Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting at Colorado "The Dark Knight Rises" Screening

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    as far as gun laws go, i would like to make a point. drugs are illegal in this country, does that stop people who really want them from getting them? no.

i feel someone as crazy and stupid as this would find a way to get what he wanted, on the black market. (and i am not saying that people who do drugs are crazy and stupid, just that if someone really wants something, it doesn't matter if it is illegal or not).
    It makes it a hell of a lot easier though! Who on earth needs an assault rifle?!
    And the US has some of the most lax guns laws in the industrialized world and the highest amount of gun crime/murders. That's not a coincidence. Something is badly wrong there.

Those photos of the father are heartbreaking, the poor guy.
    sputnik, Lenny, chartreuse and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Paris has cancelled the premier for tonight.
    Oh but why? It's only possible in the US, everyone else is immune, dotcha know?
    I'm sorry dude, but if you read "12 people dead" and your first thought is "Wow, US gun laws suck" there is something fundamentally fucking wrong with you as a human being. I fucking hate smug people.

Elite Member

This story is so heartbreaking. It's horrible that one asshole can change so many lives in such a short time. That picture of the father looking for his son brought tears to my eyes.

Greys - glad your son is okay. It must have been terrifying to think "what if..."

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    as far as gun laws go, i would like to make a point. drugs are illegal in this country, does that stop people who really want them from getting them? no.
    I can definitely see your point, but while I can grow pot in the backyard or make meth in my bathroom, I can't easily make my own assault rifle. Clearly there would be an issue with the guns that are already out there, but I like to think there's something that can be done to prevent at least some tragedies like this from happening.

Yep, how lucky people in Cumbria and Norway and Toronto are that crazy motherfuckers can't get ahold of guns.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post

Greys - glad your son is okay. It must have been terrifying to think "what if..."

Luckily we didn't hear about this until we had already heard from him. There was still a very sick sinking feeling when I turned on the news this morning.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

mjw
    Elite Member

R.I.P. to the victims
    Kat Scorp likes this.

This just makes me so sad. Those people didn't deserve this. Neither did Batman.
    Sylkyn likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Luckily we didn't hear about this until we had already heard from him. There was still a very sick sinking feeling when I turned on the news this morning.
    I was living in the Denver area when Columbine happened, and I remember my mom calling to say "I know there is no reason you would be at that school, but call to let me know you're okay." Something like this has to be a parent's worst nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Oh but why? It's only possible in the US, everyone else is immune, dotcha know?
    I'm sorry dude, but if you read "12 people dead" and your first thought is "Wow, US gun laws suck" there is something fundamentally fucking wrong with you as a human being. I fucking hate smug people.
    Well, I don't "fucking" hate sarcastic people/smartass people. Maybe it takes a random act of violence which kills one's loved ones for some people to see the light.
    What do you need a gun for? To protect your I-Pad? Your goldfish? Your bong? A for instance: I sometimes wonder if people who are very aggressive on forums are only like that behind their keyboard, you know, to blow off steam or if that's really how they are all the time, everywhere. If they are, and they can one day decide that being hateful on the internet is not enough and it's easy enough to get a gun and just vent their frustrations by firing bullets, randomly, I'd say yes, US gun laws suck.
    And everybody knows after that Breivik guy in Norway that it's not only possible in the US. But there's a reason why in the US people are more afraid of the possibility of copy cats than they are in Norway and that, too, has to do with US gun laws.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

First of all, this is just beyond tragic. My heart breaks for each and every one of these victims. It's simply horrible and I don't know how the surviving family members are able to pick themselves up and go on with life. When I see that poor man looking for his son, my eyes well up with tears. I can't imagine what he must be feeling.

It's funny that the internet and boards like this are basically anonymous places where people come to chat and gossip, but one of the first people I thought of when I heard the news was you, Greys. I know you have teenage boys and I thought that all the teenage boys I know love going to the first showing of highly anticipated movies. I'm glad your boys are safe.

what a fucking moron

Right Wing Uses Colorado Tragedy to Vilify Gays and Secularism | Advocate.com

Right Wing Uses Colo. Tragedy to Vilify Gays, Secularism
    Bryan Fischer wonders if gays will object to Chick-fil-A feeding first responders to the shooting, and he and others blame the crime on America's alleged godlessness.

Sad but not surprising: Whenever there’s a tragedy, someone uses it to demonize gay people, and it’s happened with the mass shooting at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater.

Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association is apparently the first to play the gay card this time. Reacting to news that the Aurora Chick-fil-A was providing free food to police and other emergency personnel on the scene, Fischer tweeted, “Chick-fil-A provides free meals to first responders in CO. Let’s see Big Gay demonize that,” The New Civil Rights Movement reports.

The fast-food chain under fire for donations to antigay groups, and Fischer’s tweet linked to a Breitbart.com story that quoted some Twitter messages critical of Chick-fil-A, such as “$3M to fight marriage equality, but it’s ok cuz they gave cops some chicken tenders and waffle fries?”

Meanwhile, Fischer and other religious conservatives are saying the crime was a result of America’s turning away from traditional Judeo-Christian values. Fischer, in a column posted on the AFA website today, refers to “the catastrophic consequences in American life since the Supreme Court kicked God out of our public school system in 1962 by prohibiting school prayer.”

Without mentioning LGBT people specifically, Fischer cites these phenomena as among the consequences: “The nuclear family is breaking apart at culture-destroying rates. One of out every five adults in America has a lifelong, incurable sexually transmitted disease.”

Also blaming the tragedy on “ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs” was Texas congressman Louie Gohmert, who appeared on a Heritage Foundation radio show hosted by former congressman Ernest Istook of Oklahoma. “We have been at war with the very pillars, the very foundation of this country,” Gohmert said.

Gohmert and Istook also wondered why no one in the theater was armed and therefore able to take down the shooter; Colorado allows citizens to carry concealed weapons. “It does make me wonder, with all those people in the theater, was there nobody that was carrying a gun that could have stopped this guy more quickly?” Gohmert asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Well, I don't "fucking" hate sarcastic people/smartass people. Maybe it takes a random act of violence which kills one's loved ones for some people to see the light.
    What do you need a gun for? To protect your I-Pad? Your goldfish? Your bong? A for instance: I sometimes wonder if people who are very aggressive on forums are only like that behind their keyboard, you know, to blow off steam or if that's really how they are all the time, everywhere. If they are, and they can one day decide that being hateful on the internet is not enough and it's easy enough to get a gun and just vent their frustrations by firing bullets, randomly, I'd say yes, US gun laws suck.
    And everybody knows after that Breivik guy in Norway that it's not only possible in the US. But there's a reason why in the US people are more afraid of the possibility of copy cats than they are in Norway and that, too, has to do with US gun laws.
    Hey asshole - Yes, I am a sarcastic bitch in real life. You know what else I am? Against guns. They terrify me and I think they should be illegal. So maybe before you go running your mouth thinking you know my ideals, you should do your "fucking" homework.
    MY rant is directed towards people who use tragedy as a platform to once again shoot their mouths off about how inferior our country is when the REAL FOCUS should be - I don't know - the 50 PEOPLE WHO WERE SHOT?????
    So shut the fuck up, grotty bitch and take your withered old lover with you.

Elite Member

My friend who's a very active member in Occupy Wall Street her Batman shirt today and happily told me "Happy Batman Day!!" when I saw her.
    That really made wonder.

Elite Member

71 people shot. It really is tough to wrap my brain around one guy causing so much misery in just a few minutes.

No matter how old I get human beings never cease being able to horrify and sadden me.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information