Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Massive Search for Kyron Horman, 7, Who Disappeared from School

this poor boy. this case is heartbreaking.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

fgg

Report: Police Record Alleged Murder-for-Hire Talk with Terri Horman

By Eunice Oh
    Wednesday July 07, 2010 12:40 PM EDT

The landscaper who claims Kyron Horman's stepmother offered him "a large sum of money" to kill her husband recently went back to Terri Moulton Horman at the request of police, according to a local report.

Wearing a body wire and accompanied by an undercover officer during a June 26 meeting, the landscaper told Horman he wanted $10,000 or he'd go to authorities with the alleged murder-for-hire plot, The Oregonian reports.

Horman, the stepmother of missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman who has come under police scrutiny, cut off the conversation fairly quickly, sources tell the paper.

The Oregonian also reports that police informed the 7-year-old's father, Kaine Horman, of the landscaper's account, which authorities deemed credible and serious, the same afternoon of the undercover operation. Kaine has since moved out of the couple's home with their 19-month-old daughter and filed for divorce.

Teri was also served with a restraining order that forbids her from contacting the family.

Sources previously told the local newspaper that the former elementary school teacher denied the murder-for-hire allegations when officials confronted her.

Though investigators say a break may be imminent in the case, Kyron's biological mom pleaded with Terri this week to "do the right thing" and cooperate with police in the investigation of the missing boy.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

life can be so cruel

Though investigators say a break may be imminent in the case, Kyron's biological mom pleaded with Terri this week to "do the right thing" and cooperate with police in the investigation of the missing boy.
    Anyone who knows what happened needs to step up & do the right thing for this kid. I keep hoping it will turn out to prove me wrong like Elizabeth Smart. But either way it's time for Kyron to come home.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

It looks like the stepmum failed both lie detector tests:
    Kyron's mom: 'I know she's lying'

Posted on July 8, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    Related:PORTLAND -- Kyron Horman's parents held a candid and sometimes emotional press conference Thursday in which they said Terri Moulton is lying to investigators and flunked two polygraph tests.
    WATCH: Horman Q&A

"I've known her a long time," Desiree Young said, "I know she's lying."
    She drove home the point, saying "mothers have instincts and unfortunately I had feelings about this when I got the phone call," about Kyron's disappearance.
    When asked whether they thought who else might be involved in the disappearance, Kaine Horman and Young were quiet for a moment, looked at each other and then Kaine Horman said they did not want to speculate.

They did have more words for Terri Horman.
    Desiree Young said she and Kaine both passed polygraph tests "with flying colors." Kaine Horman said Terri Moulton did not pass either of the two tests she took.
    Desiree Young described Terri Moulton's behavior and participation "is ridiculous at this point." She said Terri "is not taking an active role" in finding Kyron.

Kaine Horman explained that he asked the court to remove Terri Moulton from their home because Kyron deserves to come to his own room, not a "safe house" somewhere else.

Kaine's parents emphasized that they wanted to keep the focus on finding Kyron and bringing him home.
    "Kyron's still missing that's what's important," said Kaine. "It (the murder-for-hire plot) will be dealt with later in a different venue, right now it's not important."

"Don't be afraid," Desiree said to Kyron, "We're going to come get you. You're coming home."
    "I believe God is looking down over Kyron and protecting him," she said.

Kyron's mom: 'I know she's lying' | NWCN.com | NWCN - News - video

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Omg, I can only imagine what that boy's mother is thinking, all the times she was within arms reach of that woman. The restraint it must take not to have ripped her fucking face off.
    Posted from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Omg, I can only imagine what that boy's mother is thinking, all the times she was within arms reach of that woman. The restraint it must take not to have ripped her fucking face off.
    Posted from my iPhone
    I don't think it would be possible for me to have that much strength. And then for them to have known all this time & continue to be civil & pretend to give her support & love...nope couldn't do it. I'd get it out of her or they would arrest me trying.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Here is the restraining order, which has just been released:
    http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/.../FULLORDER.pdf

Kaine Horman makes it very clear that he believes Terri is behind the disappearance of Kyron and that the police believe that Terri did indeed plan to murder Kaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    Here is the restraining order, which has just been released:
    http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/.../FULLORDER.pdf

Kaine Horman makes it very clear that he believes Terri is behind the disappearance of Kyron and that the police believe that Terri did indeed plan to murder Kaine.
    That first page lists the last name as "Horton" instead of "Hormon"... what up with that?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Can't believe she hasn't been arrested yet...

FUCKING TELL THEM WHERE HE IS YOU LYING BITCH.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post

Agree - and the bitch gets to stay in the family home too?? I don't know how the rest of the family are staying sane.
    Kyron Horman's father recalls when marriage to Terri Horman began to sour

Published: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 7:59 PM Updated: Friday, July 09, 2010, 6:28 AM

View full sizeBeth Nakamura/The Oregonian
    Kaine Horman, the father of Kyron Horman, said today during an interview with The Oregonian that "the pieces are going to fall into place at some point" in the effort to find his missing son.

The father of missing second-grader Kyron Horman said Thursday that his marriage to the boy's stepmom began to grow rocky after she gave birth to their little girl 19 months ago.

"I thought the marriage was doing pretty well," Kaine Horman said during a one-on-one interview with The Oregonian, "until we had our daughter, Kiara."

Horman declined to go into details about the fractured marriage to Terri Moulton Horman. But the 36-year-old software engineer said he believes what he wrote in a June 28 restraining order against his estranged wife: She tried to hire someone to kill him.

During a car ride Thursday a few miles from the elementary school where his 7-year-old son vanished on June 4, Horman said he agrees with detectives who have told him that the investigation into Kyron's disappearance will be a marathon rather than a sprint.

He hopes a few key pieces of information -- from tips or leads or something detectives track down -- will eventually break the case.

"I think we're certain that the pieces are going to fall into place at some point," he said.

Kaine and Kiara Horman moved out of their rural Multnomah County home on June 26. A couple of days later, Kaine filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order that forbids his wife from coming near him or their daughter.

A Multnomah County judge unsealed the restraining order Thursday, and Kaine's attorney filed a motion to amend it so that the court will force Terri Horman to vacate the home.

"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron," Kaine Horman wrote. "I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me. The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."

Horman wrote that the attempted murder-for-hire plot occurred at the end of 2009.

Horman also has asked the court to hold an expedited hearing that would force his wife out of the house he bought on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road in January 2007, three months before he and Terri Horman got married in Hawaii.

In Thursday's interview, Horman said one reason he wants to move back into his house is to return his daughter to her normal surroundings. He and his daughter have been living in an undisclosed location.

"Part two is, we find Kyron, what are they gonna do, ship him off to our undisclosed location?" Horman said. "I mean, how homey is that gonna be for him when we find him?"

Circuit Judge Keith Meisenheimer set a hearing for July 22 in which Terri Horman will be ordered to show good reason why the court shouldn't make her move out of the house.

Terri Horman's lawyer, Stephen Houze, said this week that neither he nor Terri would comment on the murder-for-hire allegations, restraining order, divorce proceedings or ongoing investigation.

The restraining order unsealed Thursday requires Terri Horman to stay more than 500 feet from her husband or daughter, and not have any parenting time. She's also not to go to the Skyline School, Kaine's Intel office or his gym, The Edge in Beaverton. She's also restricted from entering her daughter's current or future day-care provider's location or school.

The judge also ordered Terri Horman not to possess any firearms.

Kyron Horman disappeared after spending time at a science fair at Skyline School in rural northwest Multnomah County. His stepmom was the last known person to have seen him. She told authorities that she brought Kyron to school that morning with his science fair exhibit and watched him walk toward his classroom about 8:45 a.m. before she left the school.

Although the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office has not identified a suspect or a person of interest in the boy's disappearance, investigators have clearly focused on Terri Horman in recent weeks.

On June 18, they began circulating fliers with her photo and a picture of the white truck she drove to and from the school on the day Kyron vanished.

About that time, investigators tracked down a landscaper who told authorities that Terri Horman had tried to pay him to kill her husband. Then on June 26, detectives sent the landscaper back to the Horman home to get taped corroboration of the alleged murder-for-hire plot.

The landscaper, fitted with a body wire, told Terri Horman he would tell police about her plan if she didn't pay him $10,000. But she cut off the conversation and called 9-1-1 to report "threats," records show.

The revelation of the alleged plot to kill Kaine Horman has helped widen the increasing split between Kyron's parents and Terri Horman.

That split became even more obvious later Thursday when he and Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, held a news conference at a Beaverton hotel.

During the news conference, Young said she has long suspected that Terri Horman has been involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Asked about her body language at the family's first public appearance June 11 -- at the time, she appeared stiff and closed her eyes tight when Terri Horman put her arm around Young's shoulder -- Young said she thought then that Horman was involved.

"Mothers have instincts," Young said, "and unfortunately I had feelings about this when I got the phone call."

She and Kaine Horman also said that Terri Horman has failed two polygraph tests and went on to make it clear they are upset with her.

"I'm so angry I don't even have words," Young told reporters. "I just really want her to do the right thing and I can't say it enough that Kyron is still out there and he needs to be home. It's extremely frustrating that she's not cooperating."

When asked how Terri Horman wasn't cooperating with investigators, Young said she wasn't "taking an active role in finding Kyron and telling the truth.

"I've known her a long time," Young said. "I know she's lying."

Kaine Horman added that he was upset about Terri occupying the family home, keeping him and his daughter out of it.

"Displacing a child for the comfort of an adult. I think we all have our opinions on how appropriate that is," he said.

Kyron's parents did not comment on the specifics of the investigation, but noticeably paused when asked if they thought someone else might be involved.

"We would like to speculate, but we really can't," Young said.

Investigators in the missing-child case are at a crossroads, focusing on Terri Horman while urging the public to keep an eye out for Kyron and pass them any tips that might help locate the boy.

But where does that leave Kaine Horman?

"It still puts me looking for my boy," he said. "It's our kids first, and everything else comes after. So Kyron, he's missing, he's in danger -- he's No. 1 priority. And after that, Kiara is No. 2 priority. And based on what I filed (in) the restraining order, we feel that she's possibly in danger. So we've got two children that are in bad places."

Horman, standing on a wooded road in Adidas running shoes, was stoic when considering his troubles.

"It's gotta happen to somebody," he said.

As a software engineer at Intel, Horman has been trained to break things down into pieces, compartmentalize and prioritize them.

"It's one piece at a time," he said. "If we address every piece emotionally, we'd go insane right now."

Horman, a former high school sprinter, said he holds things together by running a couple of miles a day, playing with his daughter and seeing a counselor once a week to talk about his situation.

He said he and Kyron's mother and stepfather have asked detectives not to give them any false hope as they investigate his disappearance.

"It was kind of something we all talked about together," he said. "Obviously, we're hopeful that this will come to a conclusion sometime soon."

Asked whether he has made any plans if detectives come to him with bad news, Horman pursed his lips and shook his head.

"No," he said.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...recalls_w.html

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post

It does seem crazy that she's not been arrested but if you think about it they've not got enough hard evidence. Lie detector tests can't be used as evidence, there's no body, no forensic evidence left behind etc.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

why the hell would she want to hurt that boy though? i just dont get the motivation and its beyond sick

and clearly, the parents don't believe that she's hurt him - I hope they are right, but somehow I don't hold out too much hope on that count.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I saw an interview this morning with both the parents. They firmly believe Kyron is going to come home. I wonder if she could actually have him stashed somewhere? I hope that's the case.

Thread Information