Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Munchausen Murder

I remember following the Facebook page about this when it first happened, then lost interest after a while.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Erin Lee Carr's New True-Crime Documentary to Air on HBO (Exclusive)

10:00 AM PDT 10/27/2016 by Gregg Kilday

Dustin Cohen
    Erin Lee Carr

'Mommie Dead and Dearest' focuses on a 2015 murder case in which a wheelchair-bound girl was charged with murdering her mother.

HBO Documentary Films will present director Erin Lee Carr’s new true-crime documentary Mommy Dead and Dearest in March, it was announced Thursday.

In her last film, Thought Crimes: The Case of the Cannibal Cop, Carr explored the case of Gilberto Valle, who was dubbed the "Cannibal Cop" by the New York tabloids. In her new film, she takes on another case that triggered lurid headlines, the case of Dee Dee and Gypsy Rose Blanchard.

Blanchard, who lived with her ailing, wheelchair-bound daughter, Gypsy Rose, was found stabbed to death in her home in Springfield, Mo., in June 2015, and her daughter was charged with the crime, which led investigators to discover a pattern of deception that involved child abuse and mental illness. The film, which includes exclusive prison access to Gypsy Rose, also examines the psychological condition known as Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

“I am thrilled to be back at home with the team at HBO to bring this incredibly complex case and tragic story to audiences,” said Carr.

In addition to directing Mommy Dead and Dearest, Carr produced the film along with Andrew Rossi. For HBO, Sara Bernstein served as senior producer, and Sheila Nevins was executive producer.

Erin Lee Carr's 'Mommy Dead and Dearest' to Air on HBO | Hollywood Reporter

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

i'll be there.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    ^according to the story, she wouldn't allow him to see Gypsy. They'd plan to meet, but dee dee would cancel or not show.
    . Dee Dee kept Rod updated on his daughter’s whereabouts and medical circumstances. She did this even as she told doctors and new friends in Missouri that he was a drug addict who had abandoned his daughter. Meanwhile, Rod and Kristy spoke to Gypsy pretty often. They always planned to visit, but “for one reason or another, it would never work out,” Rod said.
    i blame Rod the most for not trying harder. He had her address. If I had suspicions my daughter was in a bad situation, NOTHING would keep me away, and I would not rest until I got to the bottom of it. It was nice of him to pay child support and buy her a wii and everything, but geez, he hadn't seen her in over 10 years. That fits my definition of a deadbeat.
    sputnik likes this.

Well, Dee Dee seemed to move around a lot (doctor shopping probably) and that would be pretty hard to plan a trip around if it were several states away. Especially if D was lying about her whereabouts. Maybe the father was complacent sending money, talking occasionally to his daughter, and trusted her mother to take care of her.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information