Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Natalee Holloway suspect Joran Van Der Sloot sought for murder in Peru

He's a manipulative son of a bitch. Knows what he's doing, knows it's wrong, does it anyway. Typical sociopath - no conscience, no regrets, no emotions. It doesn't matter where he's locked up or what he's accused of, I don't think anyone is going to get the truth out of him. He is unconcerned with the rest of the world, doesn't care how he's viewed, unsympathetic. Needs to be locked up for the rest of his life. I don't care where and I don't give a shit whether or not it's translated properly. Just get the fuck rid of him.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

The Peruvian station showed a letter from the Peruvian association of translators and interpreters which said it has no one who can translate from Spanish into Dutch.
    No, man. Fuck that.

The boy speaks English.

If they cannot find someone to translate, then they should force his family into having only English speaking (or bi-lingual, you know, Dutch and English) legal cousel.

The language of Aruba is not Dutch anyway.

I hate this kid. I really do.

^ Dutch is the 'official language' of Aruba.

As for Van Der Sloot I think we should cut his balls off just for fun.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

In that interview, van der Sloot told the Telegraph he wanted to "get back at Natalee's family. Her parents have been making my life tough for years."

Right. Because not telling what happened to their daughter on TOP of extorting the crap out of her family and living such a "tough" life for it makes you such a great guy, Joran. He's disgusting.

^ Dutch is the 'official language' of Aruba.
    I understand that, but it is not the only one spoken.

Aruba - People

Nearly everyone on the island is able to speak English and Spanish, in addition to Dutch, which is the official language of Aruba.
    My point is that it is a cop out for someone from an island where Dutch, English, and Spanish are spoken and even taught to schoolchildren to really need to demand certain translating requirements like he is.

Languages of Aruba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dutch has been the official language of the island for years as the island is a part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands , but Aruba has recognized English as an international language, and has required that children learn English as early as the 4th grade. Aruba's location off the coast of South America has also made Spanish extremely important. Students begin learning this as early as 5th grade.
    Joran does not deserve the folks in Peru bending over backwards to find a translator who can cover Dutch and Spanish just because Joran's family found an only Dutch speaking lawyer or what have you. That is bull crap.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    In that interview, van der Sloot told the Telegraph he wanted to "get back at Natalee's family. Her parents have been making my life tough for years."

Right. Because not telling what happened to their daughter on TOP of extorting the crap out of her family and living such a "tough" life for it makes you such a great guy, Joran. He's disgusting.
    i want to vomit listening to him he's quite clearly a serial killing sociopath I'm betting again there are dead prostitutes or the like in his past.

tough life is having it end on what should be a fun high school trip.

fgg

Natalee Holloway's mother meets with van der Sloot

(CNN) -- The mother of missing American teen Natalee Holloway met with the man suspected in her daughter's disappearance this week at the Peruvian prison where he is being held in another woman's death, attorneys for both sides said Friday.

Beth Holloway is in Peru with a Dutch documentary maker. Producers for the the Dutch journalist who is accompanying her posted a note on his website that said journalist Peter de Vries and the mother made a trip to Castro Castro prison to see suspect Joran van der Sloot.

Beth Holloway's attorney, John Q. Kelly, confirmed the trip in an interview Friday on NBC's "Today," saying "I know she was in Castro Castro (and) that she saw Joran."

Van der Sloot's attorney, Lima Maximo Altez, also confirmed the meeting, telling CNN that it took place on Wednesday -- female visitor day at the prison.

Altez said Holloway arrived with a group of Dutch journalists and asked to meet prison officials.

Altez said van der Sloot was brought to the meeting "practically by force."

Peru's "24 Horas" television program reported that Holloway spoke to van der Sloot for about five minutes before van der Sloot canceled the meeting because his lawyer was not present. The program reported that they spoke very little and treated each other well.
    According to Altez, Holloway told van der Sloot that she doesn't have any hatred in her heart towards him. Van der Sloot replied that he understood, but that he couldn't talk to her further, and handed her his attorney's business card, Altez said.

Holloway has not reached out to Altez, he said.

Kelly said Friday that Holloway didn't initially tell him about her planned trip to Peru until after she was already in the country.

"She just said she wanted to see Joran, she didn't give me any of the substance of what she was going to talk about," he said.

Kelly said he spoke to Holloway after she saw van der Sloot, but declined to give specifics about what she said about the meeting.
    "She's been very guarded," he said.

De Vries said the crew did not break any rules and prison officials knew of their visit.

However, Castro Castro spokesman Bruno Guzman told CNN Thursday that Holloway was never allowed inside the prison.
    De Vries denied media reports that prison authorities detained them and confiscated the documentary crew's gear. Kelly also shot down those reports.

"I know she definitely wasn't arrested. ... Nothing was taken from her. It was done without violating any laws or breaking any regulations," Kelly told "Today."

Early Friday morning, the receptionist at the Sheraton hotel in Lima, Peru, told CNN that Holloway was in her room, where she checked in by herself.

A woman in the room answered the phone in English, then immediately hung up.

Kelly told "Today" that he doesn't believe Holloway's purpose in meeting with van der Sloot -- whom he has called a "pathological liar" -- was to get answers out of him. Instead, Kelly said, "I think it was more to deliver the message that he might be in Peru but she hasn't gone away. She's determined to get answers, and you know, she wants to bring Natalee home."

Van der Sloot is imprisoned awaiting trial on a murder charge in the death of Peruvian student Stephany Flores.

Flores body was found in May in a hotel room registered to van der Sloot, which the two were seen entering on surveillance camera video.

He also is charged with a count of wire fraud and a count of extortion in Alabama for allegedly trying to extort more than $250,000 from Holloway's family in return for disclosing the location of her body.
    Natalee Holloway was last seen in the early hours of May 30, 2005, leaving an Oranjestad, Aruba, nightclub with van der Sloot and two other men, brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe. She was visiting the island with about 100 classmates to celebrate their graduation from Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama.
    Van der Sloot was arrested twice in Aruba in connection with the younger Holloway's disappearance, but was never charged.
    He has denied responsibility for her disappearance.

In a jailhouse interview with a Dutch television station this month, van der Sloot said he is remorseful for telling so many stories regarding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, but once again denied culpability in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    My point is that it is a cop out for someone from an island where Dutch, English, and Spanish are spoken and even taught to schoolchildren to really need to demand certain translating requirements like he is.
    Not necessarily. If I was ever charged with something, I don't care that Canada is officially bilingual in English and French, I'd want a trial in English or at least a good interpreter because I'd want to fully understand what's going on and I'm more comfortable in English. It's far better for him to have information in the language he's most comfortable in so the results of the trial won't be overturned later due to technicalities.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Not necessarily. If I was ever charged with something, I don't care that Canada is officially bilingual in English and French, I'd want a trial in English or at least a good interpreter because I'd want to fully understand what's going on and I'm more comfortable in English. It's far better for him to have information in the language he's most comfortable in so the results of the trial won't be overturned later due to technicalities.
    Good to know. I guess?

Have a nice day.

You too.

anyway... Some women have no taste. No surprise here:

Sloot's getting marriage proposals: report

AMSTERDAM Some women really go for the bad boy. Accused killerJoran van der Sloot says he's received several marriage offers from women while jailed in Lima, Peru, where he is awaiting trial for allegedly killing a young woman in his hotel room.
    "One of them even wants me to get her pregnant," De Telegraaf newspaper quoted Van der Sloot as saying.

QUITE THE CATCH -- Jailed 'killer' Joran Van der Sloot brags women want to marry him, and one even wants to have his baby,

(Rest of article just restates the case so far.)
    Sauce: Natalee Holloway suspect Joran van der Sloot boasts he's getting marriage proposals: report - NYPOST.com

I will never understand people like that.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Killer fantards. Oy.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Not uncommon. Didn't one of the Menendez brothers end up getting married in prison or something? It's kind of an interesting way to be married - you, over THERE; me, over HERE. See ya next week.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

wow the mother met with him, poor woman. i think she's been completely destroyed by what happened to her daughter but she keeps going somehow

Another very recent update. Van der Sloot had not been formally charged in all this time, and as late as August 18, people were speculating he was going to be set free without charge:

Van der Sloot in Trouble: Joran van der Sloot Charged in Peruvian Woman's Slaying - OrlandoSentinel.com
    Joran van der Sloot Charged in Peruvian Woman's Slaying

CNN/KTLA News 3:33 a.m. EDT, September 1, 2011

LIMA, Peru -- Peruvian authorities have charged Joran van der Sloot with murder in the case of the death of a Peruvian woman.
    Van der Sloot was arrested in June of last year, but was not formally charged until Thursday.

Prosecutors are asking for a 30-year prison sentence and a restitution of $73,000 to the family of Stephany Flores. They also charged van der Sloot with theft.

Charged alongside van der Sloot were three Peruvian drivers who allegedly helped him flee Peru into Chile. Prosecutors want five-year prison sentences for them and fines of about $1,800.
    Van der Sloot is now charged with the May 2010 killing of Flores, who was found dead in his Lima hotel room. Police say van der Sloot took money and bank cards from her wallet and fled to Chile, where he was arrested a few days later.

Earlier this month, Flores' family urged prosecutors to file their case, warning that van der Sloot could be released by December unless the case goes ahead. Under Peruvian law, if a suspect's trial doesn't begin within 18 months of his arrest, he is set free.

Investigators delivered their case file to prosecutors in June for a decision on charges.

No date has been set for trial.

Van der Sloot's attorney said that the defense was expecting the charges to be filed, given the high-profile nature of the case.

"We think 30 years is too much for this crime since it was an isolated incident without any further acts of violence," Luis Jimenez Navarro said. "We have had cases in Peru under similar circumstances that have gotten less than 25 years."

The next stage is a hearing in about 15 days where the defense will respond to the charges, Jimenez said.

Van der Sloot was once the prime suspect in the disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, who vanished while on a graduation trip to the Caribbean island of Aruba. He was arrested twice but never charged in connection with Holloway's disappearance, which remains unsolved.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    I understand that, but it is not the only one spoken.

Aruba - People

Languages of Aruba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joran does not deserve the folks in Peru bending over backwards to find a translator who can cover Dutch and Spanish just because Joran's family found an only Dutch speaking lawyer or what have you. That is bull crap.
    My family has a timeshare in Aruba and we have been going for 30 years. Children, begining at age 8, are taught Dutch, English, Spanish and Papiemento (the indigenous language of Aruba). He had 10 years of Spanish in school. He speaks it just fine, I am sure.

Thread Information