Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Massive Search for Kyron Horman, 7, Who Disappeared from School

Syd

True, buttmunch. I doubt you could pry me away from the phone/house. And with all the grief and stress, it's hard to imagine having the strength to work out.

I'm not judging them. I just think it's odd.

Uh.....I'M judging them. This was DAYS after the kid went missing under extremely suspicious circumstances---how in the world can they possibly just go about their days like 'normal', which is what it APPEARS they were doing. I mean HELLO? I'd be a fucking disaster..would probably be out looking myself, trying to get word out and praying for his return, AND yet still sit by the phone. Sure, I don't know exactly how I would act/deal with it, but come on....I sure as hell know I wouldn't be doing ANYTHING that wasn't related to finding my kid.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm kind of judging them, particularly after looking at her FB page (before it went private) and seeing that she was playing games (although, to be fair, I'd probably be playing something mindless on the computer to kill time), 'liking' people who sent her messages of good will, yet didn't change her avatar from her daughter (whom she had labeled her 'real' daughter) to the missing poster, which everyone else had done. It was all very odd, very odd indeed. Don't want to point fingers but something smells extremely fishy. Everyone reacts differently and sure, the coppers told the family to go about their business as normal but damn, go to the gym? Both the stepmum and the dad? No one home to take that call or be there when it comes? Very strange. I'm with you, Lynnie, I'd be a puddle of misery.

Also, having watched the Press Conferences the bio-mum could barely stand up. She just had tears leaking down her face and looked like she was holding her stomach so she wouldn't vomit. The stepmum blinked alot and looked 'woeful'. Could have been her contacts, maybe was not.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

This has probably been mentioned but how long had she been his stepmother for?

I just know that one of these times when I click on this thread for updated info, it will be the time when his body has been found.

I just hate these cases. How people can kill these little kids is just beyond my comprehension. They just have to be human monsters. And they can just lie and lie and lie and try and cover it up...after killing a child! How could you do that? How?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

The exercising may mean nothing at all. People react in different ways. Some people would just be frozen and unable to do anything and other people would find they'd have to do something, anything to be busy like the kind of people who clean and scrub under stress.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    The exercising may mean nothing at all. People react in different ways. Some people would just be frozen and unable to do anything and other people would find they'd have to do something, anything to be busy like the kind of people who clean and scrub under stress.
    But I think they are saying that they are not doing either extreme..neither collapsed and immobile, nor in frantic activity. I would understand either of those extremes-extreme reactions to an extreme situation. But it seems they are saying that what she is doing is just so normal, like nothing happened, which does just seem 'off'..ya know?

Of course I am not God or anything so I am not saying they did it or anything...just do not know.

but I just have a strong feeling that the child is long dead.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I just know that one of these times when I click on this thread for updated info, it will be the time when his body has been found.
    So do I. Have to brace myself every time. I can't comprehend how a person could hurt a child. And this just has that feel of plotting & planning to me. Poor kid. Hope it's over soon for his family who love him & that every single person who had anything to do with it or knew anything about it before during or after get whatever punishment is possible.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    This has probably been mentioned but how long had she been his stepmother for?
    Since he was a baby.

I just hate these cases. How people can kill these little kids is just beyond my comprehension. They just have to be human monsters. And they can just lie and lie and lie and try and cover it up...after killing a child! How could you do that? How?

I'm like Lynnie. Every day I check to see if they found him and every day that passes it's more likely he's dead. Really awful, this whole thing. At this point, does anyone want to see him turn out like those kids that are snatched when they're young and turn up years later, having spent a decade or more with an abuser? I guess it's better to be alive but damn, it would not be easy to have a normal life.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post

Fair enough, it may mean nothing but wouldn't at least one parent stay at home to be there if the call came through? It just seems odd that both went to the gym at the same time and then got quite pissed when reporters found them and asked about things. I know we all react differently but as a parent I can't imagine both me and mr butt going to the gym for an hour or two, together, while the kid was missing. What if he came home during that time? It's not been five months, it was five days after he went missing. It does seem odd.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

You know there is no hope for this little boy, but there is always a just maybe this time...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I hope there is a 'maybe this time'. This story, for whatever reason, grabbed me and has me in it's thrall. I don't know why, other than to say that the heathens are just slightly older and I CAN NOT imagine going through this. Not for me, but really for them. I would give my life before I'd be able to stand by and see them suffer and this story just breaks my heart. Other stories like this have not had the same impact but this one, I don't know, it's freaking me out. Maybe because he's so damned goofy and cute and obviously a dork...I love that in a kid and I just would lvoe for him to be found safe, although I know it's probalby not going to happen. I just hope there's resolution, not years upon years of stories popping up every so often 'what ever happened to Kyron Harmon'. That would be horrible.

--Sinclair Lewis

I check constantly too, with the same fear / dread.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I'm like Lynnie. Every day I check to see if they found him and every day that passes it's more likely he's dead. Really awful, this whole thing. At this point, does anyone want to see him turn out like those kids that are snatched when they're young and turn up years later, having spent a decade or more with an abuser? I guess it's better to be alive but damn, it would not be easy to have a normal life.
    That's weird, I was thinking the same thing this afternoon. As a parent, do you start to think death is more merciful? Especially as day after day goes by and you imagine every kind of horror and suffering. IDK, the thought of my child's pain going on and on and on ... would drive me mad.

That's the thing, isn't it? I remember being a little kid and having some guy call me over to his car. I went over and he was wanking. I laughed, my friend laughed, but when I went home I said nothing. My friend told her parents, who called the police, who in turn called my parents. It turned into nothing but at the end of the day I remember this as a weird and odd situation that I suppose could have turned into something awful.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    That's the thing, isn't it? I remember being a little kid and having some guy call me over to his car. I went over and he was wanking. I laughed, my friend laughed, but when I went home I said nothing. My friend told her parents, who called the police, who in turn called my parents. It turned into nothing but at the end of the day I remember this as a weird and odd situation that I suppose could have turned into something awful.
    Jesus the world is loaded with some sick pervs.

Maybe since you were with a friend he didn't dare do more.

I'm glad nothing more happened.

I was drilled by my overly protective parents to NEVER go into a car or go with anyone I didn't know. Even then I didn't tell my parents. Weird how kids react to things.

But I don't think there are any more sick pervs now than there were 50 years ago or 100 years ago or even 10 years ago. I think we just hear more about it. At the end of the day your kids are more likely to be abused or snatched by soomeone you know, the same as it's always been. Stranger danger is completely overblown.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information