Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Miami 'zombie' attacker may have been using 'bath salts'

Uncensored picture at liveleak. NSFL obviously.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I don't think they should have tried to save Poppo - not in the condition he was in.

Letting people die because you don't like the way they look is generally frowned upon.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I don't think it's merely an aesthetic issue when you have no eyeballs, no nose, no ears, and no teeth. Those all have vital functional purposes that go beyond looks. This person required heroic measures to prolong what will be a truly miserable, pain-filled remaining existence.

As opposed to his fabulous existance living on the streets. He's not going to be in pain forever either.

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't think it's merely an aesthetic issue when you have no eyeballs, no nose, no ears, and no teeth. Those all have vital functional purposes that go beyond looks. This person required heroic measures to prolong what will be a truly miserable, pain-filled remaining existence.
    He did lose his eyes then? I read somewhere that he didn't. Oh god the poor guy.

Does Mr.Poppo have any family? I didn't see any mention of them in any of the articles. All I have read is Rudy Eugene's family saying bullshit like "he's not a face eating monster" & "we're not gonna let him go down like this". Phuc them. Bet they'd feel a lot differently if he was on the receiving end, or if he had done it to one of his own family members instead of someone they didn't know.

Wouldn't most people, if they had a family member that did this, be apologetic (even though they weren't involved?) If I had a relative that did this, you bet your ass I would be apologetic to the family of the victim.
    Last edited by holly; May 30th, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
    Kat Scorp likes this.

OMFG. A friend of mine has a friend that works in Jackson Memorial and I just saw the actual pics from the hospital. Nothing is left except his beard. No nose, missing eye, just a big blob of red face. Truly disgusting.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    As opposed to his fabulous existance living on the streets. He's not going to be in pain forever either.
    Even when the physical pain is over, and I'm not optimistic about that, I think it's going to lead to a lot of emotional pain -- no matter what kind of stuff they put him on.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    OMFG. A friend of mine has a friend that works in Jackson Memorial and I just saw the actual pics from the hospital. Nothing is left except his beard. No nose, missing eye, just a big blob of red face. Truly disgusting.

I NEVER want to see those pics! Nightmares for life!
    I wonder how the guy that came across this & everyone who treated this man are handling it. I would think it would be quite traumatic & definitely not something you could easily detach yourself from emotionally, like you learn to do with most patients.

Even when the physical pain is over, and I'm not optimistic about that, I think it's going to lead to a lot of emotional pain -- no matter what kind of stuff they put him on.
    Personally, I think it would be more humane to put him out of that misery, but that's just my opinion & if it was me, that's what I'd want, but IDK him or what he'd want.
    Sarzy likes this.

That is no reason not to try to save someone's life. Just because you feel his life has no value, does not mean he should die. I am not in favor of issuing emergency room personnel with firearms and a license to kill. You don't know what's going on inside the man's head and how he is going to feel as he heals. Disfigured people do not need to be euthanized.
    shedevilang and chartreuse like this.

-- Stephen Hawking

That is no reason not to try to save someone's life. Just because you feel his life has no value, does not mean he should die. I am not in favor of issuing emergency room personnel with firearms and a license to kill. You don't know what's going on inside the man's head and how he is going to feel as he heals. Disfigured people do not need to be euthanized.
    vouch all this to the eleventy
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

To the extent that emergency personnel would let a guy like this die, it would be to not intervene any more than provide palliative care. It's difficult to tell, after revisiting the pictures of him, just how messed up he is, and what kind of life he will be able to lead. Maybe he still has a functional eye, and can get a face transplant.

I don't think it is in any way ethical to make decisions like that. Palliative care? You're talking like he's got terminal cancer.

Maybe they shouldn't intervene if someone has a compound fracture or a heart attack either. Why have you chosen a line between life and death based on appearance? people DO survive brutal disasters/attacks/etc. Don't make the decision of whether or not his life is worth living.
    shedevilang likes this.

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information