Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting at Colorado "The Dark Knight Rises" Screening

Wow, this whole event is so very sad. My seventeen-year-old daughter went the movie premier (thousands of miles away from CO). I couldn't even begin to imagine her never coming home after an innocent outing at a movie. I'm crying for all of these families and the survivors who will never be able to erase it from their memories.

I'm very hesitant to post this or admit it...but as a person who is working on a concealed carry permit, I wish I had been there (although due to differing state laws it's probably a moot point). Maybe I couldn't have stopped the guy, but you can bet your ass I would've died trying.

That being said, I do believe in some gun control and restrictive laws for the type of weapons/guns that should be permitted. I want to carry for protection purposes only. Will a situation like this ever happen to my loved ones or me? Probably not (I hate to say that, it feels a bit like tempting fate), but you can bet your ass that if some psycho decides to go on a rampage, I can protect myself and others and maybe stop it from being worse.

But......OTOH, yes I admit, unfortunately the right to bear arms gives derranged or emotionally disturbed persons the same access that I have.

*sighs*
    sluce and czb like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoZin View Post
    Maybe I couldn't have stopped the guy, but you can bet your ass I would've died trying.

but you can bet your ass that if some psycho decides to go on a rampage, I can protect myself and others and maybe stop it from being worse.
    No you wouldn't have been able to stop the guy with your gun, in a room full of smoke with no visibility and panicking people running everywhere. You and your gun would have just added to the turmoil and probably shot another innocent victim.
    lucy80, lizzybabe, McJag and 6 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Yeah, that oddly doesn't make me feel any better. A handgun against an assault rifle? You'd have to be a helluva shot...and what faithanne said....
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

The guy was wearing full body armor, including neck and groin protection. I doubt anyone wielding a handgun could have made a difference.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I alway think of this for that amendment

I admit that all of the above may be correct and you all have valid points. Anything could happen. I could be a casualty. I'd just rather be armed than not. The class also involves learning self-defense and survival tactics. A gun should always be a last resort.

I really don't want to start an argument. I'm new here and maybe shouldn't shared an opinion that I knew would be controversial.

My heart breaks for the families. I wish I could hug them and make them better but I know I can't. I've gone through this type of thing with friends who've lost their loved ones to violent acts. The pain is unfathomable.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoZin View Post
    I admit that all of the above may be correct and you all have valid points. Anything could happen. I could be a casualty. I'd just rather be armed than not. The class also involves learning self-defense and survival tactics. A gun should always be a last resort.

I really don't want to start an argument. I'm new here and maybe shouldn't shared an opinion that I knew would be controversial.

My heart breaks for the families. I wish I could hug them and make them better but I know I can't. I've gone through this type of thing with friends who've lost their loved ones to violent acts. The pain is unfathomable.
    Not everybody who thinks he/she is a responsible gun owner, actually is one. Just saying.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

When our founding fathers were drafting the constitution, they were probably using muskets. A gun that takes time to load. They would have never imagined that one day you could fire hundreds of rounds in a quick moment. Assault rifles and 100 round drums were not what they had in mind with the 2nd Amendment. You don't need those to hunt or protect yourself. They only serve one purpose and that is to kill massive amounts of people quickly.
    Last edited by Janet296; July 23rd, 2012 at 10:46 AM.
    SuriCruise likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet296 View Post
    When our founding fathers were drafting the constitution, they were probably using muskets. A gun that takes time to load. They would have never imagined that one day you could fire hundreds of rounds in a quick moment. Assault rifles and 100 round drums were not what they had in mind with the 2nd Amendment. You don't need those to hunt or protect yourself. They only serve on purpose and that is to kill massive amounts of people quickly.
    I think you are on to something. From now on, the people's access to muskets, musketballs, wadding, and black powder shall not be infringed!

Everything else is negotiable, though!
    Janet296, Sialia and SuriCruise like this.

The killer appeared in court today, looking heavily sedated, apparently.
    Here's one picture. That hair! I wouldn't want to be that woman sat next to him.

^ I saw it, and yes he looked pretty out of it. Definitely not alert and oriented. Seemed to be nodding off at times. Not sure if that was due to medication or just being fucking nuts.

And yeah, that Bozo hair is something else.
    MsChiff likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

That poor woman is his court appointed attorney. Bless her.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    That poor woman is his court appointed attorney. Bless her.
    I know, right? I guess she drew the short straw.

I hate how the reports keep calling him "the suspect". Suspect, my ass! He's a mass murderer!

I was wanting to give her a hug the moment I saw her, poor thing. No one wants that job.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Thread Information