Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting at Colorado "The Dark Knight Rises" Screening

Damn. I can't even imagine the fear. Peace to the dead and comfort to the injured.
    Seth82 likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I'm glad he didn't kill himself. I want to hear what he has to say. He will get a real punishment.
    I don't know how many people are dead, because I've heard different numbers on the same news program. first it was 15, then 14, then they're just saying at least 12.
    You know what this all means? No one will be able to dress up to go see movies. There will probably be bag checks, and metal detectors at the entrance. One person always fucks it up for everyone else.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Current count is 12 dead, 38 injured. There are several of the injured bad enough they might not make it. But anyway, the total casualties are 50.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    You know what this all means? No one will be able to dress up to go see movies. There will probably be bag checks, and metal detectors at the entrance. One person always fucks it up for everyone else.
    I think, but could be wrong, that he actually had all his stuff sitting outside the emergency door at the front of the theater. After about 15 minutes, he walked out door, put the stuff on, and then came back in lobbing gas cannisters and firing.
    card likes this.

I heard a witness interviewed this morning that said the man was in the theater and was on his phone before the movie started. Then he went through the emergency exit door at the front of the theater to "take his call" and they believe he propped the door open so that the could gain entrance again. He had this all planned out.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

God, this is so horrible. Can't even go to a movie theater without worrying about being shot. My thoughts and prayers to everyone in this.

One of the victims of this shooting had a blog entry about narrowly avoiding the mall shooting in Toronto a a month ago. Eerie:

Aspiring Sportscaster Among 12 Killed At Colorado Movie Theater; Last Blog Entry Was First-Person Account Of Eaton Centre Shootings

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I heard a witness interviewed this morning that said the man was in the theater and was on his phone before the movie started. Then he went through the emergency exit door at the front of the theater to "take his call" and they believe he propped the door open so that the could gain entrance again. He had this all planned out.
    That's also why I think the stuff was outside. Witnesses said he was wearing a gas mask (or riot helmet), a shotgun, an AK rifle, and two handguns. No way you could squirrel that into a movie theater, even if you were wearing a giant overcoat.

I think he must have had the stuff lying in a pile, or in a box outside. Covered up with something to make it look innocuous. And when the theater was full, and he thought the timing was right, he walked outside, with the door propped open, put his gas mask on, threw the cannisters inside and then grabbed his guns.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    God, this is so horrible. Can't even go to a movie theater without worrying about being shot.

One of the victims had a blog entry about narrowly avoiding the mall shooting in Toronto a a month ago. Eerie:

Aspiring Sportscaster Among 12 Killed At Colorado Movie Theater; Last Blog Entry Was First-Person Account Of Eaton Centre Shootings
    According to HuffPo, her family confirmed that she died at the scene last night.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

One of the poor victims of this shooting, Jessica Redfield, wrote this blog about narrowly escaping a shooting in June in Toronto. Too creepy.
    A Run On of Thoughts

Eta- Doh! Somehow I completely missed the post above me!

^aw that sucks!

Gold Member

When I woke up this morning and saw the news I was sickened. I can't even begin to describe what the victims' families and loved ones must be feeling. I can say nothing to them except my thoughts and prayers are with them. I can't even begin to imagine what the scene must have been like.

Most people take phone calls go out in the lobby, the thought that this sick fuck went out the emergency exit and propped it open so he could get back in angers and scares me.

It's very telling that when ABC News got a hold of the suspect's mother, she made it sound like she wasn't surprised that he was the culprit.

Aurora Suspect James Holmes' Mother: 'You Have the Right Person' - ABC News

Editor's Note: An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect. ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted.

A California woman who identified herself as the mother of James Holmes, the 24-year-old man federal authorities said is the suspect in a mass shooting in an Aurora, Colorado movie theater, told ABC News her son was likely the alleged culprit, saying, "You have the right person."

The woman, contacted at her home in San Diego, spoke briefly with ABC News and immediately expressed concern her son may be involved in the shooting death of at least 12 people overnight.

"You have the right person," she said, apparently speaking on gut instinct. "I need to call the police... I need to fly out to Colorado."

Holmes was apprehended by police outside the theater after allegedly killing 12 people and injuring another 50 during a late night screening of the blockbuster movie "The Dark Knight Rises," authorities said. Law enforcement officials told ABC News the weapons used in the massacre include a military-style AR-15 assault rifle, a shotgun and two handguns.

Local news reports showed aerial video of police cautiously searching Holmes' apartment, some five miles from the Century Aurora 16 theater, as the suspect reportedly told police he had explosives inside. At a morning briefing, local police said that the apartment appeared to be booby-trapped.

A thousand miles away in San Diego, several police cars have arrived at the home of Holmes' mother.

James Holmes was a student at the University of Colorado Denver Medical Campus but had dropped out in June, according to a school official. He attended high school in California, a police spokesperson there said.

The police spokesperson provided a statement from the Holmes family in which they said their "hearts go out to those who [were] involved in this tragedy and to the families and friends of those involved."

The spokesperson said the family was "very upset" and the incident "has taken everyone by surprise."

Witnesses to the shooting said that a man appeared at the front of the theater about 20 minutes into the movie with a rifle, handgun and gas mask. He then threw a canister that released some kind of gas, after which a hissing sound ensued, and he then opened fire on the crowd packed into the early-morning screening of the film.

"We were maybe 20 or 30 minutes into the movie and all you hear, first you smell smoke, everybody thought it was fireworks or something like that, and then you just see people dropping and the gunshots are constant," witness Christ Jones told ABC's Denver affiliate KMGH. "I heard at least 20 to 30 rounds within that minute or two."

A man who talked to a couple who was inside the theater told ABC News, "They got up and they started to run through the emergency exit, and that when she turned around, she said all she saw was the guy slowly making his way up the stairs and just firing at people, just picking random people."

"The gunshot continued to go on and on and then after we didn't hear anything," the couple told the man. "We finally got up and there was people bleeding, there was people obviously may have been actually dead or anything, and we just ran up out of there, there was chaos everywhere."

The FBI said approximately 100 of its agents are on the scene assisting with the ongoing investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Too bad he didn't turn the gun on himself and save the taxpayers money for the trial for this piece of shit.

Can someone post this, I'm on my phone. There's a mugshot of the boy. And reading this, I found out I have a vague connection to the department he was in at school.

Aurora, Colo. Batman Shooter James Holmes Was PhD Student - ABC News
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Can someone post this, I'm on my phone. There's a mugshot of the boy. And reading this, I found out I have a vague connection to the department he was in at school.

Aurora, Colo. Batman Shooter James Holmes Was PhD Student - ABC News

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I'm Fucking offended. My 16yo was at a midnight showing with his friends less than 30 minutes away from this, so fuck all y'all.
    holy shit! I'm so glad your son is okay!!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Just one shit & he must have had probs, because his poor mother knew right off he caused it.
    And see THIS is the core problem here: we have virtually no fucking mental health care system left in this stupid country. Families have zero options anymore. I know multiple people being terrorized right now by their own crazy-ass family members and the system offers no long range solutions. Cops can arrest them over and over and put them on psych holds but then they are released again. There's NO WHERE to put the fucking violent loonies.

And ffs they don't need the obvious weapons--guns, knives etc. They will use anything. They will eat people's faces off if they feel like it. And remember the countless bombings (Kansas City and so many more), sarin gas attacks, and oh of course the anthrax scares? Every piece of info you need to kill mass quantities of people in MANY creative ways is right there on the internet for any nut who can read.

Hey Obama: WE NEED OUR MENTAL HEALTHCARE SYSTEM BACK!!!

May the victims of this latest nasty little shitbag rest in peace. He should have been where he couldn't hurt anybody, ever.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information