Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Manhattan Nanny Stabbing Tragedy Brings Out the Worst in People

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post

"Overcrowded tenement" probably means the building she lives in has more people living in it than are supposed to, as in 1 bed with 4 people, for example. Not that the nanny's apartment was necessarily overcrowded, but the actual building.
    It's a euphemism for "poor, lower class neighborhood".

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    It's a euphemism for "poor, lower class neighborhood".
    Yeah, that too.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Default Police Officially Charge NYC Nanny with Murder

Just in case you had started to believe that the horrifying story of a New York nanny stabbing to death two of the children in her case was simply an awful collective nightmare we had before Hurricane Sandy, here's an update: Yoselyn Ortega, the nanny in question, was charged Saturday with murder.

According to the AP, Ortega had recovered enough from her apparently self-inflicted wounds Saturday to be interviewed by police, who then formally charged her with two counts each of first- and second-degree murder for the stabbing deaths on Oct. 25 of 6-year-old Lucia Krim and her 2-year-old brother, Leo. Though Ortega had come out of a coma last Sunday, police delayed filing formal charges because she was still intubated (which, according to police spokesman Paul J. Browne, is pretty much standard operating procedure).

In an earlier statement to police, Ortega mentioned "friction" in her relationship with her employers, Marina and Kevin Krim, and apparently complainted about having housekeeping duties heaped on top of her childcare duties. Since plenty of people go through the daily grind of living and working — which almost definitely includes doing a whole lot of unpaid, one-for-the-team extra work — there's probably a little more to Ortega's stabbing motives than a tale of simmering class angst. Police charge NYC nanny in stabbing death of kids [AP via USA Today

Police Officially Charge NYC Nanny with Murder
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Ortega mentioned "friction" in her relationship with her employers, Marina and Kevin Krim, and apparently complainted about having housekeeping duties heaped on top of her childcare duties.
    I've never known a nanny who wasn't expected to do some light housekeeping along with the childcare duties. Childcare and housekeeping kind of go hand in hand. And if she wasn't willing or able to do what was expected of her, she should have resigned. Not killed the kids. What a cowardly, disgusting excuse.

um, i doubt she killed the kids just because they asked her to do a bit of light housekeeping.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

No, but this is sig-worthy:

And if she wasn't willing or able to do what was expected of her, she should have resigned. Not killed the kids.
    sputnik, JerriBlank and laynes like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Yes, it's so hard to find good help...

Well, it sounded in the article like that's what she was using as her explanation... the fact that she had "friction" with them because they expected her to do some housekeeping.

The latest is that Ortega had an epic, horrible argument/fight with Marina Krim, the day before Ortega killed the kids.

When I got in a conflict with the woman I babysat for (for over four years), I just stopped babysitting for her. Let her and her latest jerk boyfriend - whose side she took - find someone else take care of two pre-teen girls for $30 for six hours. No matter how bad things got, I could have never hurt those girls; I would've thrown myself between them and a bullet without hesitation.

I have to believe the reports this nanny was showing schizophrenic behaviour, because what she did to those bairns is just unfathomable to me
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    When I got in a conflict with the woman I babysat for (for over four years), I just stopped babysitting for her. Let her and her latest jerk boyfriend - whose side she took - find someone else take care of two pre-teen girls for $30 for six hours. No matter how bad things got, I could have never hurt those girls; I would've thrown myself between them and a bullet without hesitation.

I have to believe the reports this nanny was showing schizophrenic behaviour, because what she did to those bairns is just unfathomable to me
    It does seem very rare that someone who is homicidally angry at another person would take it out on the person's kids instead of the person they are actually angry at. But it has happened a lot of times with parents who were fighting over the custody of kids. Given that the nanny had the semi-parental role, I wonder if that kind of thinking came into play.

But I'm not up on the schizophrenic angle.

I haven't heard anything new about this on the news so I don't know what made this woman snap. I don't know if she's schizophrenic or maybe when they had their argument Krim threatened to fire her and it was a "if I can't have the kids, you can't either" situation. I just can't make any sense of it.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I haven't heard anything new about this on the news so I don't know what made this woman snap. I don't know if she's schizophrenic or maybe when they had their argument Krim threatened to fire her and it was a "if I can't have the kids, you can't either" situation. I just can't make any sense of it.
    Not 100% on this, but I could have sworn they said she lived with 4 people in her apartment & one was her teenage son... And honestly I question if it was such a big blow up over housework, why wouldnt the mom just fire her? I'm not buying this break was over housework either.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Outrage as Facebook support page proclaims innocence of accused child-killer nanny

The accused killer nanny has a fan club.

A delusional group of 15 people has created a Facebook page to prove the innocence of the Upper West Side nanny charged with butchering two young children — despite the woman’s own alleged confession to cops that she stabbed them.

The members identify themselves as “family, friends and just common Americans” — and say they want to gather information showing Yoselyn Ortega, 50, “did not do this crime” and to give her a chance “to prove her case in a not-guilty verdict.”

On the page, they plead for any information that could “help bring the real killer or killers to be arrested.”

“Just because nanny Yoselyn Ortega is charged, there is evidence that she did not do this,” wrote Raquel Nguyen, who created the group “Support Innocence of Nanny Yoselyn Ortega.”

Ortega is charged with first-degree murder in the Oct. 25 slayings of two adorable Upper West Side children — Lucia Krim, 6, and Leo Krim, 2. The children were found by their mother, Marina Krim, bleeding to death in a bathtub in their home.

The nanny, who slashed her own throat in the apartment, is no longer intubated and is recovering at New York-Cornell hospital.

In a bedside interview with police, she allegedly admitted “hurting the kids” — stabbing baby Leo as he slept and his sister Lucia as she tried to fight back, a law-enforcement source said.

The financially strapped Ortega — who became enraged when the parents offered her simple housework as a way to earn more money — allegedly told cops she stabbed the children to “get back at the parents,” the source added.

The Facebook page has sparked outrage from New Yorkers and people around the country who say Ortega should “rot in hell” and be “put to death.”

“This is the sickest site I have ever seen,” Caryn Gottlieb wrote on the page. “A family lost their two children because of a crazed lunatic . . . for anyone to try to defend or make excuses for her actions makes them as sick as her.”

Jaime Stanley added: “This is sick!! I cannot believe there is a Facebook page supporting this monster!! Two young children died in a horrible way by the hands of this nanny and people are supporting her! How do they sleep at night?

“Death penalty or she needs to rot in jail for the rest of her life.”

Ortega’s attorney, Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg, did not reply to a call seeking comment yesterday.
    Facebook support page proclaims innocence of accused child-killer nanny Yoselyn Ortega - NYPOST.com

You know, I'm all for a fair trail... but what exactly are these people's angle?

SOMEONE ELSE was in the apartment, killed the kids, then the mom comes homes & doesnt see said person, THEN the nanny panics & slashes her own throat?!? THEN confesses to police she did everything... for fear random OTHER UNKNOWN PERSON would kill her?!? JFC
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information