff was great.
    Honey likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Kisha Curtis pleads guilty in case of starved dog, Patrick

On Tuesday, 29-year-old Kisha Curtis, pleaded guilty to animal cruelty charges, reported New Jersey News 12.

Curtis is accused of abandoning her dog, later dubbed "Patrick," at a Newark, N.J., apartment complex back in 2011.
    The emaciated pit bull was found by a maintenance worker at the bottom of a trash chute, inside of the 22-story apartment complex in March 2011.
    Though Patrick had been starved to the brink of death, he rallied, and with time and a great deal of veterinary care, eventually made a full recovery.
    In January 2012, Curtis pleaded not guilty to the charges and refused a plea deal. Since that time, much to the dismay of those following this case, the trial has been repeatedly delayed.
    According to NJ.com, Curtis could spend up to 18 months behind bars, but it is unlikely that she will serve any time because this is her first offense.

Today, Patrick is the inspiration behind the wildly popular animal advocacy Facebook page entitled "The Patrick Miracle."

With over 260,000 fans, the page continues to educate, inspire and raise awareness to animal cruelty.

Kisha Curtis pleads guilty in case of starved dog, Patrick - National Dogs | Examiner.com
    sprynkles likes this.

Fuck her. I hope this follows her for the rest of her life and crops up every time she meets someone new or applies for a job and serves to make for some really unhappy and embarrassing moments for her.

Sweet Patrick looks healthy and happy.
    Sylkyn and Quazar like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

What a handsome boy! I hope he bites that bitch's face off.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

He's beautiful. Those eyes! And I love his little peace sign sweater, even though I'm usually opposed to dogs in clothing.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Such a sweetie. Sad part is he would just be glad to see her. She deserves the worst.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

She got a fine.

Patrick the Miracle Dog's Abuser Gets Probation, Fine | NBC Southern California

Patrick the Miracle Dog's Abuser Gets Probation, Fine

Patrick was found, near death, after his owner tossed him down a garbage chute

Thursday, Aug 29, 2013 | Updated 5:10 PM PDT

NBC 4 New York
    The woman who pleaded guilty to animal cruelty for starving a pit bull, stuffing him in a trash bag and tossing him down a garbage chute in Newark, N.J., must serve probation and pay restitution to the animal care group that helped rescue the pup. Lori Bordonaro has more

The woman who pleaded guilty to animal cruelty for starving a pit bull, stuffing him in a trash bag and tossing him down a garbage chute in Newark, N.J., must serve probation and pay restitution to the animal care group that helped rescue the pup.

Kisha Curtis, 29, pleaded guilty last month to fourth-degree animal cruelty on the eve of her trial. She was charged in March 2011 after the dog, named Patrick, was found near death.

At her sentencing Thursday, the judge said Curtis would be required to serve 18 months probation and forfeit her right to Patrick, who has not been in her care since he was found.

She'll also be required to pay nearly $2,000 to the New Jersey ASPCA, which gave the pup emergency care before he was moved to a veterinary hospital in Tinton Falls.

Curtis told NBC 4 New York her sentence was fair.

"I value the judge's decision, and I'm going to make moves in life to make sure that I don't make the same mistake again," she said.
    But animal advocates who packed the courtroom were disappointed by the sentence.
    "I don't think it really was appropriate," said Christine Newtown.
    In issuing the sentence, the judge said the dog survived and is now thriving, and the case led to tougher penalties for animal cruelty.
    Prosecutors had previously said Curtis likely would avoid prison because she is a first offender. The judge said Thursday she was unlikely to commit such a crime again.
    The jowly pooch, called Patrick because he was rescued just before St. Patrick's Day, was nursed back to health at an animal hospital. He has since thrived in recovery, and his story has gained nationwide attention.
    He has been living with a foster family, who told NBC 4 New York last year that he was "doing wonderful."
    "He's just a normal dog," said Patricia Smillie-Scavelli.
    Curtis said: "I'm happy he's healthy, I'm happy he's living, someone loves him."
    --Lori Bordonaro contributed to this story

Copyright Associated Press / NBC Southern California

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Stupid bitch should be locked up

Evil bitch should be punched in the face, repeatedly and really hard.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Curtis said: "I'm happy he's healthy, I'm happy he's living, someone loves him."
    Me, too, because you tried your damndest to keep that from happening, you worthless sack of shit. Fuck you.
    rockchick and Honeythorn like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I hope she somehow violates her probation and gets locked up. Patrick deserves this to happen.
    rockchick likes this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Can someone just find this sick bitch in a dark alley and beat the shit right out of her?
    rockchick and Honey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    Can someone just find this sick bitch in a dark alley and beat the shit right out of her?
    I would love to. No mercy for animal abusers.

I find it amazing that, after all he's been through, Patrick is still just the sweetest dog. He's just made of love and trust. You can read it on his face.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information