Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Massive Search for Kyron Horman, 7, Who Disappeared from School

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    It makes perfect sense as Desiree has been very vocal about how she and Terri were never friends and never got along. I made an earlier post (too lazy to go back and find it) about how the two women couldn't stand each other from day one. Add Kaine's supposed affair and Terri now hates both of them and may have taken out her resentment on Kyron.

Agree with you about Kaine being a serial philanderer. So is mentally unstable and sociopathic Terri. Poor Kyron didn't stand a chance.
    To you.

So despite it being reported everywhere that they were best friends, she's now decided that they weren't. OK then. Whatever. These dumb bastards don't deserve to have kids.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    To you.

So despite it being reported everywhere that they were best friends, she's now decided that they weren't. OK then. Whatever. These dumb bastards don't deserve to have kids.
    No - that was cleared up several weeks ago.

It’s been reported elsewhere that Terri was a friend of Young’s who moved in with Kaine Horman to help take care of Kyron. But when Kaine Horman and Young sat down with WW earlier this month, they said they wanted to set the record straight on that point. They said Young had custody of Kyron when Terri Moulton moved in with Kaine Horman.
    “We were never friends,” Young said. “I didn’t meet her until after she moved in with Kaine.”
    Both Kaine Horman and Young told WW that misinformation in the media had come from Terri Moulton Horman and her friends.
    “There’s kind of this fairy tale out there, and there’s what there really is,” Kaine Horman said. “That’s how a lot of this information is getting out. It goes to Terri, and then it goes to other sources.”
    Seems clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    The bio Mom seems to be contradicting herself...

Didn't she say that she ASKED Terri to help Kaine out w/baby Kyron when she went to Canada for medical treatment? Didn't she also say that she felt very guilty about that, since it now appears Terri may have been involved in Kyron's disappearance???

They all need to shut it. Talk to the police, not the media.
    No, you are mistaken. The bio mom is not contradicting herself. The statement she made is contradicting the fluffy bullshit article the so called 'newspaper' The Oregonian released painting them all as one happy blended family. Kaine already mentioned that Terri told friends/family a fairy tale about the way they met (meaning he admits he had an affair while Desiree was pregnant). Desiree is clearing that up.

At first I wondered why the parents of Kyron are talking so much to the media. I now believe it's because law enforcement can't put pressure on Terri as it would jeopardize any legal proceedings, but law enforcement are using the parents to put pressure on Terri through the media.

Here is a video of the latest news conference with Kyron's parents:

Full Kyron Horman news conference | KATU.com - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Portland, Oregon | Video

Quote Originally Posted by IceQueen View Post
    No, you are mistaken. The bio mom is not contradicting herself. The statement she made is contradicting the fluffy bullshit article the so called 'newspaper' The Oregonian released painting them all as one happy blended family. Kaine already mentioned that Terri told friends/family a fairy tale about the way they met (meaning he admits he had an affair while Desiree was pregnant). Desiree is clearing that up.
    Ahhhhh.....ok. So Terri has been a delusional fucknut for a long time then eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Well Kyron is long dead and I now hate all of these people. I am almost at the point of 'take them one by one and torture them until one of them fucking confesses and tells where the body is'. Shit! What a bunch of sick freaks.

The only thing I am pretty sure about at this point is (sadly) that Kyron is long dead.

i get more confused every time the media comes on tv with this whole triangle of b.s. i just hope that they find the little boy alive.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Ahhhhh.....ok. So Terri has been a delusional fucknut for a long time then eh?
    Sadly, yes, and even before. Who has their second husband paying child support for the child of the first marriage while living with the third husband?
    Delusional fucknut is being nice.

Both biological parents and the step Dad are in front of the Grand Jury right now. The friend, DeDe is too. Lets see what happens next. Fucking something I hope.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Woah. I can keep up with this story. They still don't know where this boy is?! So, so sad.

Kyron investigators search where DeDe gardened on 6/4

Kyron investigators search where DeDe gardened on 6/4

by Colin Miner, KGW Staff
    Posted on August 8, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    Updated today at 5:24 PM

PORTLAND -- On Sunday, investigators looking into the disappearance of Kyron Horman spent hours searching a large property where Dede Spicher was gardening on June 4th, the day that Kyron disappeared.

Investigators know that Spicher, a good friend of Kyron's step-mother, Terri, disappeared for more than an hour that day and has not been able to fully account for her whereabouts.
    Background: Spicher's connection to Kyron Horman's family

While she has been cooperating more than when Kyron's parents, Kaine and Desiree Young, released a statement imploring her to cooperate, sources - including people who have spoken with investigators - saId that it is believed that she still has more to offer.

This property is at least the third connected to Spicher that has been searched as part of the investigation. Investigators have also looked at her condo and a house belonging to relatives of hers.

While KGW is not revealing the exact address, we can tell you it is a heavily wooded area. It is also just about ten minutes from Skyline Elementary where Kyron went to school and where he was last seen. On Saturday, searchers were once again looking for signs of Kyron east of the school.
    More: Investigators search East of Skyline

KGW has reported that Investigators have spoken with people who were on the property that day and how those people described being unable to find Spicher at one point, even trying - unsuccesfully - to reach her on her cell phone.

Investigators also know that Spicher, who met Terri and Kaine Horman some seven years ago at a gym in Beaverton, has been close to Terri, even moving in with her for almost two weeks after Kaine moved out.

And, as KGW first reported last week, DeDe was one of Terri's friends who helped her by buying cell phones they thought couldn't be traced.

Calls to Spicher's lawyer have not been returned.
    Kyron investigators search where DeDe gardened on 6/4 | kgw.com | KGW News | Portland, Oregon

Still nothing.

Sadly, still no Kyron, but some interesting developments over the last few days:

E-mails: Stepmom sensed suspicion on her day after disappearance

Story Published: Aug 9, 2010 at 11:14 PM PDT
    Story Updated: Aug 9, 2010 at 11:55 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. - Long before the alleged murder-for-hire plot and sexting affairs, it seems Terri Moulton Horman knew suspicions settled on her, according to e-mails written by Horman and obtained by KATU News.

“They are blaming me in the blogs. I just want to scream,” she wrote in one e-mail to a KATU News source the day after her stepson, Kyron Horman vanished from Skyline School during a science fair. Investigators say Terri Horman was the last person to see Kyron.

“The teacher thought I said I was going to take Kyron with Kitty for a doctor’s appt.,” she wrote on June 5, 2010. “I said I was going to look at other exhibits - how do you mess that up? His coat and backpack were still at school. I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man ‘chaperone’ and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic - had to been 300 people running around - no coordination ...”

The reference to her daughter’s doctor visit not mentioned again in a follow-up e-mail sent later that day:

"I didn't just drop him off, I spent time with him, took pictures and he was in safe hands I thought as I watched him walk down the hall.

“Kids saw him after I left. Teacher put him as absent at 10am. Someplace between 9-10 is when we think it happened.

“I have a receipt showing I was checking out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am. I went to another FM looking for meds for Kitty they didn't have at the first FM. Then I was trying to get Kitty to sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go, so off to the gym at 11:20. Out at 12:20. Home at 12:45. Kaine home at 2. Bus at 3:30. That was my day - they keep asking me. Now on my 5th interview with them ..."

Horman went on to talk about Kyron’s recent behavior.

"The past 2 weeks he's been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can't remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks that he is having mini seizures and I made an appt on Thursday for next Friday to have him checked out."

That contradicts what multiple sources have told KATU News. In the days before the science fair, Terri informed Kyron’s teacher he had the appointment that day, June 4, which is why no one expected he would be in class and was marked absent.

Meanwhile on Monday, an acquaintance of Terri Horman said Terri was very upset the weeks before Kyron vanished because she said her husband, Kaine, was making her teenage son move out of the couple’s home.

Also on Monday, friends of Terri who worked out with her at 24-Hour Fitness testified before a grand jury.

According to sources, the friends were not extremely close to Terri but they were close enough that Terri often confided in them with issues from her home.

The Oregonian reported on Monday that investigators are trying to learn if another adult was sitting in the white pickup truck that Terri Horman drove to Skyline School on the day Kyron disappeared.

The newspaper reports the person may have been in the truck while Terri was with Kyron at the science fair.

Lt. Mary Lindstrand, spokeswoman for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, said Monday night she cannot comment on details of an open investigation.

In a press release Monday afternoon, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office said it plans to hold a news conference on Wednesday, Aug. 11 at 11 a.m. to release details in the case in an effort to get the public’s help in the case. KATU.com plans to stream it live.
    E-mails: Stepmom sensed suspicion on her day after disappearance | KATU.com - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional
    Interesting. Terri later said that she drove around quiet roads for approx. 90 mins to sooth her baby's earache. Very different to the "few minutes" she mentions in the above email.

Investigators question residents, scour neighborhood for Kyron Horman clues

Published: Monday, August 09, 2010, 6:38 PM Updated: Monday, August 09, 2010, 11:36 PM

Investigators are trying to determine if there was another adult seated in the white pickup truck that Terri Horman drove with Kyron to the missing 7-year-old's science fair at Skyline School early June 4.

The sheriff's office earlier released this photo of a white Ford F250 pickup in hopes it would jog people's memories of the day Kyron disappeared.

Investigators looking into the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman resumed a concentrated search along the 2.2 mile Northwest Old Germantown Road loop, at and around the home where DeDe Spicher, one of Terri Moulton Horman's friends, was gardening the day Kyron went missing.

More info: Investigators question residents, scour neighborhood for Kyron Horman clues | OregonLive.com
    Apparently, two separate witnesses said they saw a person (not a child) in the truck. If that turns out to be accurate, then why wouldn't Terri use that person as a witness? There is only one reason I can think of.....

Acquaintance: Terri Horman upset before Kyron vanished

Story Published: Aug 9, 2010 at 5:17 PM PDT
    Story Updated: Aug 9, 2010 at 9:29 PM PDT

Terri Horman. File photo.

PORTLAND, Ore. - An acquaintance of Terri Horman, who asked to remain anonymous, said Monday Terri was very upset in the weeks before Kyron vanished because she said her husband, Kaine, was making her teenage son move out of the couple’s Portland home.

According to the acquaintance, Terri Horman came to a 24-Hour Fitness a month to two months before Kyron disappeared and said Terri was furious, and kept complaining to anyone who would listen, that Kaine was allegedly making her teenage son move out.

Terri’s son did move out of the home in March.

Friends, who worked out with Terri Horman at that 24-Hour Fitness, testified before a grand jury Monday.

According to sources, the friends were not extremely close to Terri but they were close enough that Terri often confided in them with issues from her home.

More info: Acquaintance: Terri Horman upset before Kyron vanished | KATU.com - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional

fgg

'Mystery Woman' DeDe Spicher Defends Stepmom in Kyron Horman Case

By Elaine Aradillas
    Tuesday August 17, 2010 09:45 AM EDT

Since 7-year-old Kyron Horman went missing in June, DeDe Spicher has been called everything from uncooperative to suspicious. But Spicher, the so-called "mystery woman" in the case, says she's just a good friend of Kyron's stepmom's, and that neither of them has anything to hide.

Asked by PEOPLE in an exclusive new interview whether she thinks stepmom Terri Horman was involved in Kyron's disappearance, Spicher, 43, says, "I just really don't. In my heart, I really don't. In all of these years [as her friend], I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe that she is capable or motivated in any way to do something like this."

Spicher says she's told police the same thing. "They wanted me to tell them that Terri did it or that Terri knew something," she says. "I told them everything that I knew, over and over again. But I didn't tell them what they wanted to hear."

Terri Horman and Spicher, friends since meeting at a gym in 2002, have both come under scrutiny in the case. Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, has said she thinks Terri planned the boy's abduction. Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, also thinks Terri was involved – and separated from her following Kyron's disappearance.

Just last week, police released a new flyer asking for information from anyone who might have seen Terri or Spicher or anyone else near the white pickup truck Terri was driving on June 4, the morning Kyron disappeared from the Skyline School outside Portland, Ore.

Asked about her own whereabouts on June 4, Spicher says was at a 38-acre nursery preparing for a garden tour the following day. "I never left the property that day," she says.

Spicher says she stayed at Terri's house for 11 days after Kyron vanished, and that they were afraid for their own safety after getting death threats. But she wanted to be there for Terri.

"There's this horror that my friend is going through," she says. "If I thought for a second that she was capable of [foul play], I would not have been there. She would not have been my friend in the first place."

Apparently, DeDe has refused a polygraph. She can't account for her whereabouts for three hours on the morning Kyron went missing and has been uncooperative when answering questions from police.

Here is some more info gathered on Terri Horman:

Kyron Horman case: An informative look at Terri

Posted on August 20th, 2010 by Valhall

The Oregonian has a very informative article written about Terri Horman in which her ex-husband Richard Ecker, her son James Tarver, and Kaine Horman are interviewed as well as many other people who knew and interacted with Terri in some form or fashion in her adult life. The article is very good and I encourage everyone to take time to read it. Here are the important things I pulled from it:
    • Terri has shown a tendency to be a control freak in several areas of her life. Particularly in the brief times she has spent substitute teaching, being regarded as very strict and extremely organized (by the way, I don’t see either of those as negative in a teacher, but point to them as an example of controlling tendencies that if applied in inappropriate circumstances, or with self-centered motives become negative).
    • This tendency has been exhibited at inappropriate times or in inappropriate ways as well. As an example, in one particular substitute teaching position when she was filling in for a teacher on maternity leave, she rearranged the classroom and threw away some of the full-time teacher’s teaching materials. As another example, she and James were moving into a female friend’s house because Terri and James needed a place to live as her marriage was following apart. As she moved into the woman’s house she rearranged furniture and even moved a bookshelf, books still in the shelves, out to the backyard because “she needed more space”. Rain ruined the books and still Terri didn’t see anything wrong with what she had done. As a last example, while she was married to Richard Ecker, she walked in one day to find Richard sitting with his parents looking at boats online. She asked what they were doing. When told that Chuck Ecker, Richard’s father, was wanting to buy a boat, she responded with “Oh, so you’re spending James’ inheritance.” And as Mavis Ecker, Richard’s mother puts it, Terri was serious.
    • But of more importance is that this tendency was being exhibited in the last school year before Kyron went missing. With Kyron only in second grade, Kaine described Terri’s demand to know his behavior rating in class on a daily basis as “obsessive”. The 2nd grade teacher had a rating system where colored cards marked the child’s behavior for the day, with green being no discernable problems. If Kyron came home with anything other than green (which Terri demanded his “color” be reported each day), Terri would become upset and request that Kaine punish Kyron by grounding him to his room.
    • Terri has exhibited being a “charmer” at times in her life. For instance she wooed Richard Ecker’s parents with a great deal of attention and with gifts. Richard states he didn’t trust Terri in this regard, suspecting she had ulterior motives. He said “she did things to impress people”.
    • Terri seems to have exhibited a tendency to obsess on something for short periods of time, but clearly shows a lack of commitment in the longer run. This can be seen in her education, the hobbies she would take to with 100% commitment and then abandon after she had completed some short-term goal (i.e. the bodybuilding), and her work experience. In short, Terri doesn’t appear to have ever held a permanent, full-time job at one specific location for more than a few months at a time.
    • On the flip side, there is no one who spoke about Terri who did not bring up her love for children. Not just her own children, James and Kiara, but Kyron and other children such as those she taught in substitute positions. She has worked with special needs children and shown tremendous joy in breaking through with them. She was the first to notice Kyron’s eyesight problems and that he needed glasses. And she even taught Kyron sign-language when he was little. (By the way, this is very odd to me. Nothing has ever been said that Kyron couldn’t hear so I’m very unclear why she would have spent the time teaching him sign-language, which requires reliance on sight rather than hearing, in “order to communicate with him” as the article reads. Makes no sense at all to me.)
    • Everyone who knows her spoke of how much she has always adored James, and people who have known her over the past 7 years spoke of how she seemed to love Kyron as her own. James even speaks of how there was no difference in the way Terri treated him versus Kyron “except for our age”.
    • Something started going south about the end of 2009/beginning of 2010. This is around the same time the alleged “murder for hire plot” would have taken place. Terri began writing long emails to Desiree complaining about Kaine, about Kyron’s behavior issues at school (if there really were any), and just bitching about life in general. In February, while Kaine was on a business trip, TERRI made the decision to send James to her parents’ home in Roseburg. She actually informed Kaine of the decision over the phone. This clears up the issue of WHEN James left, and WHO was involved in that decision. Please keep in mind that after she unilaterally made this decision, which Kaine states he did not agree with, she then preceded to start going to the gym, according to prior reports, and bitching to anyone who would listen that Kaine forced James out of the house. It should be noted that there is also a similar discrepancy between what Terri was telling people concerning her weight gain after Kiara’s birth and what Kaine states. Terri started telling people Kaine was verbally denigrating her about her weight gain. Kaine states Terri is the one that kept bringing it up and that he kept telling her it didn’t really matter to him. I suspect that most likely she brought it up one too many times and Kaine responded with something to the effect of “so if you’re that unhappy about it, do something about it”…which Terri then, most likely, misrepresented to others.
    • James clarifies that he was on a camping trip with his father when Kyron went missing. So that one is cleared up as well. He said when he arrived in Portland after Kyron’s disappearance it was the first time he had ever seen Kaine cry, and that his mother was “hysterical”.
    • The last curious thing I’d like to point out comes near the end of the article where they are discussing talking with James. James states that he and his mother have only seen each other “a few times” since Terri moved to her parents home in Roseburg, the same town James lives in with his biological father and stepmother, but that they talk regularly on the phone. I simply can’t understand this one at all. She is the focus of an investigation, her stepson is missing, her parental visitation with her daughter has been taken away, and yet she does not spend more time with her oldest son who lives nearby? Blows my mind.
    • Oh…and James says Terri has a treadmill at her parents’ home, but no cell phone or computer…and she isn’t supposed to leave the house. Are these restrictions placed on her by her attorney?
    The Hinky Meter » Blog Archive » Kyron Horman case: An informative look at Terri

Wow, the way her personality is described in that article (and I realize this is an inflammatory remark I'm about to make) her personality reminds me of Diane Downs. Perfectionistic, self-absorbed, entitled, narcissistic, gets obsessed with things for short periods, puts a spin on situations that nobody else sees that way, etc. Lots of things.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Thread Information