Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting - San Bernardino, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I agree with you, but I believe the AK-47 has been illegal to own for many years in the U.S. So these sick puppies either have held on to them for many years OR (and way more likely) have obtained them through illegal means. The NRA used to have a lot of pull decades ago, but I don't think they have much influence in today's world.

Im not sure about specific guns. I just know some guys from work that own some huge guns similar to those that are way overkill for just "protection". Around here, there are plenty of NRA worshippers and it still has immense pull.
    sluce and Lalasnake like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

The NRA still has immense clout. Just drive on the Beltway around DC and look at their building.

Why Is the N.R.A. So Powerful? - The New Yorker
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I think it's totally legal to own a semi-automatic AK-47, so they could very well have had them.

NRA has huge power. Many candidates, including Bernie Sanders, try not to offend them so that they don't end up in their crosshairs, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    In the press conference they refused to say they used AK47s, but instead refer to them as long guns - not hand guns. All shootings were in the one area. Seems the shooters knew the group would all be in that conference room and shot them like fish in a barrel.
    The NRA still has immense clout. Just drive on the Beltway around DC and look at their building.

Why Is the N.R.A. So Powerful? - The New Yorker
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think it's totally legal to own a semi-automatic AK-47, so they could very well have had them.

NRA has huge power. Many candidates, including Bernie Sanders, try not to offend them so that they don't end up in their crosshairs, so to speak.
    Huh, TIL. I know many, many, many people in my area used to have NRA stickers on their trucks/cars and front doors. I never see them anymore. I thought after the debacle of Charlton Heston's reign, it lost tons of credibility. I believe in gun rights, but I believe in enforcing our gun laws too. No one needs an AK-47 for home security. That's just common sense. And if you own a gun, it should be required to have some kind of legitimate trigger lock at the very least (like installed by the manufacturer before sale).

I've been watching the local NBC affiliate in LA and it looks like there is possibly a gun battle, for lack of a better word, with some potential suspects. Two suspects are down and there is still shooting going on. this is at another location. Near the San Bernardino airport. Basically an industrial area.

Right now they are reporting they have the shooters - it looks like they are in the process of arresting them. ^You're right Kris - they are reporting rapid fired shots. I hope they don't kill them so they can find out why they did it.

In the midst of it all, a pick up truck just drove right through the scene. How they hell did that pick up in get in the area?

I hate them showing this live, but I can't stop watching these brave officers using the SWAT vehicle to block them as they move in position closer to the SUV.
    panic and KrisNine like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Right now they are reporting they have the shooters - it looks like they are in the process of arresting them. ^You're right Kris - they are reporting rapid fired shots. I hope they don't kill them so they can find out why they did it.

In the midst of it all, a pick up truck just drove right through the scene. How they hell did that pick up in get in the area?
    That was crazy! WTF. How did that truck just pass through?

Looks like the SUV is in a residential area.
    sluce likes this.

It's amazing to see the process of how they are approaching the vehicle.

It really is. I tell you, I wouldn't want to be a police officer EVER.

Their approach is amazing.
    sluce, *DIVA! and Tati like this.

What is it going to take to end this madness of any random person having access to death machines? If killing a bunch of babies at Sandy Hook isn't going to do it, nothing will.

This is so depressing! I'm going to take two ativan..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Still being actively reported on NBC. Looking for one more guy, one apparently dead, the other one they have but I don't know the status. The third suspect ran into a residential neighborhood, big lots, a bunch of trees/bushes etc. Neighborhood on lockdown, but many houses unoccupied because people are at work. News conference in a few minutes.

This IS terrorism. If I'm terrified (and I would be), that makes the person doing it a terrorist. Period.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Whether the shooters were aiming at a group unaffiliated with the center or not, it's a FREAKING CENTER FOR THE DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED ... ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!!!

I would SO take those s.o.b's stupid bare asses and drag them along a gravel road tied to a truck ................with a full tank of gas.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

Lester Holt said a few minutes ago that it appears that it's a workplace revenge issue. Can't substantiate much, obviously. One of the gunmen had a beef with someone who works at the facility. (Great way to fucking handle it.)
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I'm sure they'll give him that raise now.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information