Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting - San Bernardino, CA

Still one guy at large.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

If it's a workplace revenge thing, it's gotta be unusual to have more than 1 perpetrator involved. Most people can't even get everyone to show up at a meeting on time, much less get others to help them settle their beef.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

I was telling my husband that to me, there is no difference between this incident and what they choose to call terrorism. It's the same outcome, innocent victims were hurt or killed by an act of senseless violence. It doesn't matter if the perpetrators were Muslim, Christian, or whatever religion, they still killed innocent people. Unfortunately, though, this act of violence will be categorized differently simply based on the killers race/religion; and there will definitely not be an outcry about how all Christians must be evil based on what these people chose to do.
    Brookie, faithanne, BITTER and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Lester Holt said a few minutes ago that it appears that it's a workplace revenge issue. Can't substantiate much, obviously. One of the gunmen had a beef with someone who works at the facility. (Great way to fucking handle it.)
    Police have killed man and woman connected to San Bernardino mass shooting - LA Times

A dispute at a holiday gathering may have sparked a mass shooting in San Bernardino that left 14 people dead and 17 others wounded on Wednesday morning, federal law enforcement officials said.
    As many as three assailants, who carried long guns and wore masks, opened fire on a gathering of San Bernardino county employees around 11 a.m., sources and a witness told the Los Angeles Times.
    A senior federal official who is monitoring the case said investigators believe one of the shooters left the party after getting into an argument and returned with one or two armed companions.
    Brookie and panic like this.

Happy Fucking Holidays, folks.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I was telling my husband that to me, there is no difference between this incident and what they choose to call terrorism. It's the same outcome, innocent victims were hurt or killed by an act of senseless violence. It doesn't matter if the perpetrators were Muslim, Christian, or whatever religion, they still killed innocent people. Unfortunately, though, this act of violence will be categorized differently simply based on the killers race/religion; and there will definitely not be an outcry about how all Christians must be evil based on what these people chose to do.
    This is how I feel too. These incidents are just variations on the same fucking insanity.
    panic and Clubber Lang like this.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Apparently one of the dead suspects is a woman. Not sure why, but that always surprises me. Still.
    panic likes this.

Maddow is reporting that the third person has been detained, but police aren't saying for sure that only 3 people definitively were involved. All lockdowns have been lifted.

- Mark Twain

When tney say "long guns" I think of shot guns. Why are they saying that?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Earlier the police officer doing a press conference said they will refer to them as long gun because they are not hand guns, but the cannot categorize the type of weapon yet.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Huh, TIL. I know many, many, many people in my area used to have NRA stickers on their trucks/cars and front doors. I never see them anymore. I thought after the debacle of Charlton Heston's reign, it lost tons of credibility. I believe in gun rights, but I believe in enforcing our gun laws too. No one needs an AK-47 for home security. That's just common sense. And if you own a gun, it should be required to have some kind of legitimate trigger lock at the very least (like installed by the manufacturer before sale).
    You must not live in the South. People around here put NRA stickers on their car as a "fuck you" to Obama.

I think gun owners should be required to carry insurance, just like car insurance, and if your gun hurts or kills somebody, you should face criminal penalties unless you've reported it stolen. Rights come with responsibilities.

That article is mental.

"a brightly lit home with low-slung sectional couches and boxes for appliances. The smell of basmati rice cooking came wafting through the door. A set of womens sandals sat outside of the security door."

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Most people can't even get everyone to show up at a meeting on time, much less get others to help them settle their beef.
    Bring donuts. You'll have lots of deranged assholes/meeting participants show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Apparently one of the dead suspects is a woman. Not sure why, but that always surprises me. Still.
    It's 2015! Women can finally be just as evil!
    panic likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

One article said Farook's colleagues threw him a baby shower last year. Geez
    panic and Clubber Lang like this.

A*O

Uh oh, another camel in the room.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information