Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Miami 'zombie' attacker may have been using 'bath salts'

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    unless the sharks were practising cannibalism.....

So, eleven hundred men went into the water. 316 men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945.

I read a great book about the USS Indianapolis. The captain was court martialed for failing to zig zag ( the Japanese sub commander testified that it didn't matter as he would have torpedoed him anyway) and Admiral Nimitz later remitted his sentence. He was besiged for many year with hate mail from survivors families, and he commited suicide later.
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Hey, your picture of Quint isn't coming up, but that was going through my mind also.

The captain of the Indianapolis had a very poignant ending. He shot himself to death in front of his house, while he was holding a sailor toy in the other hand. My dad worked for the Navy for a long, long time and it seemed like he was always telling me about some captain or admiral who had killed himself. They were the ultimate scapegoats for anything that went wrong.

There is a really good story here from a survivor. He talks about the moment when the ship was hit, all the way to being rescued. Guys were getting attacked by sharks, but a lot of guys died from delirium brought on by drinking saltwater. They would literally be telling other guys that there was an open commissary just under the water and then several of them would dive down with the delirius guy.
    Ever since Jaws, I have been very interested in the USS Indianapolis. It's a very sad story.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

This is so disturbing.
    There is a rapper that killed then ate some of his girlfriend while tripping on PCP. What is his name?
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

What? I haven't heard that one
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    unless the sharks were practising cannibalism.....

So, eleven hundred men went into the water. 316 men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945.

I read a great book about the USS Indianapolis. The captain was court martialed for failing to zig zag ( the Japanese sub commander testified that it didn't matter as he would have torpedoed him anyway) and Admiral Nimitz later remitted his sentence. He was besiged for many year with hate mail from survivors families, and he commited suicide later.

Was that "In Harm's Way?" I read that. Very moving book.

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    What? I haven't heard that one
    I found it. I know people hate wikipedia, but this is what I found. His name is Big Lurch.
    "
    On April 10, 2002, 25-year-old Singleton murdered Tynisha Ysais in her Los Angeles, California, apartment.[3] Her boyfriend Thomas Moore testified that he and Singleton spent the evening prior to the murder smoking PCP.
    The victim was found in her apartment by a friend. Her chest had been torn open and a three-inch blade was found broken off in her shoulder blade. Tooth marks were found on her face and on her lungs, which had been torn from her chest. An eyewitness reported that, when Singleton was picked up by police, he was naked, covered in blood, standing in the middle of the street and screaming at the sky. A medical examination performed shortly after his capture found human flesh in his stomach that was not his own.[1]
    On November 7, 2003, Singleton was sentenced to life in prison.[3] He had been convicted of murder and aggravated mayhem the previous June after pleading not guilty by reason of insanity at the time of the murder. The court ruled that his intoxication and claimed insanity were not satisfactory reasons for committing the crime, after a court-appointed psychiatrist had evaluated Singleton and reported that he had no reason to believe he was of unsound mind. Some evidence casts doubt on whether Big Lurch actually committed the murder, according to the 2011 documentary Rhyme and Punishment. Particularly, a bloody hand print on a scooter used to inflict blunt trauma to the back of the victim's head did not match his prints. Additionally, the scene contained DNA that did not match Singleton or the victim.[citation needed] Currently, it is not known whether he will ever be eligible for parole."

I have Ocean of Fear about the USS Indianapolis on DVD. It's from the Discovery Channel. It's very interesting.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Some evidence casts doubt on whether Big Lurch actually committed the murder, according to the 2011 documentary Rhyme and Punishment. Particularly, a bloody hand print on a scooter used to inflict blunt trauma to the back of the victim's head did not match his prints. Additionally, the scene contained DNA that did not match Singleton or the victim.[citation needed] Currently, it is not known whether he will ever be eligible for parole."
    "Pay no attention to the pieces of my girlfriend found in my stomach! I was framed!"

I've been searching for a while and can't find the name of the ship. I remember reading about it on the internet several years ago and my great-uncle's name was listed on the survivors list. Maybe I'm thinking about the wrong war? But I don't think so. My husband said Indianapolis too, but I'm pretty sure that's not it. And it was exactly what someone said above, he and the other survivors made a pact to never talk about it to anyone. And he never did. My dad was really close with him and he asked him about it a few times, but he would kind of go in a trance and get really angry (talk about PTSD). I'll have to ask my dad when I see him.

Ugh and I thought the Tokyo Chef penis story was bad but this is fucking worse (unbelievably so ). And all the talks about cannibalism and zombies and shark attacks are not helping.

While I was searching for my great uncle's ship, I came across this horrible article (it's scary how much crap comes up when you google cannibalism): Boy 'skinned and eaten' by his cannibal cult family | Mail Online

(sorry, still trying to figure out how to copy and paste shit on an iPad)

Boy 'skinned and eaten' by his cannibal cult family after being held captive in a cellar
    By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    Last updated at 12:59 AM on 21st June 2008

Comments (0)

An eight year-old boy was skinned and his flesh fed to cannibal relatives after his mother kept him locked in a cellar, a court has heard.

Evil Klara Mauerova - a member of a sinister religious cult - wept in court as she admitted torturing her son Ondrej and his ten year-old brother Jakub.

The court also heard allegations that relatives had partially skinned eight-year-old Ondrej and then eaten the raw human flesh.

The two boys told how their mother and relatives had stubbed cigarettes out on their bare skin, whipped them with belts and tried to drown them.

Enlarge*
    Horror: Klara Mauerova, left, and Barbara Skrlova with Jakub and Ondrej

The court heard how the family had sexually abused them and even made them cut themselves with knives. They said they were kept in cages or handcuffed to tables and made to stand in their own urine for days.

The sick abuse was discovered when a man in Brno in the Czech Republic installed a TV baby monitor to keep watch on his newborn child.

But it picked up a signal from an identical monitor next door showing one of the victims beaten, naked and chained in a cellar.

Sick Mauerova is understood to have intalled it so she could gloat over her victims' suffering from the comfort of her kitchen.

Enlarge*
    Held: Barbara Skrlova in the wool hat after her arrest in Norway

Police were called, and the boy and his brother, as well as what appeared to be a 13-year-old girl were freed.

At that time police did not realise the 13-year-old, who had been formally adopted, was really 34-year-old Barbora Skrlova - one of the children's torturers.

She later ran away to Norway but was found earlier this year by Czech cops who brought her back to the Czech Republic to face trial.

Her "brother", eight-year-old Ondrej, had been locked and chained in the cellar by his mother Klara for months.

He had been gagged so he could not scream and beaten as well. It later emerged his brother Jakub had also been abused.

Mauerova has admitted abusing her children but she said she had been manipulated by her sister Katerina and Skrlova.

All three of them had been part of a cult called the Grail Movement which claims to have hundreds of followers in Britain as well as tens of thousands of others worldwide.

Katerina Mauerova and Skrlova and another relative are all accused of involvement in the abuse of the boys.

The court has also heard claims that the abuse of the boys was co-ordinated by a man known only as the "Doctor" who sent mobile phone text messages to the Mauerova sisters telling them how to abuse the two boys.

Local media have said that the sinister figure could be one of the leaders of the Grail Movement the women were involved with.

Read more: News | Mail Online

Sorry, that is the worst copy and paste ever.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    this story is just too sick for words. can you imagine what the victim must have felt like when this guy came up to him and started to eat him alive? holy shit.
    I can't even imagine...as mentioned downthread, I hope he was either unconscious or so high/out of it that he didn't know what was going on.

I'm sure it was indescribable, but the circumstances of the attack seemed to indicate that both guys were naked - in broad daylight, and in the Miami - tempreature, which was around 90 this past weekend. I think they were both high and delirious. At least, I hope the second guy was, too, since that might have helped him not realize what was going on....
    I hope so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    This is the sickest thing I've heard since the beheading on the bus in Canada. Gruesome.
    I remember that too! That was so sick, all those poor people on that bus that had to see that & the poor guy who the dude decapitated...

I think I stand half corrected. There is a photo on another site showing Rudy Eugene (the assailant) lying naked face down (dead), next to his victim, who is only dressed from the waist up. The whole face area is just one red blob. Luckily, it's not a close up, but still disturbing.
    I heard there is a pic of the guy's "face" making it's rounds on the internet. I will not be clicking that link!!! I don't want nightmares for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I read this story over the weekend and almost vomited. I can't get the mental picture of the assailant being held at gunpoint by a cop, told to stop by said cop, look at cop with a mouthful of face hanging out of his mouth and then growling at the cop. And then go back to chowing down. What the fuckity fuck?!?
    It made me ill at my stomach too. I had to quit reading the story & go back later to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I wonder if the victim had passed out while high? Not to simplify matters, but who the fuck would be complacent about having their face eaten off? If I were conscious, I'd be fighting like hell well before 75 - 80% of my face went down someone's gullet.
    Good point, & hopefully he was not aware of what was happening to him & didn't feel pain.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I found it. I know people hate wikipedia, but this is what I found. His name is Big Lurch.
    "
    On April 10, 2002, 25-year-old Singleton murdered Tynisha Ysais in her Los Angeles, California, apartment.[3] Her boyfriend Thomas Moore testified that he and Singleton spent the evening prior to the murder smoking PCP.
    The victim was found in her apartment by a friend. Her chest had been torn open and a three-inch blade was found broken off in her shoulder blade. Tooth marks were found on her face and on her lungs, which had been torn from her chest. An eyewitness reported that, when Singleton was picked up by police, he was naked, covered in blood, standing in the middle of the street and screaming at the sky. A medical examination performed shortly after his capture found human flesh in his stomach that was not his own.[1]
    On November 7, 2003, Singleton was sentenced to life in prison.[3] He had been convicted of murder and aggravated mayhem the previous June after pleading not guilty by reason of insanity at the time of the murder. The court ruled that his intoxication and claimed insanity were not satisfactory reasons for committing the crime, after a court-appointed psychiatrist had evaluated Singleton and reported that he had no reason to believe he was of unsound mind. Some evidence casts doubt on whether Big Lurch actually committed the murder, according to the 2011 documentary Rhyme and Punishment. Particularly, a bloody hand print on a scooter used to inflict blunt trauma to the back of the victim's head did not match his prints. Additionally, the scene contained DNA that did not match Singleton or the victim.[citation needed] Currently, it is not known whether he will ever be eligible for parole."
    He (or someone) hit her with a SCOOTER?

Oh well - I didn't need to sleep tonight anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    He (or someone) hit her with a SCOOTER?
    This kind

Razor Scooters Vancouver | Scooters for Sale | Simon's Bike Shop

They fold. Pick it up and swing it like a bat.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    This kind

Razor Scooters Vancouver | Scooters for Sale | Simon's Bike Shop

They fold. Pick it up and swing it like a bat.
    Thanks. I was picturing this:

here's a daily mail article. thanks god the pictures are censored but since you can see the naked bodies it's NSFW anyway (mohandas, you were right, the victim was naked, too).

Revealed: Homeless man whose face was eaten by the Miami cannibal in horrific attack as photos of his injuries emerge

• Rudy Eugene, 31, tore into victim's face with his teeth and growled
    • Police believe he may have taken 'bath salts,' a potent new drug
    • Images have been released of Ronald Poppo, 65, recovering in Miami hospital
    • 75 per cent of victim's face chewed off in 'some of the most horrific injuries staff have ever encountered'

By Christine Show, Louise Boyle and Emily Anne Epstein
    PUBLISHED: 23:29 GMT, 29 May 2012 | UPDATED: 08:12 GMT, 30 May 2012

Injured: This undated booking mug made available by the Miami-Dade Police Dept. shows Ronald Poppo, the victim in a horrific face-chewing attack in Miami

The victim of an unthinkable act of violence in Miami this past weekend has been identified as graphic images emerged of his injuries.

Police say that Ronald Poppo, a 65-year-old man, was viciously attacked by Rudy Eugene, 31, on Saturday in the shadow of The Miami Herald's headquarters.

Mr Poppo's attacker was killed at the scene after he refused to stop eating Mr Poppo's flesh, growling at officers after they demanded he stop.
    Police believe both Eugene and Mr Poppo were homeless.
    Mr Poppo is currently recovering from the attack in Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center in a serious condition suffering from 'some of the worst injuries staff had ever encountered'.
    CBS reports that officials now believe a highly potent drug called 'bath salts' is to blame for the attack.

Emergency room doctors at Jackson Memorial Hospital said they have seen an increase in incidents related to the drug, which is referred to on the street as 'the news LSD.'

'We noticed an increase probably after Ultra Fest,' said emergency room Dr. Paul Adams, at Jackson Memorial Hospital to CBS.

When people take bath salts, Dr Adams said, their temperature rises to an extremely high level, causing them to rip off their clothes and become aggressive in a state of extreme delirium.

Some have been known to use their jaws as a weapon of attack, Dr Adams said, and they become 'extremely strong.'

'I took care of a 150 pound individual who you would have thought he was 250 pounds,' Dr. Adams said to CBS.

'It took six security officers to restrain the individual.'

Dr Adams said that the new drug is not only a danger to those who take it, but also emergency responders who must restrain the drug-addled abusers of it.
    WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Down: A side view shows the naked attacker shortly after he was shot dead by police

'It’s dangerous for the police,' Dr Adams said.

'It’s dangerous for the fire fighters. It’s dangerous for the hospital workers taking care of them because they come in, they have to be restrained both chemically and physically and you’re asking for someone to get hurt.'

He added that as the body toll of this new trend of drug rises, the drug dealers that push it will be held liable for the attacks.
    The Medical Examiner's Office is expected to perform an autopsy and toxicology screening to determine whether Eugene really was under the influence of drugs when he went on the attack and what he had taken.

'He had his face eaten down to his goatee. The forehead was just bone. No nose, no mouth.' (JFC )
    Sgt Armando Aguilar

But as more information comes out regarding what may have caused Eugene to attack Mr Poppo, images of the victim's face reveal the extent of the damage.
    Images of Mr Poppo - all of which have not been confirmed by police as genuine - have surfaced online showing most of the victim's face removed.

'He had his face eaten down to his goatee. The forehead was just bone. No nose, no mouth,' said Sgt. Armando Aguilar, president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police.
    Sgt. Javier Ortiz, vice president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police, said it was one of the bloodiest 'and goriest scenes I've ever been to.'

Horrific: Only Mr Poppo's goatee remains, left, after the attack, right, in these pictures which MailOnline has chosen to heavily censor

Caught: Surveillance footage shows the two naked men after the attacker was shot by police

The Miami Heraldreports that Mr Poppo has been homeless for some time, at least since 1983, and has a long history of arrests.

He was arrested at least 24 times since 1978, mostly for drinking in public and trespassing, but also a handful of felony arrests for burglary, assault and resisting arrest.

More...

Friends and family of Eugene have come forward claiming that the North Miami Beach High School graduate 'was not a face-eating zombie monster.'

Brutal: Rudy Eugene, 31, pictured in an old police mugshot, was shot dead by police in Miami, Florida yesterday following the horrific attack where he ripped pieces of flesh from his victim's face

'The Rudy we know was a nice gentleman with a warm smile and funny. He’s not like that at all,' former classmate Victoria Forte told The Miami Herald. 'We are going to do our part as his friends to not let him go down like this.'

Long-time friend Cassandra Metayer said that Eugene was the son of Haitain immigrants and he grew up in Miami Beach.
    He played football and married Ms Metayer's cousin Jenny Ductant in 2005, but divorced two years later.

However, the couple's divorce records, obtained by The Miami Herald, show that he had no income.

'I wouldn't say he had mental problems but he always felt like people was against him ... No one was for him, everyone was against him,' Ms Ductant said to WPLG-TV.
    She said that over the course of their relationship, Eugene became increasingly violent towards her.
    'That's why I left,' she said, adding that the two hadn't spoken in the past three to four years.

Ives Eugene, who identified himself as Rudy Eugene's uncle, described his nephew as a 'nice and hard-working' man who washed cars at a local dealership.

He said his nephew had asked his girlfriend to borrow her car, but she said no. 'So he rode the bicycle, and he never came back home,' he said.
    Florida Department of Law Enforcement records show Eugene was arrested a number of times in the past few years, once for battery, trespassing, and four times for marijuana related charges.
    SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

Down: Surveillance footage shows the two naked men lying on the walkway next to a major Miami highway, and since the left body never moves, he is the victim whose face was being chewed by the right man

In 2004, he was arrested for threatening to kill his mother.
    'We could hear him yelling and throwing things inside the house,' said Mike Pons to WPLG-TV, one of the North Miami police detectives who arrested Eugene.
    'He wasn't cooperative, wouldn't follow orders, very belligerent,' Detective Pons said. 'He had that thousand-yard stare, staring right into you, not assessing or understanding what the commands were.'
    Eugene was one of the first people ever to be tasered by North Miami Beach police, needing to be shocked with a stun gun three times to be subdued.

Witness: Larry Vega was cycling off the MacArthur Causeway on Saturday afternoon when he saw the savage attack, which he described as 'the most gruesome, traumatic thing I have ever seen in my life'

A cyclist described the terrifying moment he witnessed Eugene tear pieces of flesh from another man's face at the side of a freeway before being shot dead by police when he refused to stop.
    Larry Vega, from Miami, was cycling off the MacArthur Causeway on Saturday afternoon when he saw the savage attack, which he described as 'the most gruesome, traumatic thing I have ever seen in my life'.
    He told WSVN: 'The guy was like tearing him to pieces with his mouth and I told him to get off. But the guy just kept eating the other guy away, like ripping his skin.
    'A police officer came over, told him several times to get off then climbed over the divider and got in front of him and said, "Get off!" But the guy just stood his head up like that with a piece of flesh in his mouth and growled.'
    Still alive: The attacker moves and sits up even though he had already been shot, and police continue to shoot him until he finally dies on the scene

Mr Vega said Eugene continued to eat his victim's face so he was shot repeatedly.

Images taken from a Miami Herald surveillance camera show the legs of the two men lying beneath a freeway underpass.
    Mr Vega described the crime scene - which he compared to a horror movie: 'It was just a blob of blood. You couldn't really see, it was just blood all over the place.
    'It was one of the most gruesome things I have ever seen in my life in person. You know, you see these things in the movies but when you see it in person, it's pretty traumatic.'

Hero: A police spokesman called the officer who repeatedly shot the attacker 'a hero'

Armando Aguilar of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police told WSVN: 'What's happening is whenever we see that a person has taken all of his clothes off and has become violent, it’s indicative of this excited delirium that's caused by overdose of drugs.
    'What's happening is inside their body their organs are burning up alive.'
    A woman notified a police officer nearby that she had seen two men fighting, witnesses told The Miami Herald.

In the barrage of gunfire, the naked man was killed, collapsing face-down on the pedestrian walkway right by the Herald's parking garage.
    Javier Ortiz, a police spokesman, said that based on information he's received, the officer who fired the shots 'is a hero and saved a life'.

Growing concern: Police cars gather as the situation progresses

There were no weapons found near the two naked men, leading them to believe that the attacker used his own strength to subdue his victim.
    'There are other ways to injure people,' Sergeant Altarr William told The Herald.
    'Some people know martial arts, others are very strong and can kill you with their hands.'
    MacArthur Causeway is a major route that connects downtown Miami to popular South Beach.
    Traffic clogged the area for hours as people used the route to descend into South Beach for Urban Beach Week, an annual festival dedicated to hip-hop music.
    Tragedy: The naked man was shot dead by police near The Miami Herald newspaper's parking garage after he wouldn't stop eating the victim

Issues: The victim was in hospital as traffic was clogged for hours as people used the route to get to the annual Urban Beach Week festival (pictured)

"This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information