Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting at Colorado "The Dark Knight Rises" Screening

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    I was at the newsagents earlier and the trashy tabloid rags (the sun, daily record etc) have all called the gunman the "batman killer". I find it sickening, that kind of nonsense will only feed into his sense of grandeur, is it really necessary to give him a tag? Oh that's right, its completely necessary to sell papers so its ok to glorify him. Disgusting.
    Someone on Datalounge created a thread talking about the killer's "hotness".

I wanted to reach through my PC screen and throttle this guy.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

See that's when I despair about the internet, and some of the morons who lurk there. I wonder if that person even considered the twelve lives that were snuffed out in a hail of bullets when they posted that.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Oh man. The daddy of the six year old girl shot in the back was being told for three hours he'd be able see her in "just a moment", before they told him she was dead. Then the poor man was momentarily detained because he got upset.

Video: Hospital security detains dad enraged over child’s murder in theater shooting
    Posted on: 11:32 am, July 20, 2012, by Will C. Holden, updated on: 08:03pm, July 20, 2012

Video at link

Editors Note: Heidi witnessed this father being asked to leave hospital property by security guards and thought she overheard him saying his daughter was dead. He agreed to this interview because he was upset that he was not allowed to see his ex-wife and he wanted to get the word out about his story. He explained that he told security he wanted to kill the gunman, and that’s why security would not let him see her. The father did not consider Heidi’s line of questioning offensive, and has expressed gratitude that she came to his aid as he was dealing with security guards.

AURORA, Colo. — Hospital security guards detained a man at the Aurora Medical Center who they said became enraged after learning his 6-year-old daughter had been killed in the Aurora movie theater shooting Friday morning.
    The man’s daughter was attending the premiere of “The Dark Knight Rises” with his ex-wife, who is also in critical condition after being shot in the chest.The man, who asked not to be identified, spoke with our Heidi Hemmat.
    “I was called at 3 in the morning by a family member in New York telling me (my ex-wife) had been shot and they didn’t know where my child was,” the man said. “After three hours sitting at Children’s Hospital in Aurora … after being thrown in circles and told me I’d be able to see her in just a moment, I find out my child is dead.”
    The man said security guards were detaining him because of a comment he made. He said his only motivation when he got to the hospital was getting to his ex-wife.
    “I had to make sure she was was okay,” the man said. “I’ve lost the rest of my family.”
    When the man was told the suspected gunman, James Holmes, 24, of North Aurora, is still alive, he said, “hopefully not for long.”
    “Hopefully some people at least have some common courtesy and take care of somebody who has the willpower to murder an innocent child and other innocent people,” he said. “Hopefully the law enforcement has some kind of courtesy and some kind of basic justice.”
    source: Video: Hospital security detains dad enraged over child’s murder in theater shooting | KDVR.com | Denver Breaking News, Weather & Sports – FOX 31 News in Denver, Colorado

I know it was probably protocol on the hospital/cops' part, but damn. So much was known about the shooter, before any of the ten bodies were removed from the theatre, and it seems, before any families had been officially notified. In a way I am glad the shooter's mugshot hasn't been released.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    Oh man. The daddy of the six year old girl shot in the back was being told for three hours he'd be able see her in "just a moment", before they told him she was dead. Then the poor man was momentarily detained because he got upset.
    I think the handling of the death notifications in this case have been an abomination. I can't think of a single legitimate reason why the relatives should have been waiting in agony so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post

source: Video: Hospital security detains dad enraged over child’s murder in theater shooting | KDVR.com | Denver Breaking News, Weather & Sports – FOX 31 News in Denver, Colorado

I know it was probably protocol on the hospital/cops' part, but damn. So much was known about the shooter, before any of the ten bodies were removed from the theatre, and it seems, before any families had been officially notified. In a way I am glad the shooter's mugshot hasn't been released.
    I thought that picture on a previous page of him grinning was his mugshot?
    Eta- It wasn't. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Eta- It wasn't. My bad.
    Nope. Not released quite yet.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm listening to the audio of this dispatcher organising cops and rescue in the early moments; she was so calm and managing the chaos like a boss. Wouldn't you just crack under this? I would!:

Scanner audio (warning - there's a victim crying around 8:30)

[youtube]DkUi6q5kgbU[/youtube]

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Eta- It wasn't. My bad.
    The Aurora police said they will not be releasing his mugshot. But it will probably be leaked somehow.

The picture of him is is his college ID pic.

I just worry with all the illegal traffickers already causing so much trouble at the Arizona and New Mexico borders (Causing a whole world of immigration 'reform' trouble as it is) making guns completely illegal will blow up the already difficult black market issue. I'm thinking of the 'legalize it' arguments as applied to any hot button topic. Granted Marijuana doesn't shoot and kill people, but people certainly shoot and kill over its possession/marketing in the current system. Gun law reform I'm in favor of, but I also don't see how it would catch a true wild card like this guy.

Its just a horrible situation all around. I wonder if the guy hadn't had access to fire arms if he would have lit the place on fire
    dilligaf likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

^^^^
    they're saying his apartment is boobie-trapped with, among other things, mortar rounds. why is a civilian even permitted to buy that kind of thing? this isn't a little shotgun we're talking about. we're talking stuff that should be so tightly regulated only military or private security people should have access to them. maybe you don't have to ban all guns (though that would certainly be better) but you need tighter regulation and also more control on keeping track of who has what, weapons tracing, and regulating ammunition too.

of course people will shit themselves screaming about losing their so-called freedoms and loss of privacy and bla bla bla but I think guns shouldn't fall into the regular category of civil liberties, this isn't pot or illegal wire-tapping or censorship, this is about lethal weapons that should be the sole domain of the defense and security sectors, with very few, and very tightly regulated exceptions for sporting and hunting weapons.
    but for that to happen you'd have to get rid of that retarded tea party/NRA folklore about paranoid citizens thinking they have to arm themselves in case their government goes all commie on their asses and tries to take their guns and make them pay taxes.

gun-festo over.
    it doesn't help too that as we speak I'm stuck at the UN all weekend for negotiations on, of all things, an arms trade treaty for conventional weapons.
    Sarzy and SuriCruise like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm thinking this report will be perfect for posters here to chew on while I get 8 hours:

Couple in Colo. Theater Shooting Escape With Baby and Toddler in Tow
    By LANA ZAK AND ENJOLI FRANCIS | ABC News – 17 hrs ago

A young couple who'd recently moved from New Mexico and were attending the Aurora, Colo., midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" with their children said they had planned to sit in the front row by the exit in which a gunman entered and allegedly killed at least 12 people.

Jamie Rohrs, 25, said that before the movie started, he and his fiancee, Patricia Legarreta, also 25, had opted for seats in the second-floor balcony. Rohrs held their 4-month-old son, Ethan, while Legarreta sat next to her 4-year-old daughter, Azeria, who was asleep with her head in her mother's lap. "Where the gunman came in, we were going to sit right there," Rohrs told ABC News today. "God was definitely with us and watching over us. I just thank God we sat where we did and showed up late." Fifteen minutes into the movie, Legarreta said, someone walked into the theater from the exit and threw something. Police now allege that James Holmes, 24, burst into the movie house and started shooting patrons, killing at least 12 and injuring at least 50.

Legarreta said that after seeing smoke and then hearing gunshots, she heard Rohrs yell for her to get on the ground. "I threw my daughter on the floor," she said. "I just remember thinking my fiance has my son." Legarreta said she was wounded in her leg as she stood to move between her daughter and the gun shots. "It was headed toward my daughter," she said through tears today. "Had I not moved her -- I just moved her in front of me. ... I don't know what would happened to her." Legarreta said she had shrapnel in her leg from the upper thigh to the ankle. While she was on the floor, she said, she could see her 4-month-old baby on the ground near the stairs. Legarreta said she did not know the whereabouts of Rohrs. "At that point, I reached out and I grabbed him and pulled him in to me," she said. "I didn't even check my leg until we were out in the parking lot."

Rohrs, who had Ethan, said he jumped over the seat with the baby in his arms. He said he considered lying on the ground and playing dead but feared for his son's life. "I'm trying to keep him low. ... And he's crying," Rohrs said. "People are running all over. I'm tripping and falling. I don't know if I laid him down or sat him down. I'm wondering maybe there's more of them. [I'm thinking] 'He's crying and they're going to come get me.' I look up to see if I can run. I'm ducking, dodging, turning left, turning right. ... Every time you hear a gun shot, it's like 'Oh, I'm dead.'" "I'm just disoriented after I put him down," Rohrs said. "I'm just waiting for me to hit the ground and fall down dead. You could see the gunfire and people are dropping." He said he wondered where Ethan was but realized he could not go back to get him. Rohrs finally jumped over the balcony and ended up outside. "It just felt like the worst thing ever because my son's still in there," he told ABC News. "My girlfriend is still in there. I'm out here. Who leaves their child there?" He said Legarreta called him from another phone and he drove back to the theater. They were eventually taken to the hospital and released.

In an interview with ABC News, Legaretta said she just ran as fast as she could with the baby and her daughter when the gunshots stopped. "[I just said] 'I'm not going to die in here. Me and my kids are not going to die in this building,'" she said. "I'm just happy that we got our kids out. It was so hard sitting in the hospital. ... Thinking of all the people that we saw. Hoping and praying that they got out." Rohrs said the two took their children to the show because they figured they'd sleep through it. "We just moved here from New Mexico," he said. "We have to go out. We have to do things. You don't think you're going to get shot. You're just living your life."
    source: Couple in Colo. Theater Shooting Escape With Baby and Toddler in Tow - Yahoo! News

I hate to judge because I don't know how I'd react in this situation, but that guy had his son in his arms, put him down, got out, got in his car and drove away? Imagine living with that the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Since 2002:

0 deaths in America via flying an airplane into a skyscaper

100,000 deaths in America via flying bullets
    Incorrect. You might want to research those numbers again.

And really, don't bother ignoring my actual point if you're going to use false numbers you pulled out of your ass.
    Last edited by greysfang; July 21st, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I hate to judge because I don't know how I'd react in this situation, but that guy had his son in his arms, put him down, got out, got in his car and drove away? Imagine living with that the rest of your life.
    I'll just say he wouldn't be my boyfriend any longer if I was that woman.
    gardenwitch, rollo, card and 1 others like this.

So he put his son down and got the hell out of there... POS.
    gardenwitch and Lalique like this.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information