Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting at Colorado "The Dark Knight Rises" Screening

mjw
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    chilling parallel? what is this sensationalist bullshit? it's not a chilling parallel, maybe the dude read the comic and decide to shoot people up at the screening, not because he'd read it in the comic but because he's a fucking killer. can't wait for more stories like this blaming batman and not the fact that he could legally amass such an arsenal for not a lot of money and without arousing any suspicions.
    It's already started. I have read comments that Christopher Nolan is making blood money which is bs. They did the same thing w/school shootings and blaming it on The Basketball Diaries.

Some idiot on another website blamed it on President Obama. People will turn any tragedy into an excuse to spew their political beliefs. Tragedies seem to bring the trolls out in full force.

The person who committed the crime is the one responsible. However, some will try to place blame on everything under the sun to gain sympathy for the killer. I expect to here in the next few days about his horrible childhood, mental health problems, school stress, and how he couldn't find a girlfriend.

rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    This whole story makes me crazy. I am anxious to learn more about the gunman.

I will judge and say I think it's terrible that parents took a toddler and an infant to a midnight movie and the same for the poor little 6 year old who was killed. She should have been safely in her bead at home. This movie is PG-13, is known for violence and for being very loud. I know it's expensive to get a sitter but I will never understand parents who put their own selfish needs in front of their children.
    THIS!!!

I can not grasp that type of thinking!! I have been waiting YEARS for the Avengers to finally come on the big screen. My plans were to go to the midnight showing.
    Well, shit happened & I didn't have a babysitter. Did the thought enter my mind that I should just go ahead and bring my 3 kids ranging from ages 3-10? FUCK NO!
    My other half made plans to take me to see it about a week later. Still no babysitter....He said he didn't think it would be a big deal to bring the kids. It is a big deal!! Not only because the movie is loud, long, and maybe violent....BUT also the other people in that theater paid good money to watch a movie without a little kid screaming or talking through it.
    No babysitter means no Movies! I'm not going to use the excuse that oh poor me needs to get out once in awhile. Sure I do! But if I don't plan it out then I'm SOL.
    I still haven't see the Avengers on the big screen. It's driving me crazy, but I'll wait til the DVD is out in September.

Sorry for the mini rant....It just drives me nuts when people do this. People paid a lot of money to see the movie opening night. It's very annoying when there are little kids crying during the movie.

Back on topic.....I had a feeling 4chan would jump all over this. Disgusting..
    holly, Jadestone, sluce and 1 others like this.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

So I just told hubby about the guy who left his kids in the theatre and he just stared at me. Then he said, "wanna bet she's not marrying him now?"
    Waterslide and sputnik like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    In interviews, he's crying like a child. I'm trying not to judge him but everything he says so self-centered. He's only concerned that he would be killed (one reason he left his 4 month old on the floor--he said the crying baby would attract attention, resulting in himself being killed.)

What kind of fuckery is that? I know damn well my father would protect his family until the last breath left his body -- and if he didn't, there'd be hell to pay with my mom. She wouldn't have decided to marry man that left his baby on the floor to be trampled or shot in order to save his own ass.

Can you tell this has me angry?

I've decided to stop watching the news -- I'm feeling almost as sad as I did after 9/11.

Praying for peace for everyone involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Exactly! I saw his whining ass on TV last night too and was disgusted. I hope the woman doesn't marry him. Like someone said earlier, after the shock wears off, maybe she'll realize what a POS he is.

I mean, protecting your children is INSTINCT! It's a primal, sub-conscious thing. This dude ain't got it.
    I agree about the guy who left his child and girlfriend. I had CNN on for a little while last night, before I had to turn it off, because it was getting ridiculous with the sensationalist coverage, and happened upon this crying man. I thought I must be misunderstanding him. He said that something kept telling him to go back in, to go back in and he still didn't.

I guess we're not supposed to judge, but...I'm finding it hard not to. And I don't know exactly what I would do in that situation, but I do know I'd never leave my family or whoever I showed up with behind. If I can't say that with certainty, I need serious help.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    It's already started. I have read comments that Christopher Nolan is making blood money which is bs. They did the same thing w/school shootings and blaming it on The Basketball Diaries.

Some idiot on another website blamed it on President Obama. People will turn any tragedy into an excuse to spew their political beliefs. Tragedies seem to bring the trolls out in full force.

The person who committed the crime is the one responsible. However, some will try to place blame on everything under the sun to gain sympathy for the killer. I expect to here in the next few days about his horrible childhood, mental health problems, school stress, and how he couldn't find a girlfriend.
    ^Agree about ridiculousness of blaming Christopher Nolan and Obama. Also agree about people using this as an excuse to spew their political beliefs. And, again, I also agree wholeheartedly about placing blame on the man who masterminded this evil thing. I'm sure we will hear details about his sad life and mental illnesses. I am curious to hear about what drove him to do this, but not one iota of the sob story will make me feel sympathy for him.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I just can't believe he would abandon an infant to save himself. I just can't.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I know, I'm trying so hard not to judge because of the extraordinary circumstances but damn.

Just a request - could we maybe lay off the intrusive stuff please? My youtube kicks in automatically and I can think of no good reason as to why anybody would want to listen to the call to the emergency services of that. The same way I don't want to see photos of parents desperately trying to find their children who are still inside the theatre. It's heartbreaking enough to know it happened, I don't need to intrude on somebody's trauma.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Elite Member

Yeah, like Nolan would want someone to go on a killng spree during the opening weekend of his movie. Common sense, meet the open window. Fly out whenever you want.

The killer is the only one to blame. Plenty of us or someone we know were abused, bullied, neglected, and made to feel bad about ourselves. But we haven't opened fire in a crowded theater. We have moral compasses, we feel something for our fellow person. This dude was looking to hurt as many people as possible. Booby-trapping his apartment? He wanted to create carnage and chaos. It's on his head, no one else's. Blaming Nolan, Obama, or Santa Claus takes away time and effort from the victims, and that's not fair.
    stef, greysfang and Serendipity like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I just can't believe he would abandon an infant to save himself. I just can't.
    I can't imagine leaving anybody behind, much less an infant. It's not like he was a cop or a doctor. Every time I talk about this guy, I want to break something.

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    I know, I'm trying so hard not to judge because of the extraordinary circumstances but damn.

Just a request - could we maybe lay off the intrusive stuff please? My youtube kicks in automatically and I can think of no good reason as to why anybody would want to listen to the call to the emergency services of that. The same way I don't want to see photos of parents desperately trying to find their children who are still inside the theatre. It's heartbreaking enough to know it happened, I don't need to intrude on somebody's trauma.
    Yeah, especially if people have YouTube playing automatically, I think you should be able to choose whether you want to hear the 911 calls or not. I know they're public record, but I never get the reason why the public needs to hear them outside of a courtroom.
    holly, greysfang and Serendipity like this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Jarell Brooks, the world commends you for your selfless bravery.

Someone start a fund for THIS guy---so he can take a 'dream vacation'. Or for therapy perhaps??? Good for him---gives me some hope for humanity.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post

Someone start a fund for THIS guy---so he can take a 'dream vacation'. Or for therapy perhaps??? Good for him---gives me some hope for humanity.
    If Patricia was smart, she's dump her BF and get with Jarrell. He protected her children, while the BF burned rubber in the parking lot.

This happened because this guy is severely mentally ill. I have a brother who is very mentall ill and I still don't feel sympathy for the killer. I feel bad for his family because people will judge them, think they are evil and think they should have done something to stop their son from committing this massacre. It's damn near impossible to get a mentally ill adult mental help here, I feel so sad for them, I know they must be grieving the son they just "lost" themselves along with the lives he took. This isn't their fault and now that's all people will associate them with, the parents of a mass killer.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post

If Karen Klein, the bullied bus monitor can get $700,000, this guy deserves a million at least. He actually saved lives here.

He's 19 - give him a college scholarship, a job, something. Right now the fiance is getting more press than Jarell - which stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybabe View Post
    if karen klein, the bullied bus monitor can get $700,000, this guy deserves a million at least. He actually saved lives here.

He's 19 - give him a college scholarship, a job, something. Right now the fiance is getting more press than jarell - which stinks.
    exactly.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybabe View Post
    If Karen Klein, the bullied bus monitor can get $700,000, this guy deserves a million at least. He actually saved lives here.

He's 19 - give him a college scholarship, a job, something. Right now the fiance is getting more press than Jarell - which stinks.
    Jarrell deserves nothing but good things, but let the fiance continue being a famewhore. Every blog I've read is BLASTING this coward. He'll be mocked forever. Serves him right, leaving that poor baby to be potentially trampled.

I'm curious about the stats on killing sprees in those who have to leave in the middle of their quest for advanced degrees. It happened on our campus when I was an undergrad and it seems like that's been repeated more than once since.

I'm avoiding some of the emotionally charged stuff...cannot handle images of parents, stories of children dying, cowardly fathers. It's too much to handle. Those people are going through a living hell.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information