Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting at Colorado "The Dark Knight Rises" Screening

Not to drink the Kool Aid, but honestly, that does look like a completely different person to me. The shape of the eyes and eyebrows looks drastically different, imo. And not just plucking or shaving the brows, but the line of his orbital bone. Maybe it's angles and lighting and facial positioning, but it's curious.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

It could be because the mug shot is ancloser shot so the head/features appear larger. Or at least, they won't line up perfectly with a pic taken from further away (i.e. smaller).

Many people have one ear that sticks out more than the other. Humans are rarely symmetrical.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I was just reading that the peak onset period of schizophrenia for males is 20-28 years of age. Which puts this guy right in the range. The expressionless look in the face in the court and booking photos (compared to earlier photos) is really stark.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    OK, This has been floating around FB this morning.....I don't understand the "Brought him in from another Country" thing....When I 1st saw his mug shot, I did think he looked a little different from the smiling picture. But then I figured it was probably a few years difference, and a few years of drugs difference. Drugs definitely end up changing your looks after awhile.

I think people are reaching for something that isn't there.

The nose does look different, but then it's not an exact same pose. The "brought him in from another country" bit could be a line coming from Michelle Bachman and her merry band of idiots, any Tea Party right-winger and similar idiots.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I was just reading that the peak onset period of schizophrenia for males is 20-28 years of age. Which puts this guy right in the range. The expressionless look in the face in the court and booking photos (compared to earlier photos) is really stark.
    Yes, college-age is when most schizophrenia manifests.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

He does have the slightly misaligned eyes in all photos.

Elite Member

Yes, college-age is when most schizophrenia manifests.
    There is some evidence that drug use can trigger the onset of schizophrenia. Being away from home and normal routines, and the social isolation people sometimes feel when they go away to college probably don't help either.

I did a project on schizophrenia a couple of years ago and I see things differently now. There is a prodromal period and warning signs, and some interventions can actually delay its onset or lessen its severity. I wish more people were aware, but it's a subject that most don't like to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    There is some evidence that drug use can trigger the onset of schizophrenia. Being away from home and normal routines, and the social isolation people sometimes feel when they go away to college probably don't help either.

I did a project on schizophrenia a couple of years ago and I see things differently now. There is a prodromal period and warning signs, and some interventions can actually delay its onset or lessen its severity. I wish more people were aware, but it's a subject that most don't like to talk about.
    My brother worked in a pharmacy in college. As a result, he became familiar with the medications that people on schizophrenia would take. He said that it was the schizophrenics who freaked out the most when they accidentally showed up too late to pick up their medication. Very sad to think about....

One of the most vivid and striking things I'd ever read about schizophrenia concerned a boy who started to exhibit signs of it in high school. In his case, he would be sitting in class, and all of a sudden, he was convinced that demons were coming into the classroom and going to saw off his legs. Holy sh*t, I can't get my mind around the idea that someone who have a mental illness that would make them think that is real....

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    One of the most vivid and striking things I'd ever read about schizophrenia concerned a boy who started to exhibit signs of it in high school. In his case, he would be sitting in class, and all of a sudden, he was convinced that demons were coming into the classroom and going to saw off his legs. Holy sh*t, I can't get my mind around the idea that someone who have a mental illness that would make them think that is real....
    did you ever see janie's story that was featured on oprah? it was beyond scary. they showed video of her as a baby and you could see her looking and reacting to things that didn't exist. she was full blown schizo basically from birth. the parents had another child and because the girl would go after the boy, the parents rented two one-bedroom apartments and took turns taking care of the kids.

lola - my cousin has schizophrenia and it definitely came on while he was abusing drugs and first off to college. not sure if the college induced the issue leading him to drugs or if the combination set it off. it's very, very sad.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

In both of the cases of people I have known personally with acute schizophrenia they were college age and experimenting with drugs shortly before their diagnosis/break.

That isn't to say this person was experimenting with drugs, just throwing my lot in with the 'drugs can trigger schizophrenia' from what I've read and from what I've seen. As I understand it, though, its something that's already kind of there, waiting to be triggered and it doesn't take a whole lot to push you over the edge, in that case
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I've always wondered if it's possible that drugs aren't triggering it but instead that it's an attempt on some level to self medicate by the person.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

One of my ears sticks out more than the other one, noticeably too. I think he looks like the same person, just whacked out of his mind in the mug shot.

I agree he should be called by his name. I mean, c'mon, Joe Public is not going to remember the name 'James Holmes', it couldn't be more vanilla, but 'the Batman killer'? That'll stick.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Sadly my brain keeps sticking 'John Holmes' in that memory slot when I try to recall his name.

Oh well. Big dick is an understatement in both cases.
    Seapharris7 and TheFarSide like this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I've always wondered if it's possible that drugs aren't triggering it but instead that it's an attempt on some level to self medicate by the person.
    A lot of schizophrenics self-medicate, but studies do suggest it may induce the on set of the disorder earlier or trigger episodes. It's really unknown so if there's a history of the illness in your family, it is recommended to avoid using drugs (pot included). Schizophrenia in younger people before the typical on sets (laye teens/early 20's for men, mid to late 20's for women) is usually the most severe and they don't respond well to medication. Anti-psychotic meds or being on an episode can give a schizophrenic that blank look. My brother (first schizophrenic episode occurred when he was 20, but we saw symptoms when he was 17/18) always said even on the lowest dose of meds he felt like a walking zombie.

It's a really awful mental disorder and most schizophrenics are harmless, they get a bad reputation from rare stuff like this happening. I saw an article where readers were blaming the psychiatrist at his school for not treating him and stopping this. It's so unfair because most schizophrenics either refuse meds because they don't have self awareness regarding their disorder or they are paranoid and lots of them go off meds when they think they are ok or are no longer forced to. They also can go long periods before they have episodes so they can be somewhat functional until they hit an episode and aren't aware of their behavior.

/rant

Thread Information