Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Massive Search for Kyron Horman, 7, Who Disappeared from School

I hope he's found safe, but, it doesn't look good for this poor lil guy
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Saw this on Gawker and just thought I'd add it!

Oregon second-grader Horman has been missing for six days now. Authorities have no clue what happened to him. Luckily the Internet does: It was his stepmom! They can tell from her Facebook updates.

Kyron disappeared last Friday from his Portland, Oregon elementary school. Investigators still have not turned up anything in almost a week.

But now we can finally call off the massive search! Send the 500 volunteers and National guard helicopters home. Case solved—by the Internet! A number of Internet detectives obtained Horman's stepmother's Facebook address via their powerful Google machines. There they found irrefutable evidence that Horman's stepmother is the culprit. Writes Mom Logic:

Kyron's stepmom has gotten criticism for posting trivial messages on Facebook (such as, "Hitting the gym tomorrow") since her stepson has gone missing. She didn't change her profile pic to one of Kyron for six whole days — even though her husband and countless friends and concerned strangers all did.

And the posters at JusticeQuest have been working overtime on the Facebook status update clue. Writes one poster: "I agree that it's odd she is commenting on normal day stuff and not things like..Please pray for my baby.....etc. I have seen more pleas from friends on Facebook when their pets have run away!"

Then KATU—a real life news station in Portland—did some Facebook forensics and spoke to a former criminal profiler:

[Horman] has spent some time on Facebook since Friday responding to posts from friends and talking about her workouts, which is more that Jensen said he finds unusual.

"What I know from being an investigator and dealing with parents in tragic situations like this - homicides, kidnappings, stuff like that - they just really couldn't much function other than to sit and wait for us to call," he said.

Well, that basically proves that the stepmom did it. Good job, Internet. Now let's try to figure out who really was responsible for 9/11.
    Internet Solves Mystery of Missing Oregon Second-Grader Using Facebook

[Horman] has spent some time on Facebook since Friday responding to posts from friends and talking about her workouts, which is more that Jensen said he finds unusual.
    That is strange. Even if she didn't like the kid, posting stuff about her workout is callous.

Poor kid.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

That is both weird and shitty at the same time. Something is definately not right about all this. Who gives a fuck about a workout regime when a member of your family is missing?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Hell, she should at least be able to fake it. When she can't even do that, you know something's up.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Uh oh, that doesnt look good. I would not be able to function if one of my kids or step kids went missing. I hope they find out what really happened
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    where is his real mother? Is she in his life at all? I haven't seen a mention about her or why she isn't in the picture.
    The mother came right away as soon as she was notified and is apparently on the scene, so to speak.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

This is now a criminal case, yet the Police will not say why....
    Apparently they have something up their sleeves, and just aren't talking. So sad....

I cringe every time I see an update to this thread. I know it's coming.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

For some reason I got very interested in this story so read up on it extensively. Something is very fishy about the whole thing. The kid is probably gone, which is awful but I have a sneaking suspicion the coppers know exactly who is behind it but are biding their time.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^^I think they know too.

I also am very interested in this case as well...not sure why? Maybe the whole 'school' aspect. Not sure.

This case does seem to have a very "Susan Smith" kind of feel to it.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

When my kids were of that age, parents were expected to call in if a student was to be absent that day. When morning attendance was done, if parents had failed to call, they'd call home to make sure parents were aware that the child was absent.

I wonder why this school didn't use that system. They'd have been hours ahead in finding him and the first hours are critical.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Our school system is the same way Twitchy....if the parent doesn't call and tell them their child will be absent, they will HUNT YOU DOWN and get ahold of you and find out what the deal is.

Something broke down in this school....OR, perhaps there is more to this aspect of the story. Dunno..

^^From what I've read it's a tiny school with a close community and he was there for the science fair then the stepmother mentioned an appointment, which apparently wasn't until the next week but the school, in the confusion of the day, thought it was that day. Or that's how one of the stories go. I saw the press conference with the parents and step parents and....yeah, something odd, just in the way the statements were made, what they said...just everything.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information