Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting at Colorado "The Dark Knight Rises" Screening

and here we go.....

Aurora Shooting Victim Sues Movie Theater for Negligence

Torrence Brown, Jr., who was in attendance at the Aurora midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises, has filed a lawsuit against Century 16 Theater, alleging that they are partly to blame for the outcome of Friday's shooting which resulted in the death of 12 patrons.

Among those killed was A.J. Boik, said to be one of Brown's best friends. Brown himself escaped from the theater physically unscathed, but says he has since developed extreme trauma.

Brown claims in his lawsuit that it was negligent of Century 16 not to guard or alarm their emergency doors. Shooting suspect James Holmes reportedly propped open the emergency doors before returning to his vehicle to fetch his weapons.

In addition to the movie theater, Brown has also named Holmes' doctors as defendants for alleged mismanagement of Holmes' as-yet-unconfirmed medical condition.

Brown is also suing Warner Bros., claiming that The Dark Knight Rises was so violent that it delayed the reaction of many moviegoers who thought the shooting was a promotional stunt.

To represent him, the plaintiff hired "high-powered" Hollywood attorney Donald Karpel. "Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today," Karpel told TMZ.

Aurora Shooting Victim Sues Movie Theater for Negligence
    The door alarm thing is valid. As for the rest.......
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well, what took him so long! It's already been 4 whole days.

And suing Warner Brothers for putting out violent movies? I hope he hires The Roadrunner as one of his attorneys.
    Last edited by Waterslide; July 24th, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
    sluce, Sialia, McJag and 1 others like this.

So movies shouldn't have shooting scenes in case some nutter enters the theatre and shoots people and people won't be able to tell if it's real or not? LOL... I can't..
    MsChiff likes this.

C'mon guys. This is America. There is no point in surviving a trauma if you can't get rich from it!
    MsChiff likes this.

No movies about Jesus, either. It might cause people to try to walk on water.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Huh? You don't know how to walk on water?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Even Jesus has trouble with that these days. The holes and all.
    sluce and MsChiff like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I just realized this. Of a group of 12 randomly killed people ranging in age between 6 and 51, three had almost the same name: Alex Teves (24), Alex Sullivan (27) and Alexander Boik (18). Just something weird.
    Mrs Fawlty likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Christian Bale has surfaced in Colorado to visit victims of last week's deadly shooting at a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises."

Bale, who is filming Terrence Malick's film "Knight of Cups" in Los Angeles, turned up Tuesday at the Medical Center of Aurora, visiting and chatting with survivors as well as posing for photos.
    "The patients were really happy to meet Bale," the hospital's interim president, Bill Voloch, told the Denver Post. "They are obviously big fans of his movies. They wanted to see Batman and were really pleased to see Bale."
    The actor and his wife, Sibi Blazic, enjoyed bedside conversation with patients including Carey Rottman, shown above, as well as interactions with medical staff and first responders.

The visit comes on the heels of a days-old Facebook campaign for Bale to rally and visit the town plagued by tragedy, after 24-year-old suspect James Holmes is said to have opened fire in a movie theater at a midnight showing, killing 12 and injuring dozens.
    Over the weekend, Bale released a statement on the tragedy, saying, “I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them.”

Christian Bale visits 'Dark Knight Rises' theater-shooting victims - latimes.com

I'm glad he didn't wear the rubber costume.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I just realized this. Of a group of 12 randomly killed people ranging in age between 6 and 51, three had almost the same name: Alex Teves (24), Alex Sullivan (27) and Alexander Boik (18). Just something weird.
    not really. alex is a very common name.
    sluce likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Christian Bale has surfaced in Colorado to visit victims of last week's deadly shooting at a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises."

Bale, who is filming Terrence Malick's film "Knight of Cups" in Los Angeles, turned up Tuesday at the Medical Center of Aurora, visiting and chatting with survivors as well as posing for photos.
    "The patients were really happy to meet Bale," the hospital's interim president, Bill Voloch, told the Denver Post. "They are obviously big fans of his movies. They wanted to see Batman and were really pleased to see Bale."
    The actor and his wife, Sibi Blazic, enjoyed bedside conversation with patients including Carey Rottman, shown above, as well as interactions with medical staff and first responders.

The visit comes on the heels of a days-old Facebook campaign for Bale to rally and visit the town plagued by tragedy, after 24-year-old suspect James Holmes is said to have opened fire in a movie theater at a midnight showing, killing 12 and injuring dozens.
    Over the weekend, Bale released a statement on the tragedy, saying, “I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them.”

Christian Bale visits 'Dark Knight Rises' theater-shooting victims - latimes.com

I'm glad he didn't wear the rubber costume.
    OMG, I'm also glad he didn't go all dressed up. I'm glad he did visit them though. As himself.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Yes. This is far classier.
    Do it anyway

Aww, I'm happy to hear Bale went to the hospital, and not dressed as Batman. It probably really meant alot to the survivors, the gift of your time is the best of all.
    McJag likes this.

This was really nice of him.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information