Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Massive Search for Kyron Horman, 7, Who Disappeared from School

I don't see the sign-language as being an issue. Neither my mom or we siblings are hearing impaired, yet my mom taught us all how to sign. IMO, it's like speaking a second language.

^^I don't see it as an issue either. We played around with sign language when my daughter was little.

Damn, why do I keep confusing this woman with Sarah Palin when I read descriptions of her? Well, except for the true love a children part.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

fgg

Police Narrow Investigation in Case of Missing Kyron Horman

By Elaine Aradillas
    Thursday September 16, 2010 08:35 AM EDT

Police in Oregon are moving the investigation into Kyron Horman's disappearance to a smaller task force, while cryptically promising to reveal surprising things about the case when it is finally resolved.

Having spent $1 million on the investigation since Horman went missing more than three months ago, Multnomah County police are assigning it to a task force of 8-10 detectives from different agencies, including a member of the FBI, sheriff Dan Staton said Wednesday.

Staton, who choked up several times while speaking at a press conference, added, mysteriously, that police have uncovered information in the case that they wish they didn't know about.

"I think there will be things that will come out of this investigation that will surprise you, that you'll think about later on, after it's over," he said. "We have a knowledge of things we don't want to know about. We have knowledge of things we wish we didn't."

Staton defended the amount of money spent on the case. "We threw everything we possibly could at this because it involved a school and it involved a child," he said. "We've closed enough doors in the course of this investigation to bring it down to a scale where we can target specific elements that we need to bring a successful conclusion to this."

Kyron, who turned 8 last Thursday, vanished June 4 from his Portland-area school. He was reportedly last seen by his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, who has often has been a focus of the investigation.

Kyron's parents, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young, are scheduled to appear Thursday on The Oprah Winfrey Show to discuss the case.

Wait, they have knowledge of things they wish they didn't?? WTF? What in the hell does that mean? Can't they make an arrest based on that info then?? Confused and so saddened this is still just lingering....

Note to self: DVR Oprah.

Wait, they have knowledge of things they wish they didn't?? WTF?
    My wild card guess is that it would mean that something downright ungodly happened to the young man.

My guess is that they're talking out of their asses again. They keep promising revelations and nothing happens.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    My wild card guess is that it would mean that something downright ungodly happened to the young man.
    I think what it means was that he was the ongoing victim of some kind of abuse before he was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    My guess is that they're talking out of their asses again. They keep promising revelations and nothing happens.
    I hate to say it, but I think the same..
    but i do believe there was probably abuse involved, but that doesn't equal murder, so they really can't make a strong case based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think what it means was that he was the ongoing victim of some kind of abuse before he was killed.
    My mind goes to the absolute darkest places when I hear something like this...I am assuming they have uncovered a child sex ring in the area and that the parents are somehow involved in it.

The poor sweet little boy
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    My mind goes to the absolute darkest places when I hear something like this...I am assuming they have uncovered a child sex ring in the area and that the parents are somehow involved in it.
    That's what I was thinking at first. But I noticed that the police guy said they were narrowing the investigation. If they had uncovered an actual ring, they would be expanding it exponentially.

By the way, ironically, I took my 5-year-old to a cub scout introductory meeting last night, and the little boy who was assigned to show him around look a LOT like Kyron.

Well that all sounds very cryptic. I want to know what they know! Or maybe I don't... Poor boy.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Yeah I'm at the point where there's no reason to believe anything they say until something actually happens.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

if he is really gone, he's an angel now young and beautiful forever
    life is so unfair sometimes.

Kyron Horman case: Is Terri getting ready for a criminal case?

Posted on October 8th, 2010 by Valhall

I’d like to preface the comments in this post with a reminder that Terri Horman has not been charged with anything, or even named as a suspect, in connection with Kyron Horman’s disappearance on June 4th of this year. And that’s a major point to keep in mind as we discuss the bizarre behavior of Terri, her criminal lawyer, and her civil lawyer in her divorce proceedings.
    Terri Horman lawyered up some time ago. She got Stephen Houze, a hard-hitting, high-profile criminal attorney in Portland back near the end of June. The events that led to her getting Houze were:
    • Repetitive interviews with law enforcement in which she had to change her timeline and possibly important elements of her story of her activities on June 4th. Terri stated herself in emails on June 5th that she had already been through 5 interviews in less than 24 hours after Kyron’s disappearance being reported. In these early emails we see that she began her account of that date with certain times at certain locations (including when she left Skyline) that she later, according to flyers released by MCSO, had to modify in order to fit with evidence obtained in the investigation.
    • Flunking an initial polygraph within the first three days of the investigation.
    • Walking out of a second polygraph within the first two weeks of the investigation.
    • Flunking a third polygraph on the 26th of June.
    • Being confronted by law enforcement concerning an alleged murder-for-hire attempt to off her husband, Kaine Horman.
    • And losing all parental rights via a temporary court order which included a protective order disallowing her being near her toddler daughter, Kiara. This protective order was issued by the court in connection with the petition for divorce and an emergency protective order filed by Kaine on June 28th.
    That’s when Terri got a lawyer. Not a family law lawyer at that time, as far as we know, but a criminal defense lawyer. Shortly after that we learned via a motion filed by Kaine to find Terri in contempt, that within days of Kaine moving out of the house with little Kiara and filing for divorce, Terri was sexting a man that allegedly had just come into her life. This man was Michael Cook, a high school friend of Kaine Horman, who had recently resurfaced and inserted himself into the Horman family right after Kyron’s disappearance was reported on local media. In addition to sexting with Michael Cook, Terri had shown Michael the protective order, which was in violation of court orders, and had also sent what was described as sexually graphic pictures via phone of herself. Kaine would later drop the contempt charges associated with this activity, stating he did not want to pursue them if doing so hindered Terri cooperating with the criminal investigation. Included in the text messages Terri sent Michael Cook was a claim of paying $350,000 to retain Stephen Houze.

Within a couple of weeks after June 26th, when Kaine and Kiara moved out of the Horman house, Terri moved in with her parents in Roseburg, Oregon. Since that time Terri has been described by Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office as not always being cooperative in the investigation, and it is unknown if she has been cooperative at all since obtaining legal representation. With the protective order in place, and no public statement that she has violated that order, we are left to assume she has not seen her baby girl, Kiara, since June 26th.

As stated up front, authorities have not officially named Terri a suspect in the disappearance of Kyron. But within weeks of obtaining Houze as her criminal attorney Houze himself explicitly stated she was. Now her family law attorney, Peter Bunch, in a hearing yesterday for the divorce proceedings, as much as stated she was as well. Bunch argued that he cannot properly represent Terri in the divorce at this time because he would have to advise her to take the 5th in any civil proceedings to prevent her incriminating herself in the criminal investigation into Kyron’s disappearance. But Bunch said more than this. He said he wants the portion of divorce proceedings dealing with custody and parental roles delayed by as much as 2 years.

In Bunch’s statements and filings yesterday he stated that Terri was willing to agree to an immediate divorce if the court would delay proceedings dealing with custody issues for 2 years. He followed up with a request that while he does not want to have hearings for a long-term custody agreement for this oddly LONG period of time, if the court would agree, Terri was asking that the current protective order be modified to allow her limited, supervised visitation periods with Kiara. In other words, Terri has told the court that she’s okay with not having any parental rights to Kiara short of limited supervised visits, for the next 2 years if the court will just NOT make her talk to defend why she should have more than that.
    Terri Horman is okay with having a few hours of supervised visitation every once in a while for as long as 2 years if it means she can just continue to keep her mouth shut and refuse to assist in the investigation of Kyron’s whereabouts. Terri Horman is okay with her daughter being twice as old as she was the last time Terri truly was able to be her mother before she gets to be her mother again.

And then, Bunch (i.e. Terri) has the audacity to state that Kiara is Terri’s primary concern right now, and that Terri is her primary parent and therefore the court should do something that’s not real darned clear other than not make Terri talk…I’m just not sure what he was getting at there, but I am sure that right now Terri is not Kiara’s primary parent, and right now Kiara is not Terri’s primary concern. That part I’m real sure about. Apparently Kaine and his civil attorney feel the same way since they pointed out yesterday that nothing stated by Terri or her attorney pointed to putting the best interest of Kiara first.

So to summarize what happened yesterday…Terri offers up the next 2 years of her daughter’s development, of her daughter starting to talk, attend preschool, become potty-trained, and her daughter’s birthdays and all the “firsts” that come in the third and fourth year of her daughter’s life if the court will just grant her request to let her keep her mouth shut concerning what she knows about her missing 8-year-old stepson, Kyron Horman. It appears to me that Terri’s primary concern is getting ready for her criminal defense over the next 2 years.

The judge has set the next hearing in the divorce proceedings for January. The protective order stands. Three more months of no contact with Kiara…Terri gets that for her silence. The judge is reported to have had this to say:
    The court recognizes Mr. Horman finds himself in middle of any parent’s nightmare, any human’s worst nightmare, and that is true by just the fact than his son has disappeared, but to add to that worst nightmare is that police came to him in June and informed him they had probable cause, that in their view it was more likely than not that Ms. Horman was likely involved in Kyron’s disappearance and she had hired someone to kill him.
    Oh – and both Terri’s lawyers said she lied in her text to Michael Cook about how much money she had to pay to retain Houze. Oh well, no big deal, in the words of Cindy Anthony, a liar does not a murderer make.
    Valhall.
    References:
    Terri Horman willing to agree to immediate divorce, with delay in settling custody to avoid self-incrimination | OregonLive.com
    Judge delays Horman divorce ruling until January | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional
    The Hinky Meter

Thread Information