Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting at Colorado "The Dark Knight Rises" Screening

I so want to be the Goudamother of organized crime. I have finally found purpose! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I so want to be the Goudamother of organized crime. I have finally found purpose! lol
    I cheddar at the thought of you becoming some kind of criminal munster.
    Waterslide likes this.

I won't be feta'ed by the law!

(I really had to think about that one.)

Puns are so cheesy!
    Waterslide and McJag like this.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Did anyone hear how the media is being discouraged from using "the suspect's name", in news reports? Partly because they don't want his name being famous, also because other people who might have that same name can get harrassed. I have a news channel on right now and they are only referring to him as the suspect in the Colorado movie shooting. However, the media is being encouraged to use the victims' names so they will be remembered. I can understand that.

On this news program I'm watching, they said that James Holmes was held to extremely high standards by his dad. His dad has degrees from Stanford and like 3 other schools. The guy wasn't living up to his father's expectations.

Also, they said that Holmes is adopted. Now they are saying that many mental illnesses are genetic, and perhaps his biological family has a history that his adopted parents didn't know.

So perhaps the whole deal about not living up to his dad's expectations, partnered with a genetic predisposition, led him down a rapid downward spiral over the last several months. Either way, I won't buy insanity defense. Cracking under pressure, yes, insane, no.

i get the whole wanting to remember the victims thing, i really do. and it's a nice sentiment. but come the fuck on, do you think 20 years from now when people look back on this incident, they'll be talking about how great that blogger that got shot was, or the motherfucker who took out 12 people and injured 58? whether we like it or not, mass murderers and serial killers live on in infamy.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah see they call him the Colorado movie shooter, among others. Well wtf, isn't a nickname even worse than using his regular name? He'll be known as the Batman killer, or whatever. I think that's worse than using his name. The only plus is the fact that James Holmes is probably a common name, so they don't want all the other James Holmes's in the world to get punished by having the same name. WTF. This whole media spin and the way the story is evolving is getting out of hand.

On a national news channel they kept talking about him possibly having schizophrenia. This is confusing and you can't wrap your mind around it really. Just senseless. I don't care if he has schizophrenia. He could have split personality disorder for all we know. Its just sad that nothing could have been done to stop this. If our society would quit being scared of the mentally ill and reach out and do something shit like this wouldn't happen. Then again maybe it would anyway. shocked.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i get the whole wanting to remember the victims thing, i really do. and it's a nice sentiment. but come the fuck on, do you think 20 years from now when people look back on this incident, they'll be talking about how great that blogger that got shot was, or the motherfucker who took out 12 people and injured 58? whether we like it or not, mass murderers and serial killers live on in infamy.
    This is true. Anderson Cooper said he wasn't going to refer to the suspect by name, because presumably the murderer would enjoy the attention too much. I understand the sentiment, but it's kind of ridiculous. How many people can name, off the top of their head, one of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims?

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    Yeah see they call him the Colorado movie shooter, among others. Well wtf, isn't a nickname even worse than using his regular name? He'll be known as the Batman killer, or whatever. I think that's worse than using his name. The only plus is the fact that James Holmes is probably a common name, so they don't want all the other James Holmes's in the world to get punished by having the same name. WTF. This whole media spin and the way the story is evolving is getting out of hand.
    Yes, I agree, giving him a nickname might be easy for people to remember, but, in my opinion, it takes away from the tragedy and allows more notoriety for the killer.

Also, giving him a nickname turns him into a monster, whereas using his given name reminds the public he is a very real person and a very real person is capable of evil.
    Last edited by Waterslide; July 26th, 2012 at 03:06 PM.

There was a murderer in the UK who gave himself his own nickname. When asked in court what his name is he said the Crossbow Cannibal. So, yes, these POS love to have a nickname. It definitely adds to their notoriety.

I'd say just call him by his name, it's not as if everyone doesn't know it now.
    MsChiff and Waterslide like this.

^^ i agree. i hate that he's called the "batman killer" by many media outlets, because i'm pretty sure he loves it.

i don't care if his daddy didn't love him enough of if he has mental illnesses in his biological family. there are lots of people that are in the same situation who don't murder innocent people in such a horrible way.
    holly likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

OK, This has been floating around FB this morning.....I don't understand the "Brought him in from another Country" thing....When I 1st saw his mug shot, I did think he looked a little different from the smiling picture. But then I figured it was probably a few years difference, and a few years of drugs difference. Drugs definitely end up changing your looks after awhile.

I think people are reaching for something that isn't there.

~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Brought him in from another country? Conspiracy theorists never fail to make me laugh.
    His nose does look different but there could be a few reasons for that.

This is his school yearbook picture
    gardenwitch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    OK, This has been floating around FB this morning.....I don't understand the "Brought him in from another Country" thing....When I 1st saw his mug shot, I did think he looked a little different from the smiling picture. But then I figured it was probably a few years difference, and a few years of drugs difference. Drugs definitely end up changing your looks after awhile.

I think people are reaching for something that isn't there.

Are they Twitards using their expert sleuthing skills like they used on Kristen and Rupert?

People always look different when smiling. It widens your nose and squints your eyes and raises your mouth.
    gardenwitch likes this.

Oh,that is so tiresome!! Idiots abound.
    gardenwitch likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information