Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Massive Search for Kyron Horman, 7, Who Disappeared from School

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    That's the thing, isn't it? I remember being a little kid and having some guy call me over to his car. I went over and he was wanking. I laughed, my friend laughed, but when I went home I said nothing. My friend told her parents, who called the police, who in turn called my parents. It turned into nothing but at the end of the day I remember this as a weird and odd situation that I suppose could have turned into something awful.
    (I think I mentioned this before) but when I was about 11 I was on my bike a few blocks from my house and a guy in a car tried to grab me into his car. I yelled and managed to get off the bike, and a guy watering his flowers stopped and looked, and the guy took off in a squeal of tires.

Who knows what could have happened. Who knows if this guy ever did get a kid?

This did mess me up for a long time, cause I already knew I was gay at the time, and I because this guy tried to grab me(a boy), I somewhat associated being gay with being like this pervert. This is the kind of shit that these perverts cause even when they fail at what they do-they still can traumatise kids for a long time.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I would be a wreck if that was my kid. I wouldn't be going to the gym just days later, so yeah, I'm judging too. Hell, I'd probably be out searching every single day. I get sick thinking about it. Kids are so innocent and trusting.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I was drilled by my overly protective parents to NEVER go into a car or go with anyone I didn't know. Even then I didn't tell my parents. Weird how kids react to things.

But I don't think there are any more sick pervs now than there were 50 years ago or 100 years ago or even 10 years ago. I think we just hear more about it. At the end of the day your kids are more likely to be abused or snatched by soomeone you know, the same as it's always been. Stranger danger is completely overblown.
    Yeah, I'm not sure it's any worse ... the world was full of pervs from the dawn of time.

But still, now that we know about how prevalent abuse is (in general with a known or unknown person) I think it's normal to teach our children about those dangers. Maybe my parents were negligent or something but abuse or how to deal with approaching strangers was NEVER discussed.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Weirdly, even though we all know that an abuser is most likely to be a family member or family friend it seems we don't talk to our kids about this. I certainly haven't, although I did have a friend long ago when I had the first heathen who I just felt was....weird around the heathen so kind of eased that friendship out of my life. I could never put my finger on what it was that bothered me but something definitely did bother me so I did what I did. I may have been completely wrong but something gave me an odd feeling about this person.

Well, a local alternative weekly is saying that the investigation is focusing on the stepmother. No other media have picked up the story so who knows. I will feel kind of rotten if it turns out to be someone else since there is just so much speculation that she had something to do with his disappearance.

| Willamette Week | Friday, June 18th, 2010 the search for 7-year-old Kyron Horman continues, one of the most puzzling aspects has been rescue teams’ repeated and intensive searches of Sauvie Island.

The island is more than five miles from rural Skyline Elementary School, where Horman was reported missing June 4. But rescuers on horseback, on foot and in dive teams have repeatedly scoured the island beginning around June 10 and continuing this week — even after Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton called off other major search operations last Sunday.

WW has learned that federal, county and city law-enforcement officials say the reason for the search of Sauvie Island is that cell-phone records reveal Kyron’s step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, may have been on the island the day he disappeared.

And as searchers comb the island, law-enforcement officials say the investigation is increasingly focusing on the step-mother, because of problems with her account of what she was doing the day Kyron went missing.

This information comes from five separate law-enforcement officials from agencies at the city, county and federal level. To our knowledge, none is directly involved with the investigation.

But several said they’ve heard the same or similar accounts from multiple officials in the law-enforcement community. All agreed that Terri Moulton Horman has become a main focus of police attention because of problems with her story.

Four of the sources say they’ve heard Horman’s story doesn’t jibe with her cell-phone records from June 4.

Cell phones send off a signal called a “ping” to the nearest cell-phone tower when the phone is in use. With the help of cell-phone companies, law-enforcement officials and rescuers can use those signals to locate people (there’s an explanation from the Chicago Tribune here).

Horman has been the source of public speculation since early in the investigation. She reported seeing Kyron last in a school hallway about 8:45 a.m., when she says she was leaving him at the school and he was on his way to his homeroom.

Skeptics latched on to the fact Horman wrote on her Facebook page she was “hitting the gym.” To some, that seemed out of character for a parent with a missing child. Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office officials explained at a news conference that they’d told the family to continue their normal routine and try to stay healthy.
    Last edited by Tati; June 18th, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Rut roh Rastro....

Had a BIG feeling this was coming....hope they can crack her and find this kid already. Though I highly doubt it will be a happy homecoming....

Elite Member

I haven't posted in this thread because it upsets me too much. There is something about the photo of this sweet, kinda dorky looking kid and how excited he looks in the photo. That people do things like this to kids is unfathomable to me.

The step mother's actions since his disappearance are suspect, that's for sure. The poor kid seems to have had bad luck with family members, seeing his uncle is a pedophile and was arrested and charged with child molestation last year.

^^SHUT UP! Well that certainly is interesting too....hmmm

Yeah, that little munchkin looks positively edible. I think because he looks so endearing people have been so touched by this story. Poor kid. I really, really hope he's ok but it doesn't look good.

The uncle was arrested last year (brother of the father) and sentenced yesterday. He molested his own daughter. The uncle's wife had protection orders against him for several years. If the immediate family had nothing to do with this then they are having one hell of a rotten year.

I'd also like to know where the older kid is, the son of Kyron's stepmother. He moved out of the home to live with his grandparents a few months back and was apparently on a camping trip with his biodad when Kyron went missing. No sign or word of him. I'm wondering if he has something to do with this.

I really wish I could stop obsessing about this story.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    The step mother's actions since his disappearance are suspect, that's for sure. The poor kid seems to have had bad luck with family members, seeing his uncle is a pedophile and was arrested and charged with child molestation last year.
    oh god no too much too much.

Her actions were suspicious from the beginning but the cell phone thing is starting to seal it for me. Hope I'm wrong.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

There isn't any confirmation on cell phone pings, although it's been speculated about for days (God, I know way too much about this case). This seems to be something of a confirmation, although since other media aren't touching it I'm not sure what to believe. Then again, I highly doubt a paper, even an alternatively weekly, would print something like this without having it properly sourced. It's worded in a way that it's just word-of-mouth from sources but still, they could be in a lot of legal trouble if they didn't source it properly so I doubt they haven't.

--Sinclair Lewis

Wait so the uncle is a pedo and another son went missing months ago? WTF is up with this family?

Yes, the uncle is a pedo but no, the son didn't go missing. He moved out of the house that Kyron lives in (his mum, Kyron's dad his stepdad) and moved in with his grandparents. He was away on a camping trip when Kyron went missing but there has been absolutely no word about him at all. Also, he was into horses (he's 16 or something like that) and Kyron's father, I think, at one point told the police to search a particular ranch. It was mentioned early on but never again. Weird.

--Sinclair Lewis

Sorry but going to the gym and exercising just hours after you've reported your child missing is fucked. I know that people grieve in different ways but I imagine in that situation one would be completely devastated and unable to even sleep, let alone, put on your trainers, workout gear, and hit the gym for a great workout. WTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I yelled and managed to get off the bike, and a guy watering his flowers stopped and looked, and the guy took off in a squeal of tires.
    That is crazy. Glad nothing happened to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    There is something about the photo of this sweet, kinda dorky looking kid and how excited he looks in the photo. That people do things like this to kids is unfathomable to me.
    Yeah, I agree. Esp. when it's a parent. because you know kids put so much trust and faith in their parents... just imagine him leaving with her thinking whatever story she's telling and then... that.

Were their cell phone pings around the island? Is that why they are searching that area?

Wonder what her cell phone records were on that day. Wonder if he had a life insurance policy or something..?

I think she went to the gym a few days after he went missing, along with the father. Which is bizarre to me. If you look at the maps of where they're searching and where the school is and where they've asked for video you can see it's a specific area laid out and likely one where a phone pinged.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information