Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mom kills son, then self, at gun range

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Guns and religion...nice mix.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Marie Moore, centre, and her son Mitchell, left, speak briefly with a man in the next booth at the shooting range

Enlarge Then, the shocking moment Moore raises her rented gun and aims it at the back of her unsuspecting son's head

Enlarge Mitchell collapsed to the ground in a pool of blood as Marie lowers her gun - then steps back beyond the range of the camera and shoots herself

Enlarge The man in the booth next to the mother and son realises what has happened and yells for help

Mitchell slumped to the floor dead as his mother stepped back, placed the gun in her mouth and again pulled the trigger. She died a short time later in hospital.
    'I'm so sorry. I had to send my son to heaven and myself to Hell,' she wrote in a suicide note.
    In rambling and tearful audio messages recorded before the incident she said she planned her son's slaughter to save the world from violence.
    She said she heard God telling her: 'You have a gun. You can do it.'

Tragic: Mitchell Moore, who was shot dead by his mother, who believed she was the Anti-Christ

Happy: Mitchel with his girlfriend, Ashley Morales

'I have to die and go to hell so there can be a thousand years peace on earth,' she explained in the two tapes.
    'God's turned me into the Anti-Christ... I'm a good person, but the Devil and God turned me into the worst person in the world. I'm so ashamed. And I'm so afraid. And I'll pay forever and ever.'
    She adds: 'I'm sorry to leave you like this. It's a horrifying thing to do.'
    The entire horrifying scene was captured on a security camera.

Moore turns to speak to her son. She appears to be smiling at him - just minutes before drawing her gun and firing a single shot into his head

'I look and I see this kid collapsing, spitting up blood,' said eyewitness Bobby Davidowitz.
    Casselberry police Lt. Dennis Stewart said there had been no warning that Moore was about to execute her own son.

'Nobody knows why,' he said. 'There was no argument or anything before.'
    Police reports revealed that Moore had a history of mental illness. In her audio tapes, she talked of having spent long stints in psychiatric hospitals, and of the mental 'misery and torment' she suffered amid hallucinations that had her convinced at times that she was being buried alive, eaten by ants, burned at the stake and gassed.
    Enlarge In addition to rambling audio recordings, Moore left at least two suicide notes, addressing this one to 'King' - believed to be a boyfriend - and signing it 'Failed Queen'

Moore also addressed 'King' in this note, telling him she'd left $7,900 in cash in a green bag

She had apparently been barred from Shoot Straight seven years ago after trying to commit suicide there, her ex-husband - Mitchell's father - told police.
    An attorney for the firing range has claimed allegation is not true, one report said. But the claim, in addition to her history of mental illness, immediately raised questions as to how she had been able to rent a gun there.
    Moore also had two convictions for driving under the influence, which should have disqualified her from handling weapons.

The Shoot Straight gun range, where the tragedy occurred

Eyewitnesses to the murder incident said she had been acting 'hyper' and that she and her son appeared 'anxious with each other', with Moore pacing up and down and hovering nervously beside him minutes beforehand.

But she was also seen to be laughing at one point and swapping small-talk with a marksman in the lane next to theirs.
    Today Mitchel's friends left shocked messages on his MySpace page,

Pictured: The moment a deranged mother held a gun to her son's head and executed him at a firing range | Mail Online
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

That is horrifying. Damn,if you can't trust your own mother who the hell can you trust? That poor guy never saw it coming.

If I saw something like that I would be screaming, puking, running out of there and be traumatized for life.

Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that we're all looking at captures from the security camera of his last moments of life?

Like he had NO idea he was going there to die that day!

I mean he was just standing there...shooting at the target and then...he's dead...

I just can't imagine.

It's scary what some people are capable of.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

i'm just warped enough where i'm not bothered by it. i'm saddened by it, but thats about it. its sad that he had a fucked up mom and she chose to do this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Seeing those stills makes it all the more chilling.
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    That is horrifying. Damn,if you can't trust your own mother who the hell can you trust? That poor guy never saw it coming.
    She was mentally ill though. It's just a sad case all around.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Why did she have to take him out??
    Because she was a psychotic cunt.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Yeah, because crazy or bad people cause shit to happen all the time and people get hurt by them in many ways. Why are people more upset when someone is murdered by a gun vs. having their head chopped off? Andrea Yates or Susan Smith didn't use guns to murder their kids. OJ didn't use a gun to kill Nicole. That crazy guy didn't use a gun to cut off his 5 yr old sister's head right in front of the cops.
    Right, cause nobody was upset about those crimes.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    She was mentally ill though. It's just a sad case all around.
    That doesn't make me feel any more forgiving or sympathetic towards her...

What she did- mentally ill or not is just...beyond comprehension.

I'm not trying to rag on the mentally ill or anything but there are PLENTY of other mentally ill people out there who have a grasp of their illness and reality and don't blow their unsuspecting son's head off in a shooting range!

The only person I feel sad for is the boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Right, cause nobody was upset about those crimes.
    Greyhound was especially pissed

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    I'm not trying to rag on the mentally ill or anything but there are PLENTY of other mentally ill people out there who have a grasp of their illness and reality and don't blow their unsuspecting son's head off in a shooting range!
    Yes, but then there are the ones who don't have a grasp of their illness and reality. It all depends on what mental illness and the severity of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Yes, but then there are the ones who don't have a grasp of their illness and reality. It all depends on what mental illness and the severity of it.
    Okay, sure...

But in this particular case I feel strongly and do not sympathize with this woman.

My opinion is my opinion.

I can't really say anymore.

Wether or not she had a grasp on reality, she still knew what she was doing... She knew what her plan was, and the crazy bitch carried it out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information