Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Massive Search for Kyron Horman, 7, Who Disappeared from School

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Every morning I wake up and see if there is an update on this one....I am strangely obsessed with this case too. And I almost hate to update the thread since I don't have anything to actually add, other than I am anxiously awaiting the latest info...which there doesn't seem to be any. FIND THIS KID ALREADY. Can't take it!

Me too
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I*ve been reading another board that is very into this. They're kind of crazy on the board but a wealth of info. I need to stop reading about it, though. I'm getting obsessed.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

What are they saying Butt??

Syd

Yeah, butt. I'm obsessed with this one too. What are they saying?

I don't know if anyone has this Kyron Horman: Timeline of events since boy's disappearance | OregonLive.com , it's suppose to be a constant update of the timeline.

I don't know about the middle and elementary school I went to, but I know damn well they didn't care when you were in high school. We skipped all the time and my parents never knew, usually we went to play sand volleyball at the park or went shopping. We had four classes a day my senior year, four on one day, a different four the next day, repeating. I was lucky enough to be able to skip two classes altogether because I hadn't failed anything. So on one day I would have a full day of classes, and the next only two, one of which was study hall and didn't matter if I went anyway. So I had only one class every other day, which I scheduled as photography which means I could be gone "on assignment" as long as I called my teacher and let him know I was going to take photographs someplace. So essentially, every other day was an off day for me. We also stayed up really late at a friend's house the day after the Super Bowl when our team won and the next day we woke up and took turns calling in the office and acting like each other's parents. It was about thirty kids, one call right after another, just passing the phone to each other. Then we went and had breakfast and stayed out the whole day. We all had cars, and I don't think our parents cared anyway as long as we made good grades. I actually had a freaking awesome high school experience, it seems like many parents "hover" much more these days. As long as I kept bringing home legitimate A's, my parents didn't seem to care much. They did scold me sometimes and I made sure to let them know where I was if I was going to be late or miss dinner, but that's about that. They gave me a lot of freedom in those days, good memories. And sometimes I ended up just going to school around 11 out of boredom and to see friends.

As for this little kiddo, I don't have a good feeling about this one. Never do. I just hope he's not suffering and if he has in fact passed, that it was quick. Poor little guy, I will never understand people.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    I don't know if anyone has this Kyron Horman: Timeline of events since boy's disappearance | OregonLive.com , it's suppose to be a constant update of the timeline.
    Thanks for that----was wondering if anyone actually SAW him in school and it wasn't just the step mom saying she took him there. Also good to know they have searched the school really close....the pond search near his house is a bit troubling though...

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Thanks for that----was wondering if anyone actually SAW him in school and it wasn't just the step mom saying she took him there. Also good to know they have searched the school really close....the pond search near his house is a bit troubling though...
    This is where it gets so sticky though, since eyewitness accounts aren't always accurate. If that one person who thinks they saw him at school between the time the stepmom left and classes started and is wrong, then the whole investigation is fucked. That changes everything. Eyewitness accounts are seldom reliable, in my opinion.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I*ve been reading another board that is very into this. They're kind of crazy on the board but a wealth of info. I need to stop reading about it, though. I'm getting obsessed.
    Webslueths? I always browse there now if there is a crime I'm interested in. They are pretty loopy but they find out lots of stuff.

"Shelby said Horman’s parents weren’t notified when he was marked absent because Skyline doesn’t use an auto-dialer which calls parents to report the student is absent. Shelby said the school doesn’t use such a system because it doesn’t have problems with attendance."
    Police looking for missing Skyline Elementary student | KATU.com - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional

That makes no sense whatsoever.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

There is no autodialer when my kids are absent, the secretary calls me.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Exactly. Use a human to man the phones. Especially since it's a small school.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Webslueths? I always browse there now if there is a crime I'm interested in. They are pretty loopy but they find out lots of stuff.
    Yeah, websleuths. Came across them by accident while reading about this kid. Crazy mods over there make me think our mods are kind of sane. Interesting theories being brought up and basically every bit of info you'd want to read about this thing. Can't bring myself to join, though. They are kind of...different.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Just now reading about this story.

Why in the hell did the school not notice he wasn't in class?

Stepma posting about exercising is beyond weird.

He was in the school early to show the stepmother his project. She said something to the teacher about him having an appointment. She says she meant the following week, the teacher thought it was for that day. Stepmum says she left him walking towards his classroom at around 8.45. Conflicting reports on whether he was seen after that, although one report has him being seen at around 9am, but the coppers are not saying where or by whom. Very, very, very little info being given out on this. Stepmum acted oddly the first week or so, particularly on her FB page and going to the gym with her hubby, the bio-dad. They were filmed by a local tv crew coming out of the gym, but got angry and drove away in a hurry. I don't know who did it but I can say for sure that if one of the heathens were missing I'd be at home, by the phone, by the door, just waiting for the kid to come back or for any news and while people react differently I cannot imagine leaving the home for a workout when I didn't know where my kid was. I don't think I'd be able to eat, sleep, watch telly or do anything other than come here and argue with all you lovely people.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information