Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Massive Search for Kyron Horman, 7, Who Disappeared from School

But if the police had these damaging e-mails from the step-Mom about Kyron, why was only Kaine told about them? I would assume both parents would be given this evidence, not just the Dad. Something stinks all around with this trio. Not sure who to point the finger at, and the cops must feel the same, or they would have charged someone by now.

Bad deal all around.

Are the emails public anywhere yet?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I remember the unusual behaviour of BOTH Kaine and Terri Horman when Kyron first went missing. Both went to the gym days after Kyron disappeared and here is a video where they ignore the media when a reporter approaches them.
    Former detective: Parents

No doubt it's hard to hypothesise what is "normal" behaviour under these circumstances, but you can tell that reporters are hinting that this behaviour is very unusual. If there is a missing family member, the family usually tries to get the media onside so that there is a greater chance of getting the message out there.

Also, in the very first press conference, Kryron's biological mother (Desiree) is clearly distraught and holds her stomach. I got the impression she was trying not to throw up. She also had tears constantly streaming down her face and dripping off her chin. In comparison, both Kaine and Terri looked far more stoic and (from memory) Kaine spoke clearly and calmly.

I really hope Kaine was not somehow involved in Kyron's disappearance. Maybe he isn't, but is guilty of knowing that Terri treated Kyron very poorly and he did nothing to stop it.
    I don't blame Desiree in distancing herself from Kaine.

I don't think the emails are public (yet) but I found a little more detail about the rift. The plot thickens...now Terri was an alcoholic but her husband never knew.

The mom's version:

Desiree: Terri hated Kyron, blamed him for failing marriage

by Anne Yeager, KGW
    Posted on November 15, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    Updated yesterday at 5:28 PM

MEDFORD, Ore. -- In an exclusive interview on NBC's Today Show, Kyron Horman's mother said she thinks the missing 7-year old's step-mom could have hurt her son "in the worst way."

Desiree Young appeared on Today Monday morning. She talked about explosive emails that police showed her just last Friday. Sources told KGW that the emails were sent from Terri to an extended member of the family in the weeks just before Kyron's disappearance.

"I now believe without a shadow of a doubt that not only is she (Terri) capable of hurting Kyron, but that it's clear she could have hurt him in the worst possible way, " said Young, as she struggled to talk through the tears.

But what were in those emails?

Young said she couldn't go into specifics because of the ongoing investigation. But she didn't hold back about the ugly picture she said the emails painted.

"It's very clear from Terri’s horrible words that she had a severe hatred for Kyron and that she blamed a lot of the marital problems on Kyron," said Young.

Kyron Horman went missing from Skyline Elementary School on June 4th. While Terri Horman has not been named as a suspect, she has clearly remained the focus of the investigation.

Desiree Young and Kyron's father Kaine Horman have long provided a united front in the search for their son. But on Monday, Desiree indicated she was seriously disappointed with Kaine for failing to share with her information of Terri's alleged issues with alcohol.

"I just can't stand by and support the choices that he's making. He had several opportunities to let Tony (Desiree's husband) and I know what was going on and he did not, " she said.

"We learned all of this information after the fact and from the media. He had several opportunities to let Tony know, and I know, what was going on, and he did not, she said."

Kaine held a press conference late Monday morning. He said he could not comment specifically on anything Desiree said during the Today Show, because he did not watch the interview. But he did confirm that he got the same information about Terri's emails from police on Friday as Desiree.

When specifically questioned about Terris' drinking, Kaine said it took him a long time to realize the depth of her problem and that his now-estranged wife was in many ways, "a master of deception."

In her interview on Today, Young also said that she tried to get custody of Kyron a year before he disappeared, but Kaine would not allow it. Young said Terri even called her on the phone to urge her to take over custody of Kyron because he was so upset.

"He (Kyron) was exhibiting some problems in school, expressing a lot of sadness, and upset at the situation. Kyron on many occasions said he wanted to live with me, " she recalled.

NBC's Meredith Vieira ended the interview by asking Desiree if she still has hope that Kyron is still alive.

"I will until the day I die, " said Young.

Desiree: Terri hated Kyron, blamed him for failing marriage | kgw.com | KGW Local News | Portland, Oregon

The dad's response:

Kaine Horman: Terri is a 'master of deception'

by Michael Rollins
    Posted on November 15, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    Updated yesterday at 1:14 PM

PORTLAND -- Kaine Horman had harsh words Monday morning for Terri Moulton Horman, speaking at the 'Wall of Hope' hours after Kyron Horman's mother Desiree Young lashed out at Terri in an interview on NBC's Today show.

"We're dealing with someone who is a master of deception, misdirection, and she's bringing it forward in spades," Kaine said of Terri during a press conference at the boy's 'Wall of Hope.'

Kaine said that, since the investigation began, he's heard directly from friends and family about conversations they had with Terri.
    He said he realized too late, after he and Terri were no longer together, that she was crafting an image of her relationship with him and children in their household that was untrue.

Kaine told reporters that a good example of Terri's deception was her alcoholism. She hid it from him well, he said.

"It's only the tip of the iceberg" of her flaws, he said.

On the Today show, Desiree Young said Kyron hated going back to Portland after visiting her in Medford, something she wishes she had seen as a sign of trouble. She and Kaine talked about the boy's emotions, she said.

At the press conference, Kaine said he had not watched the Today Show and was filled in by reporters.

He acknowledged the boy's unhappiness about moving between the two homes. Kyron would be unhappy about it, but Kaine said he considered the child's behavior a normal part of separation anxiety.

He and Desiree spoke about the child's emotions but Kaine said it was not something he thought required a change in custody arrangements. At the end of the summer when Kyron returned to Medford for a weekend, he said he would rather stay in Portland, Kaine said.

Kaine said Kiara misses her brother. She used to read while sitting in a bean bag chair, and Kryon would sit on the bed and read. She still sits on the bean bag to read, wondering why her brother is not there, he said.

Kaine Horman: Terri is a 'master of deception' | kgw.com | KGW Local News | Portland, Oregon
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

They are looking for him again. Doesn't look like they expect to find a live child, either.
    Search Resumes For Missing Oregon Boy Kyron Horman - FoxNews.com

The search for missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman resumed Sunday when]investigators began searching two rural Portland roads, Fox12Oregon.com reports.
    At least 40 rescue workers and a handful of search dogs are taking part in the effort, Multnomah County sheriff's spokeswoman Mary Lindstrand told the station.
    Lindstrand reportedly said that the search comes after authorities received new information in their investigation. She also said the warmer weather now makes it possible to search those areas with dogs.
    Eight-year-old Kyron was last seen alive on June 4, 2010, when he attended a morning science fair at Skyline Elementary School.
    Search teams scoured the areas between his home and school for days after his disappearance. They've also made numerous trips to Sauvie Island to search the murky waters.

Deputies have never revealed whether any clues have been found. They also have never formally named a suspect in the criminal investigation. Kyron's biological parents, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young, insist stepmother Terri Horman is somehow involved in their son's disappearance.
    Terri Horman, 40, said she accompanied her stepson to school early June 4 in her white pickup truck. She said the two previewed the school's science fair exhibits -- along with other parents and children-- before Kyron's first class was to begin. Terri then reportedly posted a picture on Facebook of the smiling boy standing in front of his tree frog exhibit.
    She called 911 at approximately 3:45 p.m. after Kyron, who was last seen wearing a black T-shirt with the letters "CSI," failed to return home on his school bus.
    Questions arose over the truthfulness of Terri Horman's account after she was asked by authorities to take a polygraph test twice. Her cell records also didn't match where she said she was on the day Kyron disappeared. The child's biological mother, Desiree Horman, later called on her to "fully corporate with the investigators" to bring Kyron home.
    But Lindstrand told FoxNews.com last month that Terri Horman was "never in custody" and investigators are still pursuing all leads in the case.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

makes me so sick to my stomach, poor angel

I wish they could just find him already. I know in my heart it will be a body and not a live little boy, but atleast he can be given a proper burial and his family can have some sort of closure. Poor little guy...it's sickening to think about it.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Year Later, Desiree Young Still Points Finger At Terri Horman - Portland News Story - KPTV Portland

Year Later, Desiree Young Still Points Finger At Terri Horman
    Desiree Young: 'I Really Don't See (Terri Horman) Letting Him Live'

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The mother of Kyron Horman says in the weeks leading up to his disappearance, life inside his home was falling apart and he was becoming his stepmother’s target.

Kyron vanished from Skyline School almost one year ago. Investigators say he was last seen by his stepmother, Terri Horman, at an early-morning science fair.

Desiree Young, Kyron’s mother, said she believes Terri Horman took Kyron from the school and then set a plan in motion to get rid of him.

“I think that it was one of those things where everything worked out that day, but if something had derailed her, I think she would have given up what she was doing. But I think because everything fell in line, she continued with her plan, her checklist,” Young said.

Young and her husband, Tony Young, live in Medford and before he went missing, Kyron’s homebase was in Portland with his father, Kaine Horman, and Terri Horman.

Young said that Terri Horman blamed the boy for her troubles.

“She blamed Kyron for a lot of her and Kaine's marital problems. She blamed Kyron for a lot of stuff that was going on in the house. It was becoming very tense and it all came down to the weekend. It came down to that day and she was very angry,” Young said.

Large-scale ground and aerial searches followed in the days after June 4. Local, state and federal agents joined in the effort to find the boy, but never disclosed whether they found any clues to Kyron’s whereabouts.

The criminal investigation has since been reshaped into a task force, according to the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.

No one has been named a suspect or person of interest in the case, although the investigation has focused on Terri Horman.

Over the past year, Young has voiced her belief that Terri Horman was involved in the disappearance and lied to investigators.

Young said Terri Horman told her something chilling after failing her first polygraph test.

“I was sitting in the recliner in the living room and she leaned over the chair and said, 'I want you to know, I loved your son.’ And I flipped out. I told Tony, ‘You better get me out of this house or I'm going to kill her,” Young said.

On June 28, Kaine Horman filed for divorce and a restraining order against Terri Horman. Terri Horman has since moved in with her parents in Roseburg.

Young admits she drives through Roseburg to keep an eye on Terri Horman, and has even held candlelight vigils in front of the home.

FOX 12 stopped by Terri Horman’s parents' house in Roseburg but no one answered the door.

Until there is proof to the contrary, Young said she will always have hope that Kyron is alive. But she is prepared for the worst.

“I pray every day that he comes home. I want him to walk through that door. I want to hold him again. I want to make it all OK. But I think that Terri, the way she felt and what she put in writing, I really don't see her letting him live. I don't anymore,” Young said.

Now, nearly a year later, Young focuses on raising money for searches and keeping her son in the public’s eye.

She said she never thought she would go this long without an answer.

“I expected to get that phone call on the way up there that night. I expected them to find him within minutes,” Young said. “Yeah, it makes me angry and there are days I don't feel like I can make it without him. But I have to because if I don't, who's going to?”

Copyright 2011 by KPTV.com. All rights reserved.
    This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Wow, a year. Poor kid...poor parents.

I still think about this case from time to time...just hoping there is some closure for them. They deserve that.

Bumping...

The father of this sweet boy was just on Inside Edition. He hasn't given up looking for Kyron....but the last 14 months have been absolute hell for him (and his ex wife--the bio Mom). He lost 40 lbs. He said that his other ex wife is still refusing to speak to police.

I just wish they could find this kid...give them all some closure. Heartbreaking.

Yea,...this case bugs me. Something really stinks with all of the involved parents/step parents in my opinion. I wish they could at least find the poor boy. Very sad case...

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Missing Portland boy's mother sues boy's stepmother for $10 million | KING5.com Seattle
    KGW Staff
    Posted on June 1, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    Updated today at 2:50 PM

PORTLAND -- The mother of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman, Desiree Young, filed a $10 million civil lawsuit Friday against Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmom, in connection with the boy's disappearance two years ago.

In a Friday news conference, Young's lawyer Eldon Rosenthal explained that the statute of limitations for filing a civil lawsuit in the case was two years. Monday, June 4 will be the two-year anniversary of Kyron Horman's disappearance from Skyline Elementary.

The lawsuit asks the court to compel Terri Horman to disclose Kyron's location. It also includes two claims, one for custodial interference and one for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Rosenthal said the lawsuit would enable him to subpoena witnesses, acquire documents and evidence and "peel away the mystery" of what happened to Kyron.

Young fought through tears as she read a prepared statement Friday.

"My family and I are living through a nightmare that most families cannot even imagine," said Young. "My Kyron has always been my comfort and my joy. I will forever have a hole in my heart because he's not here."

"I haven't been able to see my son, hug him, kiss him or tuck him into bed" in nearly two years, she said. "Not a day goes by that I don't think of him."

"I pray for the phone call every day that he is coming home. I hope that I am wrong but I fear he is gone forever. I believe that Terri Horman knows where Kyron is."

“This is a great development,” Kyron’s father Kaine Horman later said. “Its another effort that can go out and bring out more information.”

“It’s another avenue that applies pressure,” he said. “There are a lot of people out there, I think, that can contribute to the questions. “

"We’re still standing up and active. We keep busy,” Kaine said of how his family is doing.

Young said she believes the criminal justice will do its part, but until then she is filing a lawsuit against Terri Horman.

Young said the $10 million in damages would be dedicated to parents of other missing children.

"I don't want Terri's money. I want Terri to face justice," she said. "Through this process, I hope to compel her to face responsibility for what she has done."

The lawsuit asserts that Horman kidnapped her stepson, Rosenthal said.

"I believe we will be able to prove what happened in this case," he added.

Kyron disappeared two years ago from Skyline grade school, leading to the largest search effort ever conducted in Oregon.

Kyron's stepmother, Terri Horman, was the last person to see Kyron alive, investigators said.

Horman has retained a lawyer for nearly two years and has refused to talk with detectives since then.

Nobody has been named a person of interest or a suspect in the case, but Young and Kyron’s father, Kaine Horman, have both said they believe Terri Horman had something to do with his disappearance.

Friday morning Multnomah County Chief Deputy Jason Gates said the case was still open, and tips were still coming in. He said detectives have not forgotten Kyron.

“We are in this profession because we care about our community. We care about people,” he said. “If there's a case I'd love to solve; it'd be this one."

Kaine Horman continues to spread the word about his son’s disappearance, nearly two years later. He planned to hold a series of running events, called “Run for Kyron," Saturday at Tigard's Cook Park.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Wow, 2 yrs since he vanished.

Good for Mom, as hard as it probably is.

^ Yeah, it really sucks that she has to go the civil route, but I can't blame her. Two years and no sign of her son or an arrest of the person they feel is responsible--it has to be frustrating and heartbreaking beyond belief.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ Yeah, it really sucks that she has to go the civil route, but I can't blame her. Two years and no sign of her son or an arrest of the person they feel is responsible--it has to be frustrating and heartbreaking beyond belief.
    Unfortunately, according to a bunch of legal analysts who were on TV yesterday, the result of this trial will be that Terri Horman will assert her 5th amendment rights (against self incrimination) to each question she is asked.

I thought you weren't allowed to plead the 5th in a civil trial, but one of the attorneys said that you can do it if the answer might compromise you in a possible future criminal trial.

Thread Information