Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Most Dangerous Cities in America

Ugh, Little Rock. Hate that place.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    ^ Me, also. Orlando / Kissimee is the scariest ass place,
    Quote Originally Posted by DAP View Post

Shocking that Chicago isn't up there in the top ten. Crime is concentrated in the southern part of town, but my is that part of town just creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    surprised washington DC isn't up there - the only city I've ever visited where I heard gun shots at night as I lay in bed in my hotel room
    What put's these cities outside the perimeters is that they all have large sections with little to no violence where it's safe to live and work.

DC would hit the top of the list if it was just Anacostia or SE DC. DC also has some utterly forsaken suburbs in VA and MD that don't get counted as city stats.

I'd love to see some stats on neighborhood violence, as opposed to city. But that would also bring unwanted attention to places like Orlando which would bring trouble to the crafted Disney illusion. I bet that list would include Miami, Houston, Johnston City Tenn, Charlotte NC, Newark and many other places.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

^ True. But I didn't feel unsafe in Miami. I feel the whole 'Miami Vice' and Cuban drug trafficking has really sorta been erased from the city's image. I personally felt like the streets there are always packed, we went to dinner at 11 and came out after 1am.

I found Baton Rouge 'projects' suburbs to be really dilapidated, perhaps visually negative looking, but the area to be pretty low crime and neighborhood watched.

OT I am fascinated with videos of Detroit lost neighborhoods with 1-2 people living on one road and the total social collapse of the city. What will ever happen to that place, nobody seems to care.

Yeah, new haven is a shithole
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    ^ True. But I didn't feel unsafe in Miami. I feel the whole 'Miami Vice' and Cuban drug trafficking has really sorta been erased from the city's image. I personally felt like the streets there are always packed, we went to dinner at 11 and came out after 1am.

I found Baton Rouge 'projects' suburbs to be really dilapidated, perhaps visually negative looking, but the area to be pretty low crime and neighborhood watched.

OT I am fascinated with videos of Detroit lost neighborhoods with 1-2 people living on one road and the total social collapse of the city. What will ever happen to that place, nobody seems to care.
    Lots of us who live around Detroit care. And, a lot of the photos out there don't show the grand old homes of the city, the downtown area, the two new sports stadiums for the Tigers and Lions, the great bars and still popular eateries. The media shows what they want to show - the blight, the poorer neighborhoods, abandoned homes, and yep there's all of that. Don't for a minute think that's all there is.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Lots of us who live around Detroit care. And, a lot of the photos out there don't show the grand old homes of the city, the downtown area, the two new sports stadiums for the Tigers and Lions, the great bars and still popular eateries. The media shows what they want to show - the blight, the poorer neighborhoods, abandoned homes, and yep there's all of that. Don't for a minute think that's all there is.
    The suburbs of Detriot are hopping still right? I have relatives in Farmington Hills & Wixom and every time I am there (which admittedly isn't super often) its busy as hell and very nice. I actually like Detriot...have had some great times there! Went to a restaurant downtown years ago that I still think was in my Top 3 best ever meals....Rattlesnake Club. Good times...

Yes Lynnie - the burbs are doing okay, but if you have the collapse of a major city, the burbs have a tendency to follow. We are all challenged by horrible real estate prices (I am under water on my house, as is everyone else in this entire area) and people are fleeing Michigan in droves to find employment anywhere they can. Detroit's government is in tatters - the former mayor in prison and blaming everyone else for it, now a new whistleblower lawsuit just came down against the current mayor's staff. Just when we think we're on the right track, something else happens to knock us back down. Detroit is a hardy city though and we have been through down times before. We have enough people who care and who are doing their best to make a difference. (Lead, follow or get out of the way.)
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

^^Yea, the trickle down from all the bullshit has got to hurt the entire region. And I hadn't heard about the Mayor!! Wow! Very sad to hear that...

But you are correct, Detriot is one hell of a tough city. I hope things better for the entire state soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I always scan these lists looking for Houston too! Surprise we ain't here, bitches!
    You need to work harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    No New Orleans woohooooooooooo
    You too.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by DAP View Post
    New Haven? For some reason, that surprises me.
    I have an uncle who lives up there and I went to visit him and my aunt (now deceased) with her daughter a few years back. What a fucking depressing town. Everyone seems to be laid off or on disability and strip malls with all-you-can-eat steakhouses permeate. I'm thinking folks would be to fat/bloated to rob anyone.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information