Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Miami 'zombie' attacker may have been using 'bath salts'

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I don't think it is in any way ethical to make decisions like that. Palliative care? You're talking like he's got terminal cancer.

Maybe they shouldn't intervene if someone has a compound fracture or a heart attack either. Why have you chosen a line between life and death based on appearance? people DO survive brutal disasters/attacks/etc. Don't make the decision of whether or not his life is worth living.
    It's my opinion that if a guy shows up in an emergency room with half of his head eaten off, and his body bleeding out and vital signs rapidly declining, that they should let him die. Not shoot him, or give him a cyanide capsule. I don't think the prognosis is the same as someone who has had a heart attack or a compound fracture.
    holly likes this.

Good thing you're not a doctor. Lots of people who end up in Emergency come in in a very bad way. Emergency staff try to help them. They don't just let them die. That would be inhuman.
    shedevilang and Sojiita like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Good thing you're not a doctor.
    Agreed. I'm sure my physician relatives would side with you, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Agreed. I'm sure my physician relatives would side with you, too.
    You just can't make these decisions for other people in emergency situations. It is up to the person to make that decision. If he can't live with himself(if he survives) then he can end it. His choice, not mine, yours, or anyone besides him. If he can be saved, they have to try and save him.

Personally, I think it would be very very difficult to carry on with life after going through this-but that is just me. I think I would seriously consider suicide. But who knows what this guy may think?

*and fuck the relatives of the face-eater and their comments. He does not sound like he was such a great guy before this, and how inappropriate to make the 'he was such a great guy' lines and all.

I think I would be 'I am very sorry for what happened-he was way fucked up on drugs and it is terrible that he did this and threw his own life away as well due to drug use, etc.' or something like that.
    stef likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I've always been fascinated/horrified by cannibalism ever since I learned my great-uncle was on that ship in WWII that was torpedoed and the survivors (he was one) had to resort to cannibalism when they weren't discovered for quite awhile. He passed away a few years ago, but he refused to discuss it with anyone, even his wife.
    Did they wash up on a small island? I think I found a related photo (NSFL):

http://img255.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_459lo.jpg

I wonder if they pumped the cannibal's stomach to try and save some of the skin?

I've seen the pictures, and indeed the face is gone. There is one eyeball left, no eyelids or skin, the 2 slits where the nose used to be, and the beard is still there. Not sure if the lips are still there, but they're not visible in the picture. There appears to be little flesh left, just bone (although that's not really visible as it's all just red).

I do hope this man gets a face transplant or they find another way to fix his face, and I really hope he doesn't end up back on the streets. I just hope someone takes care of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    I wonder if they pumped the cannibal's stomach to try and save some of the skin?

I've seen the pictures, and indeed the face is gone. There is one eyeball left, no eyelids or skin, the 2 slits where the nose used to be, and the beard is still there. Not sure if the lips are still there, but they're not visible in the picture. There appears to be little flesh left, just bone (although that's not really visible as it's all just red).

I do hope this man gets a face transplant or they find another way to fix his face, and I really hope he doesn't end up back on the streets. I just hope someone takes care of him.
    At second glance, he appears to have his mouth up to his mustache. There seems to be some kind of respirator inserted in there. I don't think they can save any of the skin that was fully detached. There is probably a huge risk of infection, and it was probably rendered unsuitable for reattachment in the heat and with Rudy Eugene's bacteria mixed with it.

Gold Member

Didn't Charla Nash get her ripped off by that chimpanzee? That didn't stop them from saving her life plus she did get a new face out of it. So their is hope for him too if he makes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    It would be ruined by the bile.
    I hope he makes it, and he gets a new face.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Another sign of the pending zombie apocalypse:

Wayne Carter Threw Intestines At Officers After Stabbing Himself, Police Say

The Huffington Post | By Andy Campbell
    A New Jersey man allegedly cut out his entrails in front of police and then threw bits of his flesh and intestines at them.
    The gruesome scene played out at a home in Hackensack, N.J., where 43-year-old Wayne Carter allegedly barricaded himself in on Sunday, NBC New York reported.
    Officers got a call that morning when a witness said Carter was threatening to harm himself with a knife. Two cops responded, kicked in the door and found Carter in the corner, the station reported.
    Carter allegedly ignored officers' orders to put down the knife, and instead began stabbing himself in the abdomen, neck and legs.
    An attempt to pepper spray the bleeding man had no effect, the Associated Press reported.
    That's when Carter -- disemboweled but responsive -- reportedly threw bits of his skin and intestines at the officers.
    They decided to retreat and call in the Bergen County SWAT team, Hackensack police Lt. John Heinemann told reporters. The team was able to subdue Carter and get him to a hospital, where he remained in critical condition on Monday.
    Heinemann said he believes that drugs or mental illness may have led to the horrific incident, but those details haven't been confirmed.
    No charges have yet been filed due to the unusual nature of the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    They decided to retreat and call in the Bergen County SWAT team, Hackensack police Lt. John Heinemann told reporters.
    Sorry, I lol at this part because it reminded me of a scene from Monty Python.
    At least he didn't take anyone else out, just attacked himself.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

He's been homeless for 30 years, doesn't sound like he has any family that cares. Numerous arrests on his record. Who covers the bill for all of the surgeries? He has to get through the crucial stages where infection could easily take his life. Curious to see how this goes.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I'm a big zombie fanatic but I don't think this is some "zombie apocalypse" or whatever.
    It's all these crazy-ass designer drugs people are using to get high. I know here in Michigan were getting stories of kids taking "synthetic marijuana" and dropping like files or doing crazy shit and getting themselves killed. Even if bath salts or K-2 or whatever was made illegal, the junkies will find something to tweak on and we'll be getting fucked up stories like these sooner or later.

Though if corpses start popping out of the ground my ass is going to barricade the house with all the supplies I can gather.
    shedevilang likes this.

Holy shit :O this is the worst thread I've ever read on here. It's so disgusting. I can't comprehend what the victim would be facing right now. How fucked up on drugs do you have to be to eat someone's face jfc
    arie_skop likes this.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

I can't believe what I just read, that is disgusting and I can't believe it's real.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information